• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WERE 3-1

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW is all I got! Great win for the Ball club and Franchise

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's coverage was fairly predictable. They pretty much focused on the Eagles turnovers and called their performance a comedy of errors. When really, the only play that qualifies for that was Ronnie Brown's WTF play at the goal line. Although they impressed me by not showing the missed FG's by the Eagles while ignoring the 49ers missed/blocked FGs.

They even made it seem like Justin Smith's amazing effort to chase down Maclin and force the fumble was the Eagles screwing up, and not the 49ers making one hell of a play.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the media loves east coast teams its sickening. seriously even hearing local radio here they talk about the Patriots, Eagles, and Jets.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's coverage was fairly predictable. They pretty much focused on the Eagles turnovers and called their performance a comedy of errors. When really, the only play that qualifies for that was Ronnie Brown's WTF play at the goal line. Although they impressed me by not showing the missed FG's by the Eagles while ignoring the 49ers missed/blocked FGs.

They even made it seem like Justin Smith's amazing effort to chase down Maclin and force the fumble was the Eagles screwing up, and not the 49ers making one hell of a play.

Birds nailed it...basically everyone is focusing on the Eagles and not really mentioning us.....that being said, we have kind of earned the reputation with dismal play the last few years.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you surprise everyone come week 9 when your 8-1.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Birds nailed it...basically everyone is focusing on the Eagles and not really mentioning us.....that being said, we have kind of earned the reputation with dismal play the last few years.

Well, at least they showed the 49ers scoring plays this game. Although even then, they used them to take a chance to take a shot at the Eagles instead of talking about the 49ers just scoring a TD.

When they showed Gore's TD run, the guy asked, "What do you see here?" and the response from his broadcasting partner was, "Bad tackling".

I was like really?? Frank Gore didn't have anything to do with that TD?

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least they showed the 49ers scoring plays this game. Although even then, they used them to take a chance to take a shot at the Eagles instead of talking about the 49ers just scoring a TD.

When they showed Gore's TD run, the guy asked, "What do you see here?" and the response from his broadcasting partner was, "Bad tackling".

I was like really?? Frank Gore didn't have anything to do with that TD?

I hear you...I'm not going to let anything spoil this victory.....great win for the Niners. Screw them.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
BSPN sent a text alert of Vick's stat line. I don't watch them anymore because of their obvious favoritism in all sports but this might make me even rethink their text alerts.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
for me, don't mind how they show the highlights? cause going into the game, i knew they'd have to help us with mistakes in order for us to win. so thats apparently what happened, they made enough mistakes and we kept ours down.

so if ESPN presents it like that, i'm not surprisded.

main thing is......we keep our own mistakes down first. having only one turnover is good against a good team. i also see the penalties dropped down to 5 for 40 yards, good.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been able to keep up with a whole lot of news lately thanks to fiscal close at work, but boy was this a good celebratory present!! 4-0 sure would be nice, but if I was told at the start of the season that we would be 3-1 with two wins on the East Coast, I would take it and run!

I wasn't able to watch this game either but I'm looking forward to hopefully catching it on a NFL Network re-run sometime this week. Sounds like it was a tremendous showing from our team! Also, though this was sort of expected (or rather hoped) against the Eagles, its good to see us get our run game back on track. Hopefully this will jump start Gore since this will only help our passing game. Another positive is that we got through yet another game without giving up a 100-yard rusher!

Kudos to the team and the coaching staff. Seems like we have a pretty good foundation going. Just gotta keep building and the results (and respect from the perennial naysayers) will come.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We need a dominating win against a good team before we'll get some respect and hype and we just haven't had that this season yet.

But there should be some major props given as the team has been tough and scrappy on both sides of the ball and making plays when they need to. Last season we would've lost this Eagles game and Bengals game but both sides of the ball scrapped it out and won.

I just think it's kinda funny we were the third best team in the the worst division, Alex Smith is slightly above Jackson as the worst QB in the division, we're in the Luck sweepstakes, etc etc. Now we're clearly the best team in the division, Alex Smith is quietly the best QB in the division, and we're looking at the playoffs not the Luck sweepstakes.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking over our schedule this could end up being a 10 win season. o_O

If we sweep the division which is very possible that will give us 8 wins. This game against Tampa is winnable for 9. Cleveland, Washington, and New York should all be winnable as well. The only games I don't give us much of a chance in are the Baltimore and Pittsburgh game.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Looking over our schedule this could end up being a 10 win season. o_O

If we sweep the division which is very possible that will give us 8 wins. This game against Tampa is winnable for 9. Cleveland, Washington, and New York should all be winnable as well. The only games I don't give us much of a chance in are the Baltimore and Pittsburgh game.

The way Pittsburgh's offensive line is playing and the way our front 7 is playing right now Pittsburgh is a winnable game. The only concern I would have about Pittsburgh is Mike Wallace is the type of player that kills our defense.

Also this game is later in the year at home which favors us more than Pittsburgh due to their overall age and the fact we as a whole should get better and better over the course of the season as players are getting comfortable with the the scheme.

southbaysportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I 100% agree!! Now the challenge will be, can we say it consistantly?

How smart does Harbaugh look after keeping the team in Ohio?? Read somewhere Alex said it was a training camp type feel and that the team was able to bond. Keep in mind the shortened training camp this year. This could pay dividends.

krunchdoggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How smart does Harbaugh look after keeping the team in Ohio?? Read somewhere Alex said it was a training camp type feel and that the team was able to bond. Keep in mind the shortened training camp this year. This could pay dividends.

Well, they did stay at a Holiday INN.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Still a long season. But winning back to back games on the east coast really says something about this team.

well said.

obviously, i'm estatic being 3-1, no matter how we got it. but we're only 1/4 the season and a lot can happen in 12 games.

with much higher expectations, i can only imagine what this board will read like with our next loss. yes, unfortunately we will lose another game.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The way Pittsburgh's offensive line is playing and the way our front 7 is playing right now Pittsburgh is a winnable game. The only concern I would have about Pittsburgh is Mike Wallace is the type of player that kills our defense.

Also this game is later in the year at home which favors us more than Pittsburgh due to their overall age and the fact we as a whole should get better and better over the course of the season as players are getting comfortable with the the scheme.

Let's not forget. Before this win, majority of everyone thought their was no way we were beating the Eagles. Every games a possibility now.