• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Went To Friday Night's Game

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It feels like a big deal to me that I went, because I rarely see the raptors in person. And I noticed a few things:

1) This coaching staff gets way into the game. For some reason it doesnt translate on TV as nicely, but a lot of defensive possessions Swag Casey is angrily barking orders for the entire time, and he really leans into it.

I also noticed on one offensive possession, one short black assistant on the raps was yelling out a play, and everyone on the court had NO IDEA what to do. Whoever was the point guard had to keep looking at the assistant coach to see what to do, and Jamal Magloire was standing there doing nothing for quite a few seconds just staring at the assistant. When Casey says they've only focused on defence I really thinks he means it.

2) No raptors bigs ever want to inbound the fucking ball after a made basket. So many times jose was just waiting for a big to get back to inbound it, because none of them want to inbound the ball and have to jog a little faster up the court. Eventually jose just started inbounding it to Demar. Really pathetic.

Basically our team's bigs (and probably our guards too) are out of shape, and have no enthusiasm for offence. Our team doesn't run the ball at all, (we have to be dead last in fast break points) and they're really unorganized once they get going on offence. Bargnani has really been bailing us out, because hes the only one who can create his own offence

All in all, I think Swag Casey is a good coach, but he's going to have a really short shelf life I think. I imagine our defence will be improved for most of this season, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this team just tune him out by the end of the season or the beginning of next season.

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, our fans suck. I know our team's crappy, and its the Indiana Pacers on friday night, but man 90% of the crowd was little kids, and parent's of little kids who are only their for their kids.

We need more drunk middle aged men and college aged people going. People were far more excited at the chance of getting free t-shirts than anything that was happening on the court

dafan590

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Everyone knows the raps are tanking this year, therefore the players are not going to put in maximum effort......if we are gunning for a playoff spot next year, i'm sure BC will acquire some veterans with leadership through free agency.....as long as the veterans show up to play, the young gunz will follow.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
awe shit, i spent that entire game trying to spot douby with no sucess when fro would have been easier to spot.

i agree froman, the fans suck and the team is a bunch of out of shape lazy asses in a micky mouse atmosphere constructed by colangelo in order to get players to stay in canada. They will quit on casey, an uprising lead by ed davis when bargnani stealing all his minutes has run its course and the others will have no choice but to follow cause ed davis is the shit

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awe shit, i spent that entire game trying to spot douby with no sucess when fro would have been easier to spot.

i agree froman, the fans suck and the team is a bunch of out of shape lazy asses in a micky mouse atmosphere constructed by colangelo in order to get players to stay in canada. They will quit on casey, an uprising lead by ed davis when bargnani stealing all his minutes has run its course and the others will have no choice but to follow cause ed davis is the shit

i was in the upper bowl, probably harder to spot than douby.

i forgot douby was gonna be at that game! i wouldve brought my oprah glasses, and yelled out POON MACHINE a couple hundred more times.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, our fans suck. I know our team's crappy, and its the Indiana Pacers on friday night, but man 90% of the crowd was little kids, and parent's of little kids who are only their for their kids.

We need more drunk middle aged men and college aged people going. People were far more excited at the chance of getting free t-shirts than anything that was happening on the court

Man, that's so rad you got to see a game. It's too bad the fans were shitty though. I remember 3 years ago, I went to my first Raps game and lost my voice yelling the entire game. The crowd was electric and we won close against the Hawks...if I actually lived in tdot, I'd totally be a season ticket holder.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i was in the upper bowl, probably harder to spot than douby.

i forgot douby was gonna be at that game! i wouldve brought my oprah glasses, and yelled out POON MACHINE a couple hundred more times.

He said he was going to wear his Marco jersey and based on Winsbro's analysis, we've approximated that MDP looks like this in real life:

tumblr_ltbdfyJMKn1qi1uu6.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Everyone knows the raps are tanking this year, therefore the players are not going to put in maximum effort......if we are gunning for a playoff spot next year, i'm sure BC will acquire some veterans with leadership through free agency.....as long as the veterans show up to play, the young gunz will follow.

