• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 7 Cowboys at Eagles - 1pm/FOX

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine that Nick Foles is this bad of a QB - it was obvious he was hurt - and I can't necessarily blame him for playing, they only carried 2 QB's so unless he couldn't walk out there he was going to play - I think the Eagles have to carry 3 QB's from here on out

Defense was good today because at least the offense didn't turn the ball over - if Nick Foles was healthy they very well could have won this game - that's how good the defense was

Well at least the Giants are next week, so if they can get back to .500 they should be okay for the short term

Disappointing game never the less

even if he wasn't hurt, it is what it is. it was a hard fought game between division rivals. no QB, especially a 24 year old, is going to dominate every game.. or even play decent every game. he's a very accurate QB. moving forward, this game is clearly a rare exception for whatever reason.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the first time this year, we can't blame the defense.
The QB controversy is over. As soon as he is healthy, Vick will be the starter for the rest of the year - and then we will draft one next year.
I guess Dallas will win the division - Darn it.

I thought that Chicago was good.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the first time this year, we can't blame the defense.
The QB controversy is over. As soon as he is healthy, Vick will be the starter for the rest of the year - and then we will draft one next year.
I guess Dallas will win the division - Darn it.

I thought that Chicago was good.
And if Michael Vick continues to turn the ball over like he has in the past, the controversy will continue because they will wonder why a guy who wasn't turning it over, isn't the starter - Michael Vick isn't going to be with this team in the future, just keep him on the bench and let Nick Foles ride it out

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine that Nick Foles is this bad of a QB - it was obvious he was hurt - and I can't necessarily blame him for playing, they only carried 2 QB's so unless he couldn't walk out there he was going to play -

There was multiple reports that the Eagles were holding back information as to Foles injury, so with that and they way the kid was playing common sense would be that he shouldn't have been out there, so any conspiracy thinking should hold off on saying Kolb isnt an NFL starter just yet.....

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Michael Vick continues to turn the ball over like he has in the past, the controversy will continue because they will wonder why a guy who wasn't turning it over, isn't the starter - Michael Vick isn't going to be with this team in the future, just keep him on the bench and let Nick Foles ride it out
This is basically a throw away year. If, somehow, they make the playoffs, that is gravy.
I am going to take great satisfaction from the improvement shown by the defense yesterday. If that continues, then they won't be giving up as many points anymore. The offense won't have to be so perfect anymore.
After this year, they let Vick walk and they draft a QB.
This year - I had Chicago down as a loss. Now I'm not sure anymore.

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'm so sick of people related to this trashy city thinking they know so much to call other people "dumb" or their opinions "stupid."

i've been watching this turd extensively, well before he began his career in the NFL. i've said many times in the past this guy is fucking loser and a zero. i've said many times i hope the eagles face him in the playoffs, because he'll look clueless.

big fucking surprise. the eagles beat them in the postseason 27-10 and 20-6. big fucking surprise. turnovers, defensive score, sacks and pitiful play. even bigger fucking surprise. the idiot is caught fighting and killing dogs, then gets sent to prison.

who is michael vick? what is michael vick known for? RUNNING. is it his championships? clutch postseason play? great completion percentage? great decision making? superior intelligence?

F.U.C.K.I.N.G LOSER AND A ZERO. just like his trashy brother, who doesn't even have the common sense to shut up after he's told to repeatedly. thug life, garbage QB, garbage human being. that's the truth.

it's bad enough he's tolerated in this league after what he did, with the "he paid his debt to society" bullshit.. but the way his game is defended is a fucking disgrace.

Right, because you seem completely objective when it comes to evaluating his game simply on its merits...

Vick will absolutely have bad games this year, but I don't think Foles' performance against the 0-6 Giants and 0-7 Bucs merits any kind of confidence. The Dallas defense is terrible, especially against the pass.

Say what you want about Vick only being known for his running... Without Vick's running ability to keep the run defense honest, McCoy got bottled up and Foles couldn't pass his way out of it. Put very simply, what Foles adds in passing ability (which is debatable to begin with) just doesn't come close to making up for what you give up in athleticism, even when Vick has lost as much speed as he has.

