• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welker

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wes has been cleared to play. He is eager to sign. May 12th no compensation picks will be required. Im not sure what kind of money he will be looking for, but I wouldn't mind seeing him in the slot. He looked a little shell shocked last year, but I don't think it would be a big risk to see how it goes. He's a perfect route runner. Just a thought.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just like him cause he's short.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At a vet minimum contract with not a lot guaranteed and maybe a clause about getting concussed. Sure Vegas will have either a over/under for games for him or straight up who plays more between Bradford and Welker?

My only bright side of it, is Ross leaving town for sure then. Sorry, I might need to get permission before picking on Ross?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No!

Dude needs to be done. Can't catch, can't block, gets concussed when officials blow the whistle too hard.

I'd rather see Ross out there. Not kidding.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point it is not even a football thing for me anymore. Don't want to see the guy get hurt anymore. I don't care what the doctors say about him playing, I think it is a bad idea.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two seasons ago I would have said "absolutely" but after last season and 2013, I'm not as sure. His numbers and production weren't on pace with his regular 100 catch New England seasons even before the concussions.

At 34 with the concussion issues, I guess I'd say pass in favor of getting better looks at Fuller, Broyles, and Jones, all three of whom are young enough to still have long careers in front of them if the pan out.

He's definitely been a stud WR over his career, though. He's just under 10,000 yards, and probably about two modest seasons away from 1,000 receptions. Not too shabby...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two seasons ago I would have said "absolutely" but after last season and 2013, I'm not as sure. His numbers and production weren't on pace with his regular 100 catch New England seasons even before the concussions.

At 34 with the concussion issues, I guess I'd say pass in favor of getting better looks at Fuller, Broyles, and Jones, all three of whom are young enough to still have long careers in front of them if the pan out.

He's definitely been a stud WR over his career, though. He's just under 10,000 yards, and probably about two modest seasons away from 1,000 receptions. Not too shabby...
Only bring him in if he promises to have his wife shoot nude videos with Stafford and Tate's wives.....and gives them to Lions fans free.

anna_06.jpg

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No!

Dude needs to be done. Can't catch, can't block, gets concussed when officials blow the whistle too hard.

I'd rather see Ross out there. Not kidding.
Cant catch? He has 890 catches. Whhaaaat?

Reactions: BUD

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant catch? He has 890 catches. Whhaaaat?
Tim Brown has a ton of catches in his career too. But he knows it's over. I don't want him either.

Welker is not good at tackle football anymore. And should retire. He once was the best tiny, white receiver in the league. Very fine career for sure.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a great receiver for the Patriots. Concussions have really caused his game severe damage. I'd rather see him retire and do some broadcasting........I hate to think he kept looking until he found a few doctors to clear him medically.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Brown has a ton of catches in his career too. But he knows it's over. I don't want him either.

Welker is not good at tackle football anymore. And should retire. He once was the best tiny, white receiver in the league. Very fine career for sure.
Fair enough. I still think he has something left in the tank. I could be wrong. I think the question is, is he better than someone on our roster, and could he help us win? The answer is maybe. Looking at last years game log, I see him contributing in wins. He had 49 catches out of 64 targets. That would have put him 3rd on our team...Ross was the next closest. Bottom line, in my opinion, Welker in his twilight years with a headache problem and declining skills is better than out other 2 slot guys Ross and Broyles. Would you agree with that?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I still think he has something left in the tank. I could be wrong. I think the question is, is he better than someone on our roster, and could he help us win? The answer is maybe. Looking at last years game log, I see him contributing in wins. He had 49 catches out of 64 targets. That would have put him 3rd on our team...Ross was the next closest. Bottom line, in my opinion, Welker in his twilight years with a headache problem and declining skills is better than out other 2 slot guys Ross and Broyles. Would you agree with that?
I think he should be done.

That's not an endorsement of Ross. Just in Welker being done. As far as Broyles goes, I'm looking forward to seeing him in the preseason.

I'd prolly give Reggie Wayne a chance to move up the career charts if I had to sign an old guy.