• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What about Josh Allen?

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well surely ur smart enough to realize that profootballfocus has some pretty good metrics, and rating baker as top 10 is no fluke, just checking
Small sample size. Smaller than your fucking brain.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small sample size. Smaller than your fucking brain.
yeah i mean again we were using a sample size of 962 pass attempts before, that was small man you just wont accept that people smarter than you have the same concerns. Continue your MO of getting mad, and swearing at people, its effective in getting your point across.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because he did well on draft kings........lmao

If a player is consistent in fantasy, he's good in real life too. Aaron Rodgers in 2009 was fantasy's top player. That was no red herring.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a player is consistent in fantasy, he's good in real life too. Aaron Rodgers in 2009 was fantasy's top player. That was no red herring.
thats just not true. lmao. u cherry pick shit from 9 years ago?
eaasy to disprove this.
How bout big ben this year? he was a great fantasy qb. He won us some games, cost us some games, and as ranked by many this year mid pack. but the #3 fantasy qb.......hmm hows that work

how about dak? hes top 10 in fantasy, was he a top 10 qb this year?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about trey burton, austin hooper, they were top 10 tight ends in fantasy, #* and #6 respectively........

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:crazy:

The more talented team? Mayfield went 6-7 as the starter. Before him the Browns had only won 6 of their previous 58 games.

Keep on trolling along.

You know this stuff gets me because the schedule coicidentally got easier. He certainly did not play well against KC, Houston, and Denver post-Hue. And Houston is not that good of a defense. LAC, Pittsburgh are tougher games. I think TB was the only game Baker should have played better in under Hue.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Josh Allen's overall QB rating is 52.3. However, take out the Packers game where his QBR was 5.4. His QBR moves up to 56.6. Take out him being thrust in the Baltimore game, and his QBR is 58.83.

Now when was his first big game? Oh that's right, MINNESOTA so now take out LAC week 2 which was his first start and a QBR of 16.1. His QBR is now 63.6 from week 3 on excluding Green Bay which was on a back to back road end after a good game. One other game we can exclude is Tennessee, who actually had a good defense this year. His QBR is now 66.3.

So his worst games were all before his injury.......GB, LAC, Baltimore, Tennessee, and Houston. The latter game he got hurt in and only had 17 attempts.

Now, let's look at Allen's QBR BEFORE he got hurt....36.3

After he came back from injury....61.7

Take away the road game at NE and his QBR post-injury is 71.4

One other game in this stretch he had a poor QBR was against Detroit, but Detroit's defense has been Jekyl and Hyde.

The takeaway from this is he not only has no elite receivers, he has no elite RB. McCoy is no longer the right fit for this team, and has had reduced carries this season. But a QBR that went from 36.3 to 61.7 can't be argued against.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Josh Allen's overall QB rating is 52.3. However, take out the Packers game where his QBR was 5.4. His QBR moves up to 56.6. Take out him being thrust in the Baltimore game, and his QBR is 58.83.

Now when was his first big game? Oh that's right, MINNESOTA so now take out LAC week 2 which was his first start and a QBR of 16.1. His QBR is now 63.6 from week 3 on excluding Green Bay which was on a back to back road end after a good game. One other game we can exclude is Tennessee, who actually had a good defense this year. His QBR is now 66.3.

So his worst games were all before his injury.......GB, LAC, Baltimore, Tennessee, and Houston. The latter game he got hurt in and only had 17 attempts.

One other game in this stretch he had a poor QBR was against Detroit, but Detroit's defense has been Jekyl and Hyde.

The takeaway from this is he not only has no elite receivers, he has no elite RB. McCoy is no longer the right fit for this team, and has had reduced carries this season. But a QBR that went from 36.3 to 61.7 can't be argued against.
Actuallybthe qbr can be dismissed because your just making things up and excluding things that happened

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God a couple more reasonable people entered the conversation. I was getting tired of arguing with these rubes about how Baker Mayfield's 13 starts don't make him a perennial Hall of Famer.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the Bills are 6 and 0 right now if you don't count the losses.:dhd:

And i know its confusing but QBR and QB rating are different stats that are calculated differently(Well QBR isn't really calculated its just some random ESPNs employees opinion.)