There won't be many games the Eagles defense can hold teams to less than 20 points this year. Especially offenses like the Cowboys'. This was a golden opportunity for this team, which got completely blown.

Foles is definitely young, and will hopefully improve, but for this year Vick has got to be the starter.

But if you are the type of fan that would rather just toss the year away and start planning for next year before the half-way point of the season (and a game away from the division lead), then I think the Sixers got some tickets for sale. Personally, I'd rather this team play its ass off every game,which means giving the other 51 players something to play for beyond nine more preseason games.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, because you seem completely objective when it comes to evaluating his game simply on its merits...

Vick will absolutely have bad games this year, but I don't think Foles' performance against the 0-6 Giants and 0-7 Bucs merits any kind of confidence. The Dallas defense is terrible, especially against the pass.

Say what you want about Vick only being known for his running... Without Vick's running ability to keep the run defense honest, McCoy got bottled up and Foles couldn't pass his way out of it. Put very simply, what Foles adds in passing ability (which is debatable to begin with) just doesn't come close to making up for what you give up in athleticism, even when Vick has lost as much speed as he has.

There won't be many games the Eagles defense can hold teams to less than 20 points this year. Especially offenses like the Cowboys'. This was a golden opportunity for this team, which got completely blown.

Foles is definitely young, and will hopefully improve, but for this year Vick has got to be the starter.

But if you are the type of fan that would rather just toss the year away and start planning for next year before the half-way point of the season (and a game away from the division lead), then I think the Sixers got some tickets for sale. Personally, I'd rather this team play its ass off every game,which means giving the other 51 players something to play for beyond nine more preseason games.

the fact that vick is a ghetto thug has no bearing on my QB commentary of him. it just adds fuel to the fire his garbage ass isn't needed. if you're going to at least bring a criminal on to your squad, make sure he's of top value.

using the giants and bucs records against them is a joke, and you should be embarrassed for doing so. tampa lost to the jets by a point, to the saints by two, the cards by 3 and the falcons by 8. the giants lost to the cowboys by 5 (despite 6 turnovers) the bears by 6 and were trailing the broncos by 1 late in the 3rd before giving up a TD. and tampa has a decent defense that foles shredded.

i'm the type of fan who has common sense. the eagles have no chance to win the superbowl with any QB this year. who cares about a possible playoff game you're just going to lose? i care about seeing what foles can do and if he's the QB moving forward for the future of this team.

it's people like you that influenece idiots like amaro into holding on to vets, desperately clinging on to the hope they can make the postseason and lose instead of prepping for a bigger run into the future. and while the phils are home after their trashy season.. teams like the red sox, who realized it was time to move on, are right back in the world series.

anyone who would be willing to watch vick for this year and possible one or two more, just for the chance to be the weakest team in the playoffs, isn't much of a fan. at least one with intelligence relating to the sport. plain and simple.

and yes, i would love to watch the sixers. it's great they now have the sense to make an attempt to load up on young, talented players and move forward. it sure as hell beats the boredom of grabbing the 6th-8th seed and hoping for the miracle of just making it to the next round. i will gladly watch them struggle for a year or two as i get to watch guys develop and possibly turn the team into a real contender, not a 'barely made it in' playoff reject.

.. and, on top of all that, there is no reason to believe foles cannot lead this eagles team just as good, if not better than vick. all the vick fans just sit back and wait for the second foles struggles to say "i told you so." because, for some whacked out reason, this totally shows how great vick is.. since he never struggles.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Foles had a bad game. He held the ball too long, and missed some open receivers with short and/or off center passes. I know that he played with a groin injury,but I fail to see how that would affect his passing game. That being said, how does that make Vick the better QB? I still think that Foles needs more playing time in order to improve. One poor game should not condemn him to the bench. Some are saying that we had no running game because of Foles style, but if he had completed some of those errant passes,the run game would have opened up. Foles should get another chance! IMO.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't aware that Foles played with a groin injury. That would be painful and distracting even when moving around slightly. That explains his poor accuracy. I would still keep Foles in there unless the injury has not healed by Sunday.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles also has a concussion. THAT is probably what will keep him out of the game against N.Y.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
romo said the wind was swirling and very bad. that would explain a lot, considering he looked like crap most of the game as well.

regardless, the sad thing is it doesn't even matter. i mentioned weeks ago vick is just a crash test dummy for kelly.. and foles is most likely the same. i believe he drafted barkley to be the team's future backup. then he'll get his starter one way or the other no later than the beginning of the 2015 season.

