• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 7 broadcast maps

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who in AZ gets to make the decision who's shown? I have a feeling that person hates Denver. The entire southwest gets the Broncos except AZ. And when CBS has the double header and Denver is the only late game, they just black out the game. Whoever makes these decisions is obviously anti-Denver Broncos.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who in AZ gets to make the decision who's shown? I have a feeling that person hates Denver. The entire southwest gets the Broncos except AZ. And when CBS has the double header and Denver is the only late game, they just black out the game. Whoever makes these decisions is obviously anti-Denver Broncos.
If no game is televised, that's due to NFL blackout rules. Somebody explained the blackout rule to me in a thread a few weeks ago - something like when a team plays at home the other network can't televise two games - can't remember all the details.

When a game is televised, local stations are required to carry the "home" team if they're on. "Home" is defined as within a certain mileage of the city, possibly 75. Stations not bound by the "home team" rule can show any game the network offers. The stations in upstate NY (Syracuse, Binghamton) often have to choose between showing the Bills or the Jets. So it's the station manager at the local station who is making the decision. In most cases that boils down to doing what the corporation that owns the station tells him to do.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If no game is televised, that's due to NFL blackout rules. Somebody explained the blackout rule to me in a thread a few weeks ago - something like when a team plays at home the other network can't televise two games - can't remember all the details.

When a game is televised, local stations are required to carry the "home" team if they're on. "Home" is defined as within a certain mileage of the city, possibly 75. Stations not bound by the "home team" rule can show any game the network offers. The stations in upstate NY (Syracuse, Binghamton) often have to choose between showing the Bills or the Jets. So it's the station manager at the local station who is making the decision. In most cases that boils down to doing what the corporation that owns the station tells him to do.

Yeah, but neither Seattle nor the Giants are the home team in AZ. So why should I get that game instead of Denver? And the local CBS station blacks out the Denver game when its the only one on. It doesn't make sense.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why... but I do appreciate you posting this every week. Keep it up cause I find it interesting.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does CBS have 2 NFC games this week?