• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weird News: Vernon Davis stock to be offered

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The math is win-win for VD. If he doesn't make $40 mil he wins. If he makes more than that he still wins by having a very nice income and he doesn't "pay" unless he makes upwards of $40 mil. I'd take that risk all day every day from his standpoint. I, as an investor, wouldn't bet on him making another $40 mil though.

Uh, not really. If, in the long run, Davis has given this firm more money than the initiate amount (4mil), it's a losing situation for him. It all depends on how and what he does with it.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This is kind of like an insurance policy. It's not a bad idea for a guy who has a clue when it comes to money. If he's like most players he's screwed when he retires either way because he'd be an idiot, so it wouldn't matter if he did this or not.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Can I go in a time machine and buy some Vernon Davis stock when Mike Singletary ranted him out and sent him to the locker room? That would have been a good buy low opportunity. :-)

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot help but notice this comment. Do you think Vernon is just another dumb jock that spends his money on a lavish lifestyle? If he were to become broke it would be caused by his investments, not lack thereof.

Here are a few projects he has opened up in the past two years:

Gallery 85 | Santana Row
49ers Vernon Davis partners with Jamba Juice | Sports Business Digest
San Francisco 49ers ? Niner Insider Blog ? SFGate.com » Vernon Davis to launch interior design company
http://hear.ceoblognation.com/2013/10/24/nfl-player-vernon-davis-yiftee-partner-support-arts/

I agree with Clyde that he probably plans to take the $4 million to invest in other ventures. He has already done so with his earnings.

If he invested well, this is a far worse deal. 10% of any earnings from any stream for life.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be the 2nd player to do this. Foster was the first.

And both got injured right after their deals, coincidence? Just kidding, investors, the firm (right?), and VD want VD to stay healthy.