Last edited:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MayfieldW17.png

not actually pumping baker here, josh allen moved up to 7 in the final first round rookie rankings, thats a big jump for him,

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't dismiss all the bad stuff and pretend it's a point.

He was a raw, raw rookie, from tier 2 college.

Our first six quarters we were outscored like 70-0. Vikings was not Allen's "breakout". When Vonta Davis retired at halftime, our D flipped a switch. The Vikings were the victim of a defensive assault.

McCoy has nothing to do with anything. C-RG-RT were atrocious. We had three first downs after two weeks. Not many more for the next four. This was not on Allen...yet, he is not dismissed of his NFL welcoming.

After his injury, and after Wyatt Teller (5th round rookie) was put in at LG, and especially after Benji and Holmes were turfed, the progression for Allen became palpable.

Numbers can be skewed. Personnel changes corresponding with better results is all I need to see, and the only proof I need to provide.

So while I agree with your take to provide reasons for low ratings, you don't dismiss them, you just use them to provide evidence of progression.

Maybe I walked into this thread with the wrong idea. Comparing him to the other rooks is irrelevant to me. Knowing the Bills finally have a QB is the relevance I'm trying to portray.

What I do like about your numbers, combined with my personnel references, is that it does show there is a player here.

So I'm all over the place.
1) Comp % means very little to me.
2) Allen was a raw rookie...as expected. I don't feel the need to hide from that.
3) Browns fans being happy with Baker doesn't hurt my feelings...and they should be happy with him. (Jets otoh, probably second guessing themselves)
4) Being taken after Baker and Darnold, means my "worry" would lie with Rosen and Jackson....and there is no worry there.
5) if anyone thinks Allen in week 4, is the same as Allen in week 17, you've got rocks in your head.

Baker, Darnold and Rosen will have to adapt to new coaches and possibly new schemes. Allen will have the same QB room he finished with. Should be interesting....but again, I don't really care about comparing QBs.

Marino was more accurate than Kelly, doesn't mean I'd make the trade.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't dismiss all the bad stuff and pretend it's a point.

He was a raw, raw rookie, from tier 2 college.

Our first six quarters we were outscored like 70-0. Vikings was not Allen's "breakout". When Vonta Davis retired at halftime, our D flipped a switch. The Vikings were the victim of a defensive assault.

McCoy has nothing to do with anything. C-RG-RT were atrocious. We had three first downs after two weeks. Not many more for the next four. This was not on Allen...yet, he is not dismissed of his NFL welcoming.

After his injury, and after Wyatt Teller (5th round rookie) was put in at LG, and especially after Benji and Holmes were turfed, the progression for Allen became palpable.

Numbers can be skewed. Personnel changes corresponding with better results is all I need to see, and the only proof I need to provide.

So while I agree with your take to provide reasons for low ratings, you don't dismiss them, you just use them to provide evidence of progression.

Maybe I walked into this thread with the wrong idea. Comparing him to the other rooks is irrelevant to me. Knowing the Bills finally have a QB is the relevance I'm trying to portray.

What I do like about your numbers, combined with my personnel references, is that it does show there is a player here.

So I'm all over the place.
1) Comp % means very little to me.
2) Allen was a raw rookie...as expected. I don't feel the need to hide from that.
3) Browns fans being happy with Baker doesn't hurt my feelings...and they should be happy with him. (Jets otoh, probably second guessing themselves)
4) Being taken after Baker and Darnold, means my "worry" would lie with Rosen and Jackson....and there is no worry there.
5) if anyone thinks Allen in week 4, is the same as Allen in week 17, you've got rocks in your head.

Baker, Darnold and Rosen will have to adapt to new coaches and possibly new schemes. Allen will have the same QB room he finished with. Should be interesting....but again, I don't really care about comparing QBs.

Marino was more accurate than Kelly, doesn't mean I'd make the trade.
I follow pff rookie rankings. He made big jumps in their metrics

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I follow pff rookie rankings. He made big jumps in their metrics

I heard Levi Wallace (udfa) was highly rated at corner at PFF. What a difference when he started playing. Another kudos to Beane.