• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

weeks like this....

C

cubzzzfanincali

...are why I love football. My God, that was entertaining! Jay Cutler with a really good game, how about that. He didn't do anything brilliantly, but he did everything well, threw no picks, and I will take that any day of the week. Did anybody happen to notice the absolutely outrageous block thrown by Matt Slauson on the Langford screen/TD. I didn't think Slauson played very well yesterday, but he may have made the best block I have seen all season from anyone on that play. Amazing.

I will look it up if I have to, but does anyone remember the last time Green Bay played at home and yet lost in the same week as the rest of the North won their games? I don't know, but I am going to guess that it has been a REALLY long time.

What quarterback gets benched in a game that he breaks the all-time passing record??

Can someone remind me why Roethlisberger didn't start? I watched the afternoon set in the Steelers bar by my house and I'm telling you the place was electrified and man they were doing a lot of shots. I was sitting next to some Packer buddies, and they kept doing "rally shots." Didn't work out too well for them.

Congratulations, New Orleans, for managing to make Washington look like an offensive powerhouse.

Good thing I didn't have any money out there this week. What a crazy week, good stuff all around.

C

cubzzzfanincali

well, just looked it up, actually not all that long ago for a home Packer loss same week as the rest of the North won. Week 1, 2012. Surprising.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the best I have seen the Bears play in 3+ years. Sure gives a man hope for the future. Can't wait to play Den and GB now. Were peaking lol.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears are playing good football, and I'm excited to see them play this coming Sunday. But I still have some angst about the GB game... maybe because they have owned the Bears for so long. I just want the Bears to beat their collective ass.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know if Manning is playing Sunday or is he out?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning is now listed as OUT vs the Bears.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...Manning has a partial tear of the plantar fascia. Tag...Brock Osweiler is now ''it"...

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing I didn't have any money out there this week. What a crazy week, good stuff all around.

To say Vegas hates weeks like this, is an understatement.

C

cubzzzfanincali

he didn't look great yesterday but obviously it is hard to come in mid-game, not practiced with starters, and down a lot of points against a great pass rushing team. He actually has a pretty good arm, better than Manning at this point in Peyton's career. His main drawback is of course that he has no experience. You would think the Bears would attempt to confuse him in their defenses a lot more than they would try to with Peyton in there.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears have the easiest remaining schedule out of them, Minny and GB...IMO

I wish we played Green Bay this week. Thanksgiving can't get here soon enough.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started P. Manning on my fantasy team, last minute thinking being at home and breaking the record he would finally have a great game. Literally changed my mind and started him about 10 minutes before kickoff :L

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bears beat the Broncos, they will suddenly have a BIG game with playoff implications when they face the Packers. You never would have guessed that after the 0-3 start and Cutler looking at missing up to 4 games. You really have to give him a lot of credit for coming back so quickly from the torn hamstring and getting the Bears to the edge of the playoff race. Obviously it's a slim chance at 4-5 right now, but at least the games are meaningful.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Packers will lose again this week at Minnesota.

Sets up a very interesting Thanksgiving Day game.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, if the packers somehow lose against the Vikings, there is no way McCarthy is not going to take back play calling on Thanksgiving. He might take it back this week.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, if the packers somehow lose against the Vikings, there is no way McCarthy is not going to take back play calling on Thanksgiving. He might take it back this week.

I think the Vikings are a better team, regardless of who is calling the plays.

I wish we played the Pack this week. They are reeling right now. Rodgers looks awful!?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday is going to be a very interesting match up. No doubt, Brock Osweiler is a complete unknown as he enters his first game as a starter. Considering that John Fox and Adam Gase know more about Oz than just about anyone, makes it even more interesting.

I think this ends up being a classic defensive struggle. Brock is going to have his hands full on the road, without any experience to aid him in his first start. I'm confident that the Bears defense will be salivating at the thought of facing a QB with zero experience. However, Osweiler has been a Bronco for four years and has been getting many more reps in practice this year as the team rested Manning. He's big and strong and much more mobile that Peyton, so who knows. At this point, it's virtually impossible that he throws more picks than PFM has been averaging this year. :gaah:

Kubiak will be happy to move much closer to his preferred offense. QB under center, strong running game, QB bootlegs and a ton of play action. A tall order for a first time starter and a struggling offensive line.

It looks like Foxy and Gase have the Bears on a good path of improvement. This fan believes that Cutler looks much more comfortable than he has in years. This game is 100% unpredictable in my opinion. Denver's defense is the real deal but the offense is a complete crap shoot. Looking forward to see how my (Manning-less) team fares in this Sunday's trip to Soldier Field.

MH64

C

cubzzzfanincali

Yeah, I hope I am wrong, but while I thought we had a pretty good chance of beating the rams last week, and denver has struggled recently, I would actually bet money on the broncos winning this weekend. It is a much better defense, much better skill position guys that match up better against our secondary, and I don't think osweiler is worse than foles. This is weird to say, but Peyton being out is addition by subtraction.

Our main advantage is in having Gase. But great defense? Uh, no. We didn't stop the run last week, the rams stopped running because they got seriously behind because their defense blew numerous crucial tackles. I wouldn't count on the same from the denver secondary.

But hope I am wrong!