• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 7: Redskins @ Lions

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did we control the line of scrimmage ?

it was long being pushed back, stepping onto cousins foot, that caused the fumble ...

it wasnt just an accident ...

the lions forced the issue
For the most part, I think we did. We ran the ball well and KC had a clean pocket most of the day. Yes, occasionally the middle collapsed and trent gave up a couple of plays early.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part, I think we did. We ran the ball well and KC had a clean pocket most of the day. Yes, occasionally the middle collapsed and trent gave up a couple of plays early.

if you go back to the first posts of the this thread purdy sure you will find posts about Long, Lavaou & Williams failing from the first series ...

& I did not expect that from the Lions DL

i knew Stafford was going to be an issue ... the surprise was the pressure coming from the DL

not sure if i underestimated the lions DL or overestimated our OL

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense did not get the job done today. As we know penalties, fumbles hurt. We left a lot of points out there.

The D played a very good first half, not so much in the 2nd half and when they needed to protect the lead by keeping Detroit from scoring they allowed them to go 75 yards in 49 seconds. It is hard to be a good team if you can't prevent this.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great article. RK missed a huge sack. But in that situation don't you want to force the underneath throws? Why would we be taking those away?
Biggest thing I took from the article was you've got to give credit to Matt Stafford's brilliance on the last drive, he gets paid to play too.

Still makes me fume that he was able to slide thru our D like butter. But sometimes you don't get that last stop. And sometimes you don't deserve it when you've fumbled multiple times prior to that.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm not a big Stafford guy but he played great on that last drive. The good news is so did our QB on his last real drive with the game on the line

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did we control the line of scrimmage ?

it was long being pushed back, stepping onto cousins foot, that caused the fumble ...

it wasnt just an accident ...

the lions forced the issue

I was hoping you were wrong or at least overstating it some far as Long being pushed back into KC, but good grief. You were brutally and totally on point. So much so that whichever Det DL did it should get full credit for a forced fumble.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saying that Fuller played the play correctly on the last couple of plays is incorrect. You don't just occupy a zone you cover a man when he comes into your zone. The way you try to defeat the zone is to saturate it or cross two players through a particular spot in the zone forcing the DB to make a decision and then throwing to the guy the DB didn't cover. Fuller had one guy go through his zone and he as too far off.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps a tell from Moses on a pass play...

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps a tell from Moses on a pass play...

Now show a picture of a DE line up over him and not so wide. If he is doing the same thing it may be a tell. With the split that DE has he needs to be ready to move outside. We also didn't discuss down and distance. My guess is the distance must be a fair amount for the DE to be lining up so wide. Sometimes things aren't quite as apparent as they seem, especially if you do not fully analyze.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cooley Film Breakdown! Cooley & Kevin breakdown, analyze & grade the performances of the Redskins Defensive Players in their loss to the Lions. Plus, what happened on the Lions game winning drive? (Date Added: 10/26/16)

ESPN 980 Audio Vault - Play Now