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the fact that vick is a ghetto thug has no bearing on my QB commentary of him. it just adds fuel to the fire his garbage ass isn't needed. if you're going to at least bring a criminal on to your squad, make sure he's of top value.

using the giants and bucs records against them is a joke, and you should be embarrassed for doing so. tampa lost to the jets by a point, to the saints by two, the cards by 3 and the falcons by 8. the giants lost to the cowboys by 5 (despite 6 turnovers) the bears by 6 and were trailing the broncos by 1 late in the 3rd before giving up a TD. and tampa has a decent defense that foles shredded.

i'm the type of fan who has common sense. the eagles have no chance to win the superbowl with any QB this year. who cares about a possible playoff game you're just going to lose? i care about seeing what foles can do and if he's the QB moving forward for the future of this team.

it's people like you that influenece idiots like amaro into holding on to vets, desperately clinging on to the hope they can make the postseason and lose instead of prepping for a bigger run into the future. and while the phils are home after their trashy season.. teams like the red sox, who realized it was time to move on, are right back in the world series.

anyone who would be willing to watch vick for this year and possible one or two more, just for the chance to be the weakest team in the playoffs, isn't much of a fan. at least one with intelligence relating to the sport. plain and simple.

and yes, i would love to watch the sixers. it's great they now have the sense to make an attempt to load up on young, talented players and move forward. it sure as hell beats the boredom of grabbing the 6th-8th seed and hoping for the miracle of just making it to the next round. i will gladly watch them struggle for a year or two as i get to watch guys develop and possibly turn the team into a real contender, not a 'barely made it in' playoff reject.

.. and, on top of all that, there is no reason to believe foles cannot lead this eagles team just as good, if not better than vick. all the vick fans just sit back and wait for the second foles struggles to say "i told you so." because, for some whacked out reason, this totally shows how great vick is.. since he never struggles.

Yes, obviously I'm going to hold those teams' record against them. Sugar coat it all you want, they're aweful, terrible teams. They can't win football games. I don't care if it's by fifty points or one point, they've lost every team they've played until the Giants got to play a bad team with a bad QB who also didn't know the system. I should be embarassed for pointing that out? Pretending like an 0-6 team is somehow good is pathetic and a dumb attempt to pump up your boy, Foles.

But it's really not surprising you don't care about the level of competition, since you'd have to admit Vick has played significantly better teams all year and the offense still looked significantly better than it did with Foles leading it against the worst pass defense in the league.

I honestly wish I had the kind of power to "influence" Philly teams to make decisions. The truth is they're professionals who apply sound reason and logic to decisions, some of which work out and some of which don't. It's not about any "I told you so's" when Foles falls flat. That's why he's the backup QB. He's simply not as good as Vick, no matter how many times you call me an idiot, a joke, an embarassment. My "I told you so's" came when Vick was named the starter after everyone here told me how much of an idiot I was to think it could possibly happen and how stupid Kelly would have to be to give Vick the job. Foles falling flat during a regular season game was all the Vick-haters' opportunity to see what anyone without a personal grudge against Vick saw before the season started: Foles just isn't that good and doesn't help this offense as much as Vick. The problem is your personal hatred for Vick has you making any and every kind of excuse you can for Foles to justify an opinion that's clearly wrong.

As a fan, I get that you don't care if the team loses in the first round or don't make the playoffs at all. It means nothing to you, should they make the playoffs, if they're just going to lose. To the players, it actually does make a difference. To the players, getting to the playoffs means they have a chance to play to make the Superbowl, and plenty of six seeds have actually won the Superbowl. You may have already written them off, but they haven't written themselves off. So you'll just have to excuse them from actually trying to win games instead of playing an extended preseason. These kinds of things happen when people are asked to put their physical well-being and their careers on the line every game. And I have a lot more respect for Kelly and the Eagles organization for letting them try.

