• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 4: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a rain-soaked day, the Broncos come away from Met Life Stadium with a 10-9 victory over the NY Jets. Broncos are now 2-2.

The Good:
  • Another win on the East Coast
  • Defense shows up big - 5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, zero touchdowns allowed, allowed 4 third down conversions out of 17 attempts
  • Defensive shout outs to Zach Allen, Surtain, Moss, McMillian, Cooper, Bonitto, Jones, Strnad
  • Vance Joseph!
  • Javonte Williams running and YAC
  • Courtland Sutton and Nix chemistry is growing
The Bad:
  • Will the tight end position on the Broncos ever have an impact on the game?
  • Too many short screen passes behind the line of scrimmage
  • Will Lutz's miss on the 50 yarder
  • Badie fumble
The Ugly:
  • Sean Payton's challenges. Prevented a warranted challenge when the Broncos needed one.
  • First half passing yards. Negative yardage at the half
  • Third down conversions. Gotta get better in this area.
  • Badie back injury

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a rain-soaked day, the Broncos come away from Met Life Stadium with a 10-9 victory over the NY Jets. Broncos are now 2-2.

The Good:
  • Another win on the East Coast
  • Defense shows up big - 5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, zero touchdowns allowed, allowed 4 third down conversions out of 17 attempts
  • Defensive shout outs to Zach Allen, Surtain, Moss, McMillian, Cooper, Bonitto, Jones, Strnad
  • Vance Joseph!
  • Javonte Williams running and YAC
  • Courtland Sutton and Nix chemistry is growing
The Bad:
  • Will the tight end position on the Broncos ever have an impact on the game?
  • Too many short screen passes behind the line of scrimmage
  • Will Lutz's miss on the 50 yarder
  • Badie fumble
The Ugly:
  • Sean Payton's challenges. Prevented a warranted challenge when the Broncos needed one.
  • First half passing yards. Negative yardage at the half
  • Third down conversions. Gotta get better in this area.
  • Badie back injury
You are very good at this.

Strnad is playing faster and better than I've seen in the past. Zach Allen is off to an all-pro start. Moss and Nix are like money in the bank that they will perform at higher and higher levels as they gain experience.

Prior to the game - I was looking at some Bo Nix tapes from the first three games - and one thing that really stood out on those vids - was Javonte Williams in pass pro - and doing it at an elite level. I was so glad to William break a few runs to the 2nd level and carry the Bronco's offense. This season could be Javonte's team more than Nix's team.

A mile - high salute also to Jordan Jackson and Malcom Roach - playing very stout run defense. For the first time in a very long time - we are seeing Bronco defensive fronts - winning the push at the LOS.

My heart really goes out to Badie - as he gets a good chance to show what he can do and almost immediately - goes down to injury.

It looks to me like Nix is still getting used to the speed of the game at this level. He is not synced to his own receivers with game day bump and run - and he alternates between being wary of the opponent pass defense - and then sometime - fool hearty about those same defenders.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nix was fine . Rodgers was no better ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some times Rain and Footballs just don't work .
You are very good at this.

Strnad is playing faster and better than I've seen in the past. Zach Allen is off to an all-pro start. Moss and Nix are like money in the bank that they will perform at higher and higher levels as they gain experience.

Prior to the game - I was looking at some Bo Nix tapes from the first three games - and one thing that really stood out on those vids - was Javonte Williams in pass pro - and doing it at an elite level. I was so glad to William break a few runs to the 2nd level and carry the Bronco's offense. This season could be Javonte's team more than Nix's team.

A mile - high salute also to Jordan Jackson and Malcom Roach - playing very stout run defense. For the first time in a very long time - we are seeing Bronco defensive fronts - winning the push at the LOS.

My heart really goes out to Badie - as he gets a good chance to show what he can do and almost immediately - goes down to injury.

It looks to me like Nix is still getting used to the speed of the game at this level. He is not synced to his own receivers with game day bump and run - and he alternates between being wary of the opponent pass defense - and then sometime - fool hearty about those same defenders.

DC did i believe tell me that about William pass pro , and I also noticed him dominating in pass pro the last 3 games .. Maybe it's worth it.. time will tell . at least this game he earned his check running . Not sure what happened to him the last 11 games before that .. hope it is out of him because that average was not good.