• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 7 Cowboys at Eagles - 1pm/FOX

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd call by Chip but whatever - offense needs to get going in the 2nd half and get a lead so that the defense can blitz

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles looks horrible so far

But as I said previously it doesn't matter who is QB for the Eagles the success of the Eagles will depend on how well McCoy and the defense plays.

So far the Eagles D is holding up but the Dallas D is containing McCoy.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit. is andy reid back on the sidelines?! why would you not run the ball, or even pass on 4th and 1 to try to get closer? the chances of making a 60 yarder were what, 10% at best?

The guy is a straight up dumb ass.......That was stupid...

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
foles has definitely missed some throws.. but he's not getting much help either. the important thing is he's avoiding sacks for the most part and he's not making dangerous decisions. that's a big reason mcnabb was so successful for so long.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
foles has definitely missed some throws.. but he's not getting much help either. the important thing is he's avoiding sacks for the most part and he's not making dangerous decisions. that's a big reason mcnabb was so successful for so long.
Yep exactly - he's not perfect with his throws right now but they need to give him time and get him in a rhythm - Shady needs to start getting some good runs in and the offense in general needs to improve in the 2nd half

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow what an awful penalty leading to the TD

Offense needs to get their fucking shit together now

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. at some point you have to do something different. either start going for some deep balls to jackson, or bring in barkley for a series and call some read option.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's not getting help???? Are we watching the same game. Foles throws have been horrible. Missed receivers...over thrown under thrown....behind. WTF. And his protection is not that bad. Not great but not bad either

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we know who's starting next week at QB

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not getting help???? Are we watching the same game. Foles throws have been horrible. Missed receivers...over thrown under thrown....behind. WTF. And his protection is not that bad. Not great but not bad either

He's hurt, watch how he's throwing the ball, this is bad, I can not understand why they put him out there..

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's lawn mowing time. This sht is over.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is falling apart now - offense has been so fucking bad today it's unbelievable

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well today was a golden opportunity to take control of the NFC East but the Eagles O laid an egg today

Hurt or not Foles stunk up the joint today and if that was Vick in there instead of Foles having the same type of game the posts on here would be asking for his head and Kelly's head

Every QB is going to have a stinker game. Unfortunately for the Eagles today was Foles' turn.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but that's the massive difference between vick and foles. one is old and the other is very young and still learning. whatever issues foles was having today, and he certainly was brutal throwing, he didn't make any mistakes.. which kept the eagles in the game. it took 2 throws for barkley to basically toss a pick 6 that was called back. and as i type, another INT. both extremely, extremely, extremely bad.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but that's the massive difference between vick and foles. one is old and the other is very young and still learning. whatever issues foles was having today, and he certainly was brutal throwing, he didn't make any mistakes.. which kept the eagles in the game. it took 2 throws for barkley to basically toss a pick 6 that was called back. and as i type, another INT. both extremely, extremely, extremely bad.

Frankly that's BS
I don't care if the Eagles have an old QB or a young QB in there if they are winning. Heck Peyton Manning is 110 years old and I would love to see him as QB of the Eagles.

I like to think I'm objective so I'll criticize where criticism is due and give credit where credit is warranted. Vick has not played that bad this year and at times has been pretty darn good. But if you read some of the posts on here you would think Vick was Bubby Brister out there.

Foles had good success at the end of the Giants and last week. But when he stinks up the joint he deserves criticism like any other player should get.

No mistakes?
Any horrible pass that Foles missed to a wide open receiver was a mistake.
He threw into double coverage and while he didn't get intercepted those throws were mistakes. They should have never been thrown. He got lucky with that throw into the end zone with the replay overturning the int.
He held onto the ball too long at times.

All of these are mistakes and the same mistakes that Vick has been criticized for as he should have been. Yes Foles is young but please spare me the babe in the woods routine.

He stunk up the stadium today plain and simple. The Eagles had a chance to get the NFC East lead and Foles and the Eagles O came up small.

But the season is not over yet obviously and I believe Foles will bounce back from this game.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
peyton manning is an all time great. michael vick is a dog killing, prison sentenced, run first QB with limited intelligence. the mention of him being old is, he'll never get better. his best years (average at that) are behind him. his career only has a couple of seasons left. and there is a strong chance that time will at least be half spent injured.

i think most people know what vick is. he can run for 100 yards, pass for 300 and look unstoppable one game. but you know it will only take another game or two before he throws some garbage picks, starts fumbling or looks like complete shit. or just gets injured. that's why you can't, never could and never will go anywhere with him in the playoffs.. no matter what team.

foles played bad today, for whatever reason. "mistakes" are more along the lines of plays that kill your team (like barkley's 20 INT's in 2 minutes) or romo's poorly thrown interception. if that avant ball in the endzone didn't tip the ground, it wouldn't have been a foles mistake. bad throw? of course. but it wasn't a throw that was anywhere near a defender. these lack of mistakes are what had the eagles only trailing by 7 in the 4th.

obviously no one is saying foles didn't suck today. but yes, he's very young and has limited experience. you can easily see the difference between last year and this year. he's taking less sacks, he still hasn't thrown an INT and his overall throws are far less dangerous and on the safe side. you can't expect a 24 year old to shine every single game. however, you expect a 33 year old to play consistent and not make more mistakes than that same 24 year old.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
peyton manning is an all time great. michael vick is a dog killing, prison sentenced, run first QB with limited intelligence.

Wow.....that was dumb. Dog killing prison sentenced first run limit intelligence OB. Yeah not I'm convince that Philly fans are stupid.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine that Nick Foles is this bad of a QB - it was obvious he was hurt - and I can't necessarily blame him for playing, they only carried 2 QB's so unless he couldn't walk out there he was going to play - I think the Eagles have to carry 3 QB's from here on out

Defense was good today because at least the offense didn't turn the ball over - if Nick Foles was healthy they very well could have won this game - that's how good the defense was

Well at least the Giants are next week, so if they can get back to .500 they should be okay for the short term

Disappointing game never the less

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm so sick of people related to this trashy city thinking they know so much to call other people "dumb" or their opinions "stupid."

i've been watching this turd extensively, well before he began his career in the NFL. i've said many times in the past this guy is fucking loser and a zero. i've said many times i hope the eagles face him in the playoffs, because he'll look clueless.

big fucking surprise. the eagles beat them in the postseason 27-10 and 20-6. big fucking surprise. turnovers, defensive score, sacks and pitiful play. even bigger fucking surprise. the idiot is caught fighting and killing dogs, then gets sent to prison.

who is michael vick? what is michael vick known for? RUNNING. is it his championships? clutch postseason play? great completion percentage? great decision making? superior intelligence?

F.U.C.K.I.N.G LOSER AND A ZERO. just like his trashy brother, who doesn't even have the common sense to shut up after he's told to repeatedly. thug life, garbage QB, garbage human being. that's the truth.

it's bad enough he's tolerated in this league after what he did, with the "he paid his debt to society" bullshit.. but the way his game is defended is a fucking disgrace.