• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Does Our Cap Space Look Like This Off Season?

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's early... but is it possible that we get Ndomukung Suh or Nick Fairly?

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's early... but is it possible that we get Ndomukung Suh or Nick Fairly?

I'm pretty certain we won't have he space for Suh... as much as I'd love to see him down here. With Dez and Murray needing financial care, I have the sense he draft is where we will see improvement in the D-Line.

However - I defer to Jarntt on the cap.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh would look real good. I love how he does not give a crap and destroys the qb. Our defense needs to put some suh like hits on sanchez tonight.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope boat right gets in the game tonight. Selvie and Spencer are not getting it done. They are no longer hungry.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer....keep Dez AND Murray....draft for D. If we could do that, I'd be ecstatic, anything we added in FA would be a bonus....oh, and a healthy season from Sean Lee:hope:

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer....keep Dez AND Murray....draft for D. If we could do that, I'd be ecstatic, anything we added in FA would be a bonus....oh, and a healthy season from Sean Lee:hope:

This is exactly what I hope to see them do. D-Line... D-Line... D-Line...

Could use depth at CB and you can never go wrong grabbing another O-Lineman. But the defensive front had to be addressed.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap all depends on several factors. After the owners meetings the projections per NFL owners would be about 140M which is a soft projection. Several individuals with knowledge believe that the cap will be much higher and that the owners aren't projecting revenue properly. I for one have projected the 2015 cap to be between 145-150M which as of this point would give us about 7.5-12.5M in space.

HOWEVER, this does not account for the Doug Free and Melton contracts that will not be opted into, which will add an additional 17M in space. In other words even if the cap was at 140M we would go into the offseason with about 20M in space after opting out of the Free and Melton options; and trust me the cap will be over 140M. We will have plenty of space. This is not even taking into consideration us restructuring Tyron Smiths deal which will create about 7M or so to bring us to at least 27M in space with only one restructure of a player whom will be here for at least 5-7 more years, which btw his contract was set up for this.

Romo's contract will not be touched, and Dez contract will probably include a low first year number after first year restructure. There will be plenty of cap to work with, but the thing is will a guy like Suh want to be paid more than Watt? If so even with our cap space I'd doubt we pay him considering Crawford's emergence this year.

I'd spend the money on JPP and a corner like Harris over what Suh will want, it'll be ridiculous. Also Murray will either come back on a 6-7M/year deal or be gone, RB market will be deep enough this year, as well as the draft class, and AP probably getting released, Murray either takes what is given or walks. Jerry is going to go nuts this offseason considering we have double digit wins. Look for Jerry to spend, spend, spend. The cap isn't a problem, never has been, nor will it be, and will only increase with the new TV deals kicking in next year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just drafted D.Law there goes your future end starting next season, get a guy like JPP, throw in Crawford at the 3, and draft a 1 tech in the draft, and your DL goes from weakness to strength.

Carr will probably take a pay cut or be cut, either way I'd look at adding a starting corner.

Lee as Will, McClain as Mike, Durant/Carter probably resigned for 2-3 year deals on the low/moderate end.

I actually wouldn't be shocked to see Crabtree sign with the team honestly on a 1-2 year prove it deal, from the area, Dez and he really good friends, and would die to play with Romo vs Kap.

I think honestly depending on how AP thing plays out will determine how Murray will play out. AP will probably cost less at this point in his career with age, and legal trouble. Not to mention the whole this is his home and wants to play for Dallas thing.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just drafted D.Law there goes your future end starting next season, get a guy like JPP, throw in Crawford at the 3, and draft a 1 tech in the draft, and your DL goes from weakness to strength.

Carr will probably take a pay cut or be cut, either way I'd look at adding a starting corner.

Lee as Will, McClain as Mike, Durant/Carter probably resigned for 2-3 year deals on the low/moderate end.

I actually wouldn't be shocked to see Crabtree sign with the team honestly on a 1-2 year prove it deal, from the area, Dez and he really good friends, and would die to play with Romo vs Kap.

I think honestly depending on how AP thing plays out will determine how Murray will play out. AP will probably cost less at this point in his career with age, and legal trouble. Not to mention the whole this is his home and wants to play for Dallas thing.

Crabtree is intriguing. The local tie in has possibilities and I'd be interested to see him with a real QB.