As surprised as I am to see Poon playing at an all-star level and Jose pissing dimes out of his ass so hard that not even peptol bismol can stop, Brozan and Davis have really struggled early. I really thought those two were going to be leading this team this year. It's definitely a tanking season and we will need to tank hard in order to get a good pick in a really deep draft. Add Jaundice in the mix and a lot of cap to play with, dafan is right. Colangelo is obviously waiting for next summer to start getting some serious pieces to help this team. Butthole, Big Cat, Anthony Carter are all loaner players, and Ariba's contract is up in the offseason and will likely be dumped as well. Expect to see a completely new bench next season.

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that's so rad you got to see a game. It's too bad the fans were shitty though. I remember 3 years ago, I went to my first Raps game and lost my voice yelling the entire game. The crowd was electric and we won close against the Hawks...if I actually lived in tdot, I'd totally be a season ticket holder.

I rarely get to go to games either, so I was pretty pumped. I lost my voice half way through the fourth quarter, and im pretty sure I lead some strong booing of the refs from my section.

I'm too cheap to buy tickets myself, so I gotta wait til other people buy them for me lol.

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As surprised as I am to see Poon playing at an all-star level and Jose pissing dimes out of his ass so hard that not even peptol bismol can stop, Brozan and Davis have really struggled early. I really thought those two were going to be leading this team this year. It's definitely a tanking season and we will need to tank hard in order to get a good pick in a really deep draft. Add Jaundice in the mix and a lot of cap to play with, dafan is right. Colangelo is obviously waiting for next summer to start getting some serious pieces to help this team. Butthole, Big Cat, Anthony Carter are all loaner players, and Ariba's contract is up in the offseason and will likely be dumped as well. Expect to see a completely new bench next season.

i wouldnt be surprised if swag casey has got the same philosophy. he probably thought b4 the season "our defence was crap. its gonna take probably two seasons before i get it much better. ill only focus on D this season and if our O goes to shit, well then, hello harrison barnes"

...or at least thats what i would be thinking

Marco Doubypops

Road Commentary Specalist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That game was so much fun. I played a drinking game with the guy beside me where we drink a beer for ever Jose hand-clap during play.

It was great. I may move to Toronto next year and I'm on the fence about getting season tickets or not. As much fun as it would be, commentaries are just as fun; so it's a tough choice.

Anyways, it was a fun game, especially when Granger got tossed Tim Duncan-style.

tim-joey.jpg

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rarely get to go to games either, so I was pretty pumped. I lost my voice half way through the fourth quarter, and im pretty sure I lead some strong booing of the refs from my section.

I'm too cheap to buy tickets myself, so I gotta wait til other people buy them for me lol.

I get tickets all the time. Maybe we should have some expirement and go to a game. We could post while there so we can keep everyone in touch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i wouldnt be surprised if swag casey has got the same philosophy. he probably thought b4 the season "our defence was crap. its gonna take probably two seasons before i get it much better. ill only focus on D this season and if our O goes to shit, well then, hello harrison barnes"

...or at least thats what i would be thinking

Hot damn. That's a good call too! Fuck, if he can get Postertag to actually show effort on defense, anything is possible. Our offense is shit for a few reasons:

1) DeMar and Burger are both struggling
2) We have a rashed butthole who is shooting 23% this season and obviously a fucking mole who helps other teams win.
3) We really don't have a pure #2 option on our team who can create his own shot on offense. I thought Brozan was that guy and now, I'm not so sure. I'm really hoping the next draft will address that. We need another cat with mad swag who is not afraid to carry a big load on offense. Jaundice is going to help on the defensive end, but from what I heard, he's not that kind of player either

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That game was so much fun. I played a drinking game with the guy beside me where we drink a beer for ever Jose hand-clap during play.

It was great. I may move to Toronto next year and I'm on the fence about getting season tickets or not. As much fun as it would be, commentaries are just as fun; so it's a tough choice.

Anyways, it was a fun game, especially when Granger got tossed Tim Duncan-style.

tim-joey.jpg

We gotta make a commentary drinking game this season. It'd be so much fun.