• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well; at least it was for charity...

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... Because it d@mn sure wasn't an example of good sportsmanship!

The annual NYPD vs FDNY charity hockey game was marred by a bench-clearing brawl in the second period, forcing a 25 minute delay as they sorted out & assessed the penalties. :L

www.firerescue1.com

LOVE the goalies in the video: Just skate out to center ice, exchange pleasantries & calmly watch the carnage. :D

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha, I love this sport.

I've got a couple cops on my beer league team. They are always the most aggressive guys on the ice.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha, I love this sport.

I've got a couple cops on my beer league team. They are always the most aggressive guys on the ice.

The best ways I've found to deal with an over aggressive guy in a beer league (cops are usually pretty bad) are as a warning wait for him to try to block a shot and make sure you get it around stomach level but no higher and not full power the goal is not to seriously injure anyone. If that doesn't work wait for then to race you for a puck preferably towards the boards and make sure you show up to play the puck but also use your body and momentum upon arrival, a fair majority of these "tough guys" haven't been playing the game long and have never played check. Never ever drop your gloves with one of these idiots in a beer league, not because they're nessecarily tough but there's no shame in it after all the whole point if the league is to have fun because everyone needs to work the next day. After the game let them know of they pull whatever dumb shit they were doing again you're just going to bury them, this either makes the freak out off the ice and get suspended or banned from the facility or they'll calm the fuck down. Now I should preface this with saying I used to play 4-5 night a week and sub for a ton of teams so being a clean player with a good rep at the rink will help and truthfully most of the teams who have guys like that travel because they get booted from rinks left and right.

That video is hilarious and I can't help but think the goalies are planning on where to go drink afterwards.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How heroic.