• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 6 @ CIN

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win......
But I'll say this, I tried to watch this game with an open mind concerning the Steelers.
I quickly lost my shit as a spectator and called 60% of the plays Pittsburgh was running from the comfort of my home.
The play calls are not only predictable but lame as shit....it's only when plays get extended or blown up that Ben is forced to do something not predictable. I certainly don't understand Pittsburgh getting the ball with 8 minutes left and they threw on all but one play. And all the catches the receiver would run out of bounds....like WTF. So they give the Bengals the ball back with well over 3 minutes left in the game.....just fundamentally stupid. Thankfully it worked out for us....this time.

The D....
Not the greatest of showings, but they kept a high scoring offense under 25 points.
For these guys, that's impressive.
One thing that is just ignorant is our DBs.....they make ONE good play and start dancing, strutting, whatever Fuckin chicken walk they have designed.....why??? Two to three plays later every opponent they've played makes them look like a dog fuckin a porcupine....the hot dog shit is fine if your a shut down corner....But these guys are as great as a screen door on a submarine.

Anyway, we got away with one this time around.....
I guess it is better to be lucky than good, because this team is playing no where near its potential.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I have one more thing to add

WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE THE FUCKIN CHALLENGE FLAGS AWAY FROM TOMLIN!!!!!

He throws the fuckin flag for a play we are CLEARLY short on......
Yet has it up his vagina on a play that Connor clearly broke the plain of the goal line......

I can sum up Tomlin's intelligence in two words.....

FUCKIN RETARD......
and please forgive me for insulting the mentally disabled for comparing them to Tomlin the mother fuckin moron.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone see Tomlin's post game press conference?????

Just wondering if he confessed to not being able to execute as a fuckin coach......

20180917_212351.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorta what I figured.... The Bengals are about a play or two short against the Steelers and just can't get it done. Ben plays with amazing confidence in our building - Not the least bit of doubt on his face or his demeanor (rightfully so). Both teams left some points on the field, but otherwise it was a good game. Bengals just can't get it done against them.

Me as well...Tomlin's teams back against the wall they were going to play a decent game...Dalton was just okay, but got the score when he needed it most, just left too much time.

I understand the logic of bringing the massive heat, trying to knock them out of FP if possible...just backfired.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 6 Recap

HC...4 of 5...they needed the W, they got the W.

OFC...4 of 5, the end result is better than the sum of the plays if that makes sense...basically closing the game out makes it a 4...they should've been in the 30s in this game. OL played well, I look at the 19 carries and initially thought is was light, but looking at his targets, that was a good # of touches actually.

DEF...3 of 5...21 pts on the road vs that OFC is a pretty good end result, but not being able to get a stop or even force a FG late was very disappointing, they're fortunate to have a QB/OFC to bail them out.

ST...3 of 5, runbacks killed them, but kicking game pretty good.

Not perfect, but a DIV win is big, especially now with a chance to maybe sweep CIN if they can take care of home field in the finale. BAL with a win in PIT that lead looks even bigger than 1 game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Editing to note, actually HC should be a 3 of 5....forgot about the challenge decision....DUH!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 6 Recap

HC...4 of 5...they needed the W, they got the W.

OFC...4 of 5, the end result is better than the sum of the plays if that makes sense...basically closing the game out makes it a 4...they should've been in the 30s in this game. OL played well, I look at the 19 carries and initially thought is was light, but looking at his targets, that was a good # of touches actually.

DEF...3 of 5...21 pts on the road vs that OFC is a pretty good end result, but not being able to get a stop or even force a FG late was very disappointing, they're fortunate to have a QB/OFC to bail them out.

ST...3 of 5, runbacks killed them, but kicking game pretty good.

Not perfect, but a DIV win is big, especially now with a chance to maybe sweep CIN if they can take care of home field in the finale. BAL with a win in PIT that lead looks even bigger than 1 game.
Good writeup ATL. Short & sweet.