Just as an aside, keep in mind that football is the only sport where contracts aren't guaranteed. Unlike every other sport, where you have to go through putrid years to shed contracts and rebuild, it can happen in football in a flash. There is literally no reason to PREFER to miss the playoffs unless you're going to tank bad enough to go for the number one pick. Kelly would never do something like that this year, when everyone is watching to see if his system has any credence in the NFL.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, obviously I'm going to hold those teams' record against them. Sugar coat it all you want, they're aweful, terrible teams. They can't win football games. I don't care if it's by fifty points or one point, they've lost every team they've played until the Giants got to play a bad team with a bad QB who also didn't know the system. I should be embarassed for pointing that out? Pretending like an 0-6 team is somehow good is pathetic and a dumb attempt to pump up your boy, Foles.

But it's really not surprising you don't care about the level of competition, since you'd have to admit Vick has played significantly better teams all year and the offense still looked significantly better than it did with Foles leading it against the worst pass defense in the league.

I honestly wish I had the kind of power to "influence" Philly teams to make decisions. The truth is they're professionals who apply sound reason and logic to decisions, some of which work out and some of which don't. It's not about any "I told you so's" when Foles falls flat. That's why he's the backup QB. He's simply not as good as Vick, no matter how many times you call me an idiot, a joke, an embarassment. My "I told you so's" came when Vick was named the starter after everyone here told me how much of an idiot I was to think it could possibly happen and how stupid Kelly would have to be to give Vick the job. Foles falling flat during a regular season game was all the Vick-haters' opportunity to see what anyone without a personal grudge against Vick saw before the season started: Foles just isn't that good and doesn't help this offense as much as Vick. The problem is your personal hatred for Vick has you making any and every kind of excuse you can for Foles to justify an opinion that's clearly wrong.

As a fan, I get that you don't care if the team loses in the first round or don't make the playoffs at all. It means nothing to you, should they make the playoffs, if they're just going to lose. To the players, it actually does make a difference. To the players, getting to the playoffs means they have a chance to play to make the Superbowl, and plenty of six seeds have actually won the Superbowl. You may have already written them off, but they haven't written themselves off. So you'll just have to excuse them from actually trying to win games instead of playing an extended preseason. These kinds of things happen when people are asked to put their physical well-being and their careers on the line every game. And I have a lot more respect for Kelly and the Eagles organization for letting them try.

Just as an aside, keep in mind that football is the only sport where contracts aren't guaranteed. Unlike every other sport, where you have to go through putrid years to shed contracts and rebuild, it can happen in football in a flash. There is literally no reason to PREFER to miss the playoffs unless you're going to tank bad enough to go for the number one pick. Kelly would never do something like that this year, when everyone is watching to see if his system has any credence in the NFL.

K. if you say so. lets just check the numbers from 2012 and 2013..

foles..

133.3 > tampa
114.9 > giants
98.6 > tampa
96.6 > dallas
89.2 > carolina
85.9 > washington
85.3 > dallas
-
62.7 > cincy
46.2 > dallas
40.5 > washington

vick..

123.4 > san diego
112.6 > washington
104.2 > pittsburgh
99.4 > giants
94.7 > baltimore
84.3 > atlanta
83.6 > denver
-
77.4 > detroit
72.4 > new orleans
69.0 > giants
68.4 > giants
64.8 > arizona
51.0 > cleveland
49.4 > chiefs

foles: 85.3, 12 TD, 5 INT, 5 fumbles, 25 sacks
vick: 82.4, 17 TD, 12 INT, 6 fumbles, 42 sacks

and it should be noted the bad games from foles came at the expense of two 10-6 teams and a 4-3 cowboys team that is the best in the division. vick? detroit was 4-12. zona was 5-11. new orleans 7-9. cleveland 5-11. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

and if you think the eagles are giving up at any point, especially with foles in there, then :L about covers it.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

like i was saying, i would love to watch the sixers. wish i had some tickets last night to see that unreal performance by michael carter-williams live. you can keep your iguodala's and holiday's to pick on the weak teams and then get bounced quickly in the playoffs. i want to see some young, exciting, fresh players. players who can build up to so much more one day (or, in this case, show something on day one.)