• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What I would do if I was Tery Francona

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this sounds crazy but I'm not sure I'd throw John Lester tomorrow on short rest. Their best chance to advance to the playoffs and actually do something in the playoffs would be to pitch anybody else and hope they could get the w against the Birds. If they still end up tied then they have Lester to pitch Fridays tie breaker. If they beat the O's and the Yanks beat the Rays then they have Lester to pitch game 1. It may be a crazy move but it's the move that would give them the best chance to win the World Series in the long run.

Does any of that sound logical or am I just crazy?

I don't think Tampa Bay should use this strategy because they have a deeper rotation to use in the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember a race where so much has been up in the air the last day of the season. I mean, is Texas at home or is DET? Is Texas playing BOS or TPA or even DET? We could have a playoff for the WC in both the AL and the NL. Both the AL and NL have seen large leads in the WC race turn into ties on the last day of the year. It is insane the number of moving parts. No one knows where they will be playing this weekend.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, Buchholz will be available for the playoffs. In a pinch, he could start game 1.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to make sure there is a tomorrow so you put your best option on the mound today, whatever that is. Take your chances with TB in a playoff game since they have the weakest offense of the playoff contenders.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this sounds crazy but I'm not sure I'd throw John Lester tomorrow on short rest. Their best chance to advance to the playoffs and actually do something in the playoffs would be to pitch anybody else and hope they could get the w against the Birds. If they still end up tied then they have Lester to pitch Fridays tie breaker. If they beat the O's and the Yanks beat the Rays then they have Lester to pitch game 1. It may be a crazy move but it's the move that would give them the best chance to win the World Series in the long run.

Does any of that sound logical or am I just crazy?

I don't think Tampa Bay should use this strategy because they have a deeper rotation to use in the playoffs.

Theres no way they pitch lester on 2 days rest

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres no way they pitch lester on 2 days rest

Boston probably start Lackey if they have to play a tie-breaker game with TB. but they might have to start Wakefield in the 1st game of the ALDS

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't remember a race where so much has been up in the air the last day of the season. I mean, is Texas at home or is DET? Is Texas playing BOS or TPA or even DET? We could have a playoff for the WC in both the AL and the NL. Both the AL and NL have seen large leads in the WC race turn into ties on the last day of the year. It is insane the number of moving parts. No one knows where they will be playing this weekend.

I don't remember when the results of six game #162 so critical to the post season. Historic!

BTW... TEX can't face DET in the first round since LAA was eliminated.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Francona, I'd resign for such a historic collapse happening under my management.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[Eddie Murphy]What have you done for me lately?[/Eddie Murphy]

After waiting as long as they did and then him getting them not 1 but 2 titles and then dealing with all the injuries that they have this year, I'm sure he's not feeling in any danger or feeling any need to resign

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After waiting as long as they did and then him getting them not 1 but 2 titles and then dealing with all the injuries that they have this year, I'm sure he's not feeling in any danger or feeling any need to resign

think again! Lol