• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What brand of balls do you use?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes, I tend to take the ball out of play after a hole or two

The game is much more enjoyable when you keep the ball in the fairway.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but I would be thrilled to get 6 rounds out of a ball...even if I don't lose it, I tend to take the ball out of play after a round or two.

I use 'em until I can feel the defect or compresion loss.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally got my crate of Titlest NXT's from Golfball Nut. I was like a little kid opening a Christmas present.

There, right on top is a ball with the Seahawks logo!!! Can you belee dat??

I promptly nine ironed that fucker into the field behind my house.

lmao...........

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use Pro V for the most part, but depending on how tight the course is that I'm playing I'll switch it up to something with less action.

My swing promotes a natural draw and with little room for error off the tee it can make it a bitch when I'm swinging away with the driver.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use Pro V for the most part, but depending on how tight the course is that I'm playing I'll switch it up to something with less action.

My swing promotes a natural draw and with little room for error off the tee it can make it a bitch when I'm swinging away with the driver.

May I suggest giving the Wilson Duo a try. It has the same characteristics as the Pro V at a much more reasonable price.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it would make a difference with me. I suck at golf and quit trying. It's just so damn hard not to swing the golf club like a baseball bat after playing baseball your entire life before ever taking a swing at a golf ball.

I've played one full round of golf in my life. My score was over 150.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May I suggest giving the Wilson Duo a try. It has the same characteristics as the Pro V at a much more reasonable price.

I'll try it out for sure. I definitely go through several different types of balls in practice rounds. Haven't tried the Wilson Duo yet.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually use the DT solo's which are all right, and sometimes I'll roll the dice on those refurbished Pro V1's. They really are like a box of chocolates. Half of the dozen are usually crap but the other half are perfect. Nothing like the feeling of that ball just compressing off the club head. But they're just way too expensive for me to justify buying them to my wife.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those refurbished pro v's get bumpy for me the instant I strike one with an iron.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those refurbished pro v's get bumpy for me the instant I strike one with an iron.

You're lucky if you get 6 good ones out of the dozen, which makes it kind of ridiculous when you could just buy a dozen you know are good right out of the box for the same price relatively. I just have a hard time kicking down $50+ for a dozen balls. I play winters in Seattle and you can lose a ball in the middle of the fairway this time of year because they get so embedded or roll under a leaf (not an issue right now but some of the courses are a nightmare in that regards around october/november).

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its not the end of the world. You can correct that swing flaw with a little work.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually use the DT solo's which are all right, and sometimes I'll roll the dice on those refurbished Pro V1's. They really are like a box of chocolates. Half of the dozen are usually crap but the other half are perfect. Nothing like the feeling of that ball just compressing off the club head. But they're just way too expensive for me to justify buying them to my wife.

I'm not one to play/buy refurbishish balls at all, and I'm right with you on $50 for a dz balls...I know some players swear by PV1s...it's definitely a good ball, and I play them when I get them as gifts, but I don't see it being markedly better than B330s or the Strizon Z ball for that matter...$25-30 is my threshold on golf balls and I think it's quite easy to find plenty comparable to a PV1.

Solos are decent...actually good when the courses are soft...but when the greens get firm and fast and you need them to bite on short game shots...I can't trust the Solo.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not one to play/buy refurbishish balls at all, and I'm right with you on $50 for a dz balls...I know some players swear by PV1s...it's definitely a good ball, and I play them when I get them as gifts, but I don't see it being markedly better than B330s or the Strizon Z ball for that matter...$25-30 is my threshold on golf balls and I think it's quite easy to find plenty comparable to a PV1.

Solos are decent...actually good when the courses are soft...but when the greens get firm and fast and you need them to bite on short game shots...I can't trust the Solo.

Yeah, they're not the softest in the world. I just tried the Callaway Hex Chrome this weekend and they felt really nice. 20 bucks for a dozen at Target. $25 is tops for me though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they're not the softest in the world. I just tried the Callaway Hex Chrome this weekend and they felt really nice. 20 bucks for a dozen at Target. $25 is tops for me though.

On full swings with short irons...I can stop Solos...no spin back, but 1 bounce and check. If you play a bump n run game around the greens, no problem...it's that shot around the green you want to check...that's really the beauty of the tour caliber balls (PV1, B330, etc.) if you hit the ball 1st you can count on them checking.

Callaway...haven't played the Hex Chrome, but I like the price...caught a deal on B330s this yr and should have enough to go thru the season, but I'm a junky for good golf balls at a great price.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just tried the Callaway Hex Chrome this weekend and they felt really nice.

You played this last weekend?

Rat bastid. I am jealous.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You played this last weekend?

Rat bastid. I am jealous.

Yeah. The only thing that's going to keep me off the course is heavy rain or frost. There's a ton of courses around where I live and I know most of the guys and they're totally cool with me just walking on for 18 by myself as long as I'm there before the first tee time. I got two young kids so if I don't do it early in the morning then I'm not doing it at all. cool thins about Seattle is that in the middle of the summer you can play 3 hours of golf if you start at dawn and still get to work by 8:30 no problem.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On full swings with short irons...I can stop Solos...no spin back, but 1 bounce and check. If you play a bump n run game around the greens, no problem...it's that shot around the green you want to check...that's really the beauty of the tour caliber balls (PV1, B330, etc.) if you hit the ball 1st you can count on them checking.

Callaway...haven't played the Hex Chrome, but I like the price...caught a deal on B330s this yr and should have enough to go thru the season, but I'm a junky for good golf balls at a great price.

I tried the chrome's for the hell of it not thinking much about it and they were really crisp. They were pretty good checking as well but if you want PV1 quality then you're going to have to pay for it.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. The only thing that's going to keep me off the course is heavy rain or frost.

Copy that brother. Here in the land of cheese, the rule is if the course is open, you play. 2 weeks ago it looked like the courses might be opening earlier than usual as there was only about 1-2 inches on the ground around the street curbs but plenty of green showing. Then we got a foot of snow last weekend so, alas......................

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried the chrome's for the hell of it not thinking much about it and they were really crisp. They were pretty good checking as well but if you want PV1 quality then you're going to have to pay for it.

Yes and no...if you want Titleist...yes $40+ is about the best I've found...but I got B330s (the same performance for me) for $24.99 for logo overruns and when they showed up...no logos...I think the company wanted to unload the '13 balls and advertising logos was a loophole.

Last weekend was 65 and 67...and I couldn't get out either day...but I've played 4 rounds already in '15...that's pretty good for ATL winter.