• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well, what now....

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we keep Hunter?

Does Hunter want to stay, or are the rumors true that he did this as a favor for the organization.

Who do we re-sign?

Who do we go after?

In a couple of days, i will make a thread listing our FAs, cap situation and status with a few players, but for now, what say you?

I was reading through japersrink and saw a link to a free agency thread that put Wideman on a list of targets for Toronto. Interestingly, Barret Jackman was also on that list. You all know how high on him that I am. I would love to see that swap.

Let Wideman go and make a ton elsewhere, and sign Jackman, a tough stay at home defensive defenseman.

Green is an RFA so we can kind of play the waiting game with him, like we did Varly.

I would like to see Carlson and Alzner extended for 5 years or so this offseason but we will see.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but +/- is such a skewed stat. Jackman (I believe) is part of their shut down pair and gets matched against the best offensive line in most situations. Our shutdown pair is Alzner and Carlson. Wideman does not face as much offense. What were Jackman's minutes like?

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He averaged 18:54, 6th most for the Blues on the blue line.
Wideman: 20:44
Schults: 15:34

Also keep in mind that his was in 9 games and Wideman was in 14.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think we trade the pick we received from Colorado in the Varly trade? I only ask because I've heard this draft class isn't that good.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year's draft class is really good on D and top heavy at F. But I think GMGM likes this draft class, so I'd doubt it unless he is moving up higher in the draft.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that I see in Jackman that I like is his physicality and nastiness. I feel like Wideman was worn down a bit from the forechecking that he took. He is listed at 6'0" but he doesn't look it. Jackman is also 6'0" but seems a lot thicker and better built.

At the same time, I don't want to get stuck in a situation like the Pens by paying too much for stay at home guys (Martin and Michalek). I am not sure what this means really, going forward but if we are going to go forward with this style, we need some more physicality and size on the blue line.