• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome ILB Drew Sanders

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like this pick . Toss him the #77 jersey no one knew were meck was going to line up !!!

This guy's game is just like Mec!!!!
Good to see you, Crash!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like this pick . Toss him the #77 jersey no one knew were meck was going to line up !!!

This guy's game is just like Mec!!!!
I said to myself - Crash will love this pick Good to see you my old friend

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest thing with Drew Sanders to me isn't his ability to blitz, and fire through gaps as good as he does but it is the ability to cover the TE.... Something we continue to struggle with year in and year out.

He should help us there.. I think you get a lot of quality out of this pick. He WAS much better as an off the ball LB then an EDGE when he went from BAMA to Arkansas. I see a guy who can blitz, fire through gaps and a major win for us with the need of someone who can cover TE's... I like that Payton addressed this area of weakness. As much as I love Jewell and Singleton and Jewell can cover a bit but Sanders can really cover the TE.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest thing with Drew Sanders to me isn't his ability to blitz, and fire through gaps as good as he does but it is the ability to cover the TE.... Something we continue to struggle with year in and year out.

He should help us there.. I think you get a lot of quality out of this pick. He WAS much better as an off the ball LB then an EDGE when he went from BAMA to Arkansas. I see a guy who can blitz, fire through gaps and a major win for us with the need of someone who can cover TE's... I like that Payton addressed this area of weakness. As much as I love Jewell and Singleton and Jewell can cover a bit but Sanders can really cover the TE.
ILBs don't cover TEs except in cases of zone coverage calls since Fangio arrived. It might change some with the Drew Sanders arrival because he has the skill set to go one on one with good TEs. I can't wait to see him on the blitz though.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ILBs don't cover TEs except in cases of zone coverage calls since Fangio arrived. It might change some with the Drew Sanders arrival because he has the skill set to go one on one with good TEs. I can't wait to see him on the blitz though.

Yes and No... You will see ILB's in coverage on TE's depending on the scheme and matchup. 3-4 defense is going to ask their ILB to cover more then a 4-3 because to utilize their edge rushers.

We probably won't ask Alex Singleton to drop back and cover much but Jewell got two interception last year (was covering a TE once covering a RB) you arent' going to ask Jewell to cover a TE much but I guarantee we won't let Sanders coverage skills go to waste. He is too good at it. I think you will see Sanders covering the TE a lot this year and blitzing... Use him to his strengths.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and No... You will see ILB's in coverage on TE's depending on the scheme and matchup. 3-4 defense is going to ask their ILB to cover more then a 4-3 because to utilize their edge rushers.

We probably won't ask Alex Singleton to drop back and cover much but Jewell got two interception last year (was covering a TE once covering a RB) you arent' going to ask Jewell to cover a TE much but I guarantee we won't let Sanders coverage skills go to waste. He is too good at it. I think you will see Sanders covering the TE a lot this year and blitzing... Use him to his strengths.
I don't disagree with - I just said the same thing with fewer words. ;)

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was impressed with how great he is in space. Very slippery, sheds blocks better than a lot of pros from his limited time inside.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said to myself - Crash will love this pick Good to see you my old friend

Yep I love this draft pic the most and that really says something .I bet we use him all the time ...If I was the DC this gut would never leave the field . I would pull DT off the field to keep him on the field ...

I bet you would never guess who my 2n favorite player was that we picked that I so loved watching him play in College .. He is always where he should be totally the best player at sniffing out the play....Skinner fan I watched almost every game he has played ! I love his game!

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I love this draft pic the most and that really says something .I bet we use him all the time ...If I was the DC this gut would never leave the field . I would pull DT off the field to keep him on the field ...

I bet you would never guess who my 2n favorite player was that we picked that I so loved watching him play in College .. He is always where he should be totally the best player at sniffing out the play....Skinner fan I watched almost every game he has played ! I love his game!
Welcome back Crash nice having you post again

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JL Skinner

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be nice to have someone who teams fear going over the middle against.
They will fear him for what he does ! he sniffs out plays like no other . Where the ball goes so does he. A real knack for sniffing out plays. and yes running plays he loves to blow up behind the line of scrimmage

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be nice to have someone who teams fear going over the middle against.
The game has changed quite a bit since Cam Chancellor played. Thumper style safties can be a costly addition these days.

I like him more because he plays well around the ball, and has decent hands/speed/size.