• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 6: what did we learn?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the most important stories told (or at least begun) in Week 6? Personally, I think that the Pats win over NO and SD's win over the Colts are the stories of the week. Makes me think (1) that the Pats are not a team to be overlooked in the AFC and (2) that the Colts might not be quite the team that their very impressive early season wins at SF and hosting Seattle might otherwise suggest. They do, of course, have a big opportunity to show that SD deserves a lot of credit for having beaten a very good Colts team, since they host the Denver Broncos and PMFM next week.

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the most important stories told (or at least begun) in Week 6? Personally, I think that the Pats win over NO and SD's win over the Colts are the stories of the week. Makes me think (1) that the Pats are not a team to be overlooked in the AFC and (2) that the Colts might not be quite the team that their very impressive early season wins at SF and hosting Seattle might otherwise suggest. They do, of course, have a big opportunity to show that SD deserves a lot of credit for having beaten a very good Colts team, since they host the Denver Broncos and PMFM next week.

Colts wins over 49ers and Seattle made me a believer.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we learned that parity is alive and well in the NFL, the fact that the worst team in the NFL could give the best team in the NFL a run for their money proves this and the other two game you motioned as well gives this added clout.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parity...Parity...Parity

I'm not quite sure how, but Denver will fall back to the rest of the good teams by the time postseason begins. They will still be the #1 seed, but they will not be viewed as unbeatable.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we learned that parity is alive and well in the NFL, the fact that the worst team in the NFL could give the best team in the NFL a run for their money proves this and the other two game you motioned as well gives this added clout.

According to many people's logic, I'm guessing Alabama would have been ahead of Denver at halftime :loco2:

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team can only win games if the team they play is in first place at the time they play them.

The Jax game next week worries me. What does that tell you?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts wins over 49ers and Seattle made me a believer.

Heading into the weekend I thought that the Colts wins at SF and versus Seattle were the two best wins by any team in the league this season. I now think that the Pats win over NO is right there with them. Denver has an opportunity to join that list, though less so than had Indy won last night.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parity...Parity...Parity

I'm not quite sure how, but Denver will fall back to the rest of the good teams by the time postseason begins. They will still be the #1 seed, but they will not be viewed as unbeatable.

Certainly possible. On what are you basing that?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team can only win games if the team they play is in first place at the time they play them.

The Jax game next week worries me. What does that tell you?

Nice win by SD last night. Very impressive defense, though I do think that the Colts dropped a couple of balls that might otherwise have turned around the outcome of the game.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win by SD last night. Very impressive defense, though I do think that the Colts dropped a couple of balls that might otherwise have turned around the outcome of the game.

Hey sometimes you need the other team to make some mistakes to win. Kind of like Romo throwing that pick against Denver.

But SD didn't make any mistakes, which is rare and nice to see.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You might be right about that. There is a lot of time left in the season for teams other than the teams who now look best to emerge as strong contenders.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey sometimes you need the other team to make some mistakes to win. Kind of like Romo throwing that pick against Denver.

But SD didn't make any mistakes, which is rare and nice to see.

Absolutely agree with that. Also reminds me of why I so hate hearing about how a player who plays a great game to give his team a chance to win "costs" his team the game when he makes a critical mistake down the stretch. The whole game matters, not just a dropped ball or an ill-timed INT.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we learned the patriots have an elite defense and the Dynasty is still alive and the bling rings will start rolling in again.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely agree with that. Also reminds me of why I so hate hearing about how a player who plays a great game to give his team a chance to win "costs" his team the game when he makes a critical mistake down the stretch. The whole game matters, not just a dropped ball or an ill-timed INT.

When you have a QB like a Manning, Rivers, Brees, Romo, Brady, and others... If the team plays mistake free and doesn't turn the ball over you're going to win 95% of the time. Belichick's teams have always been very disciplined and rarely make mistakes, which is whey they're always in the playoffs even with seemingly little talent. McCoy is trying to preach the same thing in SD. It came together last night, but let's see if it lasts.

They still did have that fuktard Mathews run OB at the end of the game, so it wasn't completely perfect.