• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome ILB Drew Sanders

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Numbers look like he’s a tackling machine. Hopefully a good one.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell Sean Payton has a lot of poll in the draft which is great when you combine Payton and Paton.

The first three picks have Sean Payton written all over them.

Speed WR who was productive in college. Solid tackling LB who can blitz and has speed, started his career on the edge and flourished when he changed to a true LB.. Hard nosed player who can get to the QB... an every down LB.... and an athletic CB with ball skills.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was screaming for DeMarvion Overshown here but when I saw Sanders name pop up I was good with it.... I was still on the Mims high so I think we could have drafted George Steiner here and I wouldn't have cried but a solid pick.... This is 100% a Sean Payton guy.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this pick. Seems like this is a big upgrade to the middle of the defense.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders needs to play a smidge more under control and he could be an all pro, but he is the type of guy who can help you defeat Mr. Maholmes and the Chefs. I love the thought of sending Sanders on a middle blitz after Maholmes - with 6'5" height - long arms and speed.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders needs to play a smidge more under control and he could be an all pro, but he is the type of guy who can help you defeat Mr. Maholmes and the Chefs. I love the thought of sending Sanders on a middle blitz after Maholmes - with 6'5" height - long arms and speed.

This was my first thought too. He is going to have to learn to play a bit more under control and once he does that at the NFL level he could be a star. He has freak like physical tools and he has a nose for the football. I love how he flys to the ball.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drew Sanders’ first nickname came in high school when teammates called him “Drago.”

“Every time he hit somebody, we’d always say, ‘If he dies, he dies,’” Shane Tolleson, one of his high school coaches, told TuscaloosaNews.com. “Drew would just give you a little smirk.”

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I heard was Drew fell in the draft because his team interviews did not go well. From the other stuff I read about him - bad interviews doesn't seem to fit him. I've seen a whole lot worse personality disorders than you can suggest for Drew in the NFL.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I heard was Drew fell in the draft because his team interviews did not go well. From the other stuff I read about him - bad interviews doesn't seem to fit him. I've seen a whole lot worse personality disorders than you can suggest for Drew in the NFL.

I feel like Sanders was one of those prospects you see a good 3-4 of every year where you see him jump all over the board from end of Round 1 to round 3.

Cam Smith and Dawand Jones were in that same category this year. Jones fell further then the other two but all 3 of these guys were all over the board this year. I think Sanders went about as late as we could have gotten him though. If the draft was a week later you could have seen him go in early to mid Round 2. He was just that sort of prospect this year. You have a few of those types every draft class.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am wondering if Bonitto changes to his college #11 and Sanders takes #42. Sorta hope not. I prefer a player to keep his jersey # once he has played a full season in it.

Mims should get #17 with Waitman gone it is open and I don't think any of our FA"s signings will go for it.

Wonder who will be the first player to ever wear #0 in Denver? I will roll the dice and bet on Tremon Smith. Second guess Marquez Callaway.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am wondering if Bonitto changes to his college #11 and Sanders takes #42. Sorta hope not. I prefer a player to keep his jersey # once he has played a full season in it.

Mims should get #17 with Waitman gone it is open and I don't think any of our FA"s signings will go for it.

Wonder who will be the first player to ever wear #0 in Denver? I will roll the dice and bet on Tremon Smith. Second guess Marquez Callaway.
Johnny Olszewski was the first Denver Bronco wear a '0" jersey in 1962.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JL Skinner wore the number zero at Boise State. NFL is allowing all position groups, except O line and D line to wear that number. Seems like he would be the front runner to grab it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JL Skinner wore the number zero at Boise State. NFL is allowing all position groups, except O line and D line to wear that number. Seems like he would be the front runner to grab it.

Well, rookies get last choice on numbers so the FA's and vets could steal it away from him. I am sure if it is available Skinner will take it but I am just guessing someone with more seniority will grab it before it is an option for him.

I shouldn't say "all rookies" get last dibs. Surtain got #2 and they asked Hinton to change for him. But usually only do that with high draft picks. I know when I knew Chiefs CB Jackie Bates he wore #22 and when then they drafted Dexter McCluster, they asked him if he would change so McCluster could have #22. Jackie said he felt like he had no choice in his situation being a second year undrafted player.

But I doubt we give a 6th rd pick dibs over our vets and new FA"s and I am going to guess someone will gobble it up before it is offered to him but you never know.

and yes anyone can wear #0 outside Oline and DL...

Tremon Smith is a DB, he could wear #0 which is why I had guessed it may be one of our new FA's Smith or Callaway. Both like to wear #1 and #1 is gone so figure they would be high probability to take #0.

Of course one of our vets could also want a number change and 0 be appealing to them. Skinner is probably low on the pole for getting #0 though.