Coaching... I was very bothered by the first challenge by Tomlin. Is there a lack of communication from upstairs or is Tomlin just challenging plays based on what he WANTS to happen rather than basing it off probabile evidence like he should. The "no-challenge" on Conner's long run for a TD was all the more baffling. I get it, you have confidence in your O-line & RB to punch it in with 3 plays from the 0.5yd line and don't want to risk it, but seeing how close it was in comparison to Switzer's 1st down attempt made it a compounded mistake of sorts if you catch my drift. I would have been able to forgive the no-challenge had the first challenge not occured. Tomlin looked like a fool in that situation. I agree with @Psych-Ward in that I was bothered by the offensive playcalling. It wasn't until later in the game did it feel like Fichtner was calling plays based off of scheme adjustments. I was not a fan at all of Fichtner yesterday. I think I counted 5 or 6 TE screens that netted maybe 3-4yds total. It wasn't working but he just kept trying to force it down their throats. He needs to do better. Butler finally didn't crawl back into his shell late in the game which was a great thing to see. Even though Cincy was moving the ball he wasn't shying away from bringing pressure. That's what they need to keep doing no matter what. C+

Offense... O-line dominated this game. Aside from a few collapsed pockets, Ben stayed clean the entire game. I think Cincy registered their first official "hurry" late in the 3rd or early 4th. That's spectacular work against a much more formidable defensive front. Ben had lots of time but his receivers struggled to get open. Hats off to Cincy's secondary. They played lights out. Ben struggled to find rhythm with his receivers, and had to rely on his TE outlets to bail him out frequently. Thankfully Conner was finding so much daylight to keep the offense moving. Helluva game for him. Still left some points on the board with settling for FGs when they were 1st & goal in 2 separate occasions. They gotta finish those drives. But when it mattered most, I applaud the offense for getting it done. Game ball goes to this unit for that alone. B

Defense... The schemes were aggressive like they should be, but I struggle with seeing so many LBers covering WRs. Vince on AJ Green, Chickillo on Boyd's TD, etc. I know they all can't be avoided but damn is that an easy matchup to exploit. You have to wonder though if Watt hadn't been taken out a player early on that Boyd TD if the result would have been different. I think I'm officially done with Artie Burns. He showed almost zero competitiveness or willingness to contest a WR. That TD was pathetic. His confidence is gone and he is a complete liability. Time to move on with Sens & Sutton. Let Artie ride the pine until he finds his spine, if ever. Front 7 held up for the most part. Tough trench game for them. B-

ST... Abysmal coverage teams. I can forgive out-punting the coverage teams, but the first 36yd punt when they were pinned inside their own 20 was unforgivable. Glad to see Boz perfect on the day. C

Injuries... Avoided 3 scares on defense with Davis, then Watt, then Haden. I'm sure the practice reports will be lengthy but thankful for the bye week! Hell, maybe we'll finally see Burnett get on the field afterwards! Also keep in mind Adeniyi & Rogers are eligible to return. Keep an eye on those 2 names this week as we may see some movement. I think Justin Hunter is the first to exit.

Overall/Outlook... Huge win and a necessary one to keep their hopes alive in the AFCN. Still a long road ahead with 2 straight AFCN bouts after the bye. They made a statement today, but they are far from a polished product that gives us fans confidence. We continue to see improvements though so there's hope. They need to take advantage of this bye and not get relaxed. They haven't gotten completely out of the hole they dug themselves. The next 2 games against CLE & BAL would go a very long ways towards correcting that. B

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They made a statement today, but they are far from a polished product that gives us fans confidence. We continue to see improvements though so there's hope. They need to take advantage of this bye and not get relaxed. They haven't gotten completely out of the hole they dug themselves. The next 2 games against CLE & BAL would go a very long ways towards correcting that. B

Great write up per norm Face...but that in bold sums up your entire post nicely.

They're alive, but you're still very uncertain as to what can of team they are...imo they're backs are still very much against the wall and Week 8 vs CLE and they can't afford to get swept by BAL so winning at home and losing in BAL, is no Bueno.

They need both Ws and then I think we can seriously start looking at them as a legit playoff team.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great write up per norm Face...but that in bold sums up your entire post nicely.

They're alive, but you're still very uncertain as to what can of team they are...imo they're backs are still very much against the wall and Week 8 vs CLE and they can't afford to get swept by BAL so winning at home and losing in BAL, is no Bueno.

They need both Ws and then I think we can seriously start looking at them as a legit playoff team.
Another thing that I forgot to mention... #91 was found in the lost & found bin at Paul Brown stadium.

Glad he finally showed up.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing that I forgot to mention... #91 was found in the lost & found bin at Paul Brown stadium.

Glad he finally showed up.