Don't know about JPP... most of my coworkers who are Giants fans are really down on him right now. Also - speculation is that Marinelli leaves to coach for Lovie in TB. Wonder who replaces him and how JPP might fit into the scheme.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree is intriguing. The local tie in has possibilities and I'd be interested to see him with a real QB.

Don't know about JPP... most of my coworkers who are Giants fans are really down on him right now. Also - speculation is that Marinelli leaves to coach for Lovie in TB. Wonder who replaces him and how JPP might fit into the scheme.

Don't think he can leave for same job unless Jerry lets him go, I'd have to look into that; but only way I think he can go is if he gets a HC job.

I think JPP with Marinelli leads the NFL in sacks, IMO.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think he can leave for same job unless Jerry lets him go, I'd have to look into that; but only way I think he can go is if he gets a HC job.

I think JPP with Marinelli leads the NFL in sacks, IMO.

He's in the final year of his contract. And he & Lovie are very close.

Most "insiders" here see him as already gone. I wish I felt a different vibe from the Ranch. He's been a wonderful part of the staff.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's in the final year of his contract. And he & Lovie are very close.

Most "insiders" here see him as already gone. I wish I felt a different vibe from the Ranch. He's been a wonderful part of the staff.

wow, well only time will tell. I know he has made this D the unit it is today. I pray we make it impossible for him to leave $$$$$$$$$$ if you know what I mean.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Rod is under contract, he isn't going anywhere, If Jerry didn't let Callahan make a lateral move theres no way he's letting Rod go. Love the JPP idea, if he's healthy, he's the 15 sack guy we need. That number sounds high till you think about the way the Giants have always rotated out their ends. He'd be rushing on every passing situation. I would pass on Crabtree, I'd spend all money on defense, mainly DL and a corner to replace Carr, unless there really is a chance AP comes here next season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing on next years cap space is just that, a guess. We don't even know what the cap will be and to assume it will be $150M makes these scenarios easy and fun, but it's quite an assumption. We have a lot of Free agents. Yes, how we handle Dez and Murray will go along way towards deciding what else we do, but look at the list of our FAs. They do all add up as you fill out the roster.

To say it isn't a problem and never has been is way off base. Yeah, we'll get under and and get some wiggle room, but the restructures that get done and make some think the cap wasn't a problem ARE THE PROBLEM in subsequent years. If we didn't have to restructure Romo he would be costing us a billion dollars next year. If we never had to restructure Carr because of cap problems, he wouldn't be costing us over $12M to cut next year. So do we keep him at $12M, cut him at $12M, or cut him and split it out over two years so we are still paying for him a year after he is gone. Rinse and repeat, because next year it will be someone else and maybe that's why we have no real pass rushers right now. And don't expect to solve your problems thru the draft. Yes, that is the best way to do it for a million reasons, but there is no guarantee those draft picks will produce and especially in year one.

Unfortunately, we cannot make Marinelli stay. He doesn't need a promotion to go. He can sign a contract to be a water boy in Tampa next year if he'd prefer if his contract is up this year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree...

I'd be really surprised if Rod leaves. His players are playing hard for him, Jerrys been good to him, and he's a very loyal guy. No offense to Lovie and the Bucs, but I think Jerrys a good enough salesman to keep him here

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be really surprised if Rod leaves. His players are playing hard for him, Jerrys been good to him, and he's a very loyal guy. No offense to Lovie and the Bucs, but I think Jerrys a good enough salesman to keep him here

Jerry I would think will pay him to stay instead of heading to the train wreck that Tampa is.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't underestimate his friendship with Lovie. They are VERY good friends. And loyalty means a lot to Marinelli based on what I've read about him.

That may well transcend Jerry's money.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't underestimate his friendship with Lovie. They are VERY good friends. And loyalty means a lot to Marinelli based on what I've read about him.

That may well transcend Jerry's money.

He'll have to choose on being part of building something, especially if as we expect the Cowboys draft heavy on defense, or go work with his buddy in obscurity for a shit franchise.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll have to choose on being part of building something, especially if as we expect the Cowboys draft heavy on defense, or go work with his buddy in obscurity for a shit franchise.

He saw what can happen with buddy deals last year with Monte:L