• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What 3 guys?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you replace that were starters last year or in the rotation of position units?

Watching Meow and TP debate Donnie Avery made me think of this. Some get that some guys are worthy or not. Some need or can be replaced and let go. While some strike me as a Rooney guy wanting to be faithful to some players to a fault. Then you get a Steeler old ass defense.
Really obvious that all would say Dom Ravioli. So I will exclude him from this topic.

My 3 are Bush, Tulloch and Sims.
The first two for both cap reasons and IMO there no huge dropoff in their absence.
Sims I know is gone anyway, but not sure I would keep him for vet min as a backup. He needs to see the pasture.

Honorable mentions had they really been starters... Ross and Palmer. Do not like neither. They are both stuck at their present spot in depth chart with no chance to start.

Disclaimer; TP notice I said some...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My other reason for this is that I am a competition breeds success kinda guy. So IMO a guy like Palmer who can play all 3 spots may have value. A new young kid that has same potential will push Levy, Whitehead, and Van Noy for their spots when Palmer will not.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LG Sims right off the bat as in NOT bringing him back regardless. I believe they go after a proven vet for LG in FA.

Bush would have to wait until after the draft for me. As in I would like them to draft a RB but maybe they can't due to where they draft (slots 23,22,24,23,22,24,23 in each round). If they draft a RB then cut Bush.

Tully is more cap casualty than anything. I still think he brings a lot to the table vs run and his leadership. Now, If Suh isn't re-signed and the brass feels that their current personnel is better suited for a 3-4 DEF, then I'd keep Tully. Maybe they miss on Suh, re-sign Fairley and also bring in someone like Knighton or Rubin or Taylor by default.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross can be replaced by either Riddick or TJ Jones, IMO, whether it's slot or return duties. NO Ross
Palmer can be replaced by bringing back Bynes. Bynes is more MLB and maybe some OLB (he did at Auburn).
Travis Lewis... cut his sorry ass..period. Sanford should be able to replace him in ST and emergency duty at OLB.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sims, Dominic Raiola, and Bush.

I would keep Tulloch and draft a big body D-Lineman and run the 3-4 without Suh and save a boatload, as opposed to using the franchise tag.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) Rob Sims, LG

He was barely adequate these last two seasons. He closed last year a lot stronger than he started it, but I think it's still time to move on to a younger guy with some upside to him.

2.) Jeremy Ross, PR/KR & Slot WR

Ross took a big step back this season, and it looks like 2013 was his peak. Time to find a more explosive return man and a guy who can contribute a whole lot more in the passing attack. Those could be two separate players if need be.

3.) Cassius Vaughn, Nickel CB

Vaughn settled into the nickel role pretty well, but he got torched when he was forced to move outside in the Dallas playoff game. We can do better, imo.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) Rob Sims, LG

He was barely adequate these last two seasons. He closed last year a lot stronger than he started it, but I think it's still time to move on to a younger guy with some upside to him
Amazing what a season will do on ones outlook of a player. I defended Dom last off season like you did with Sims. Why you can't always believe them stats and ranks from PFF. They are like a women in a bikini. They show some stuff, just not all the stuff.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U R going to the wrong beach, Gandy... it's thong's nowadays as attire for women sun bathing. You SEE everything. I can actually grade them without outside help.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is not still called a thong bikini? I am still over weight whether you say fat bastard or fluffy fucker.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing what a season will do on ones outlook of a player. I defended Dom last off season like you did with Sims. Why you can't always believe them stats and ranks from PFF. They are like a women in a bikini. They show some stuff, just not all the stuff.

There was logic on both our parts with those two debates. Dom made a change and put on a bunch of weight, and responded with by far his best pro season. It wasn't reasonable to think he'd plummet from the 2nd or 3rd best center in the league one year to one of the single worst the next, but that's pretty much exactly what happened. Luckily we were already planning ahead and drafted Swanson. Old guy reaches the end of his run, it's obvious he was done, so insert the new guy.

Sims I was watching closely this year because he had already suffered a pretty big drop-off in play last year. I was arguing that it could have just been an aberration in an otherwise good several years of play, and not the beginning of his decline, as Dr. Evil-er was arguing. Turns out he was right, and I wasn't at all. Sims dropped to the bottom 1/3 of the league at his position and definitely needs to be replaced.

The stats only tell part of the story, but that's why the PFF rankings get tossed around so much- they're a compilation of all the available statistics. They can't predict how a player will play next year, but they tell you exactly how a player played last year.