I kinda think he's been part of the reason the DL has not been more dominant...hadn't been making any plays....agree good to see him make some plays. Hargrave has 3 sacks and a few TFLs, Heyward has a couple sacks...good to see Tuitt join the fun.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda think he's been part of the reason the DL has not been more dominant...hadn't been making any plays....agree good to see him make some plays. Hargrave has 3 sacks and a few TFLs, Heyward has a couple sacks...good to see Tuitt join the fun.
Yea he's been overall very underwhelming this year. Last year he pinned it on a bum shoulder, but now he's supposedly healthy. Hopefully he regains some confidence and starts to dominate.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win guys. Pretty clean game, nothing too ridiculous happened, and the refs let guys play for the most part.

Do you want your DB back? Kirkpatrick was like your 12th offensive player out there. Guy is terrible.

Good solid game amongst the AFC North. Marvin Lewis cost us this game. That whole 2 minute drill and playing hurry up inside your 15 with 2 timeouts and 1:30 on the clock was stupid as shit. Should have made you start calling timeouts by just going slower and staying in bounds once we got inside your 15. Your QB and our coach just plain beat us this game. Them Ohio boys are pretty dang good football players.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win guys. Pretty clean game, nothing too ridiculous happened, and the refs let guys play for the most part.

Do you want your DB back? Kirkpatrick was like your 12th offensive player out there. Guy is terrible.

Good solid game amongst the AFC North. Marvin Lewis cost us this game. That whole 2 minute drill and playing hurry up inside your 15 with 2 timeouts and 1:30 on the clock was stupid as shit. Should have made you start calling timeouts by just going slower and staying in bounds once we got inside your 15. Your QB and our coach just plain beat us this game. Them Ohio boys are pretty dang good football players.

For the most part they played it clean.

Bengals should be in the mix down the stretch...I wouldn't say Lewis cost you the game, but not forcing any TOs, made Ben's job a lot easier, could afford to use to whole field.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What I didn't understand was that final play. Lewis should have called timeout the instant half of the WRs & lineman pointed up to signal the all-out blitz to everyone. The defense showed their hand too early. When you put that much at stake on a single play the coach should already have both hands up ready to call timeout should something like that go wrong. As soon as Ben saw it he knew he had to get the ball out quick. He even pointed at AB to signal him, reset and hiked the ball. That was a lot of time for Lewis to contemplate calling a timeout.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I didn't understand was that final play. Lewis should have called timeout the instant half of the WRs & lineman pointed up to signal the all-out blitz to everyone. The defense showed their hand too early. When you put that much at stake on a single play the coach should already have both hands up ready to call timeout should something like that go wrong. As soon as Ben saw it he knew he had to get the ball out quick. He even pointed at AB to signal him, reset and hiked the ball. That was a lot of time for Lewis to contemplate calling a timeout.

I think the ball was on the 32 so 48-49 yd FGA is what Lewis is facing.

They did show it too soon, but even if they call TO and pull out, they're still facing the same circumstance...they still needed to create a negative play somehow or face losing to a FG.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They did show it too soon, but even if they call TO and pull out, they're still facing the same circumstance...they still needed to create a negative play somehow or face losing to a FG.

I was hoping Boswell would be left with a 40+ yard field goal. Given his history in general, and his history in Cincy specifically, he probably makes it. But he hasn't been automatic this season and this would have been a big pressure spot.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree on the need to create a negative play, but rolling the dice like that on a knowledgeable franchise QB (who has burned them in these situations how many times???) was a very stupid move. Call a timeout and run the same play if necessary. Anything is better than letting Ben audible at the line on a jailhouse blitz with m2m-coverage. Ben took one look at the press m2m and knew exactly what to do. But who knows... Maybe Ben & Fichtner were already expecting it and were keeping that play up their sleeves? Hard to say. Still think the Bungles were better off to call timeout in that situation and regroup.

Facing the FG gave them pretty good odds given Boz's instability this year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on the need to create a negative play, but rolling the dice like that on a knowledgeable franchise QB (who has burned them in these situations how many times???) was a very stupid move. Call a timeout and run the same play if necessary. Anything is better than letting Ben audible at the line on a jailhouse blitz with m2m-coverage. Ben took one look at the press m2m and knew exactly what to do. But who knows... Maybe Ben & Fichtner were already expecting it and were keeping that play up their sleeves? Hard to say. Still think the Bungles were better off to call timeout in that situation and regroup.

Facing the FG gave them pretty good odds given Boz's instability this year.

Boz...has just been waiting for a make up moment and Ben took it from him....lol

Yeah, they weren't expecting to give up 6 even if they didn't get to Ben. In hindsight I think you're right, it's not too often to have a DEF make a call...the OFC responds to that call at the LOS and the DEF recognizes that the OFC knows what's coming and calls TO to call it off or change the play call.