• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 4 Ravens

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two comments only, because losing to the Ravens is the football equivalent of getting diagnosed with bone cancer:

1) Haley must have borrowed the Seahawks' Super Bowl playbook (they should have run the ball)
2) Pack your sh!t, Scobee.

:lm:

I agree, King...with both points.

It's becoming obvious that Ben and the rest of the talented offensive players make Haley LOOK good most of the time...but he's not. The Steelers have a powerful offense not because of him, but in spite of him. His play-calling in the 4th quarter, and in OT, was ridiculous.

And I'm looking for a large enough cannon to shoot Scobee out of, though I'm betting that even in THAT situation, he'd miss the fucking target. :L

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, we've seen that look...on the go for it or not, it looks bad today, but I probably would try to get the 1st as well after watching 2 FGs missed that a pro kicker should make in decent weather 80% of the time.

Perhaps, but the LAST thing I would have tried was a pass, with Vick. With Ben, yes, but not with Vick. Better to have put both RBs in, lined up one in front of the other, and run for the needed yard. Either that or go ahead and kick it, in the hope that three consecutive misses would be unlikely.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin fired Bruce Arians and is stuck with Haley. So he gets what he paid for.

SteelerKing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm looking for a large enough cannon to shoot Scobee out of, though I'm betting that even in THAT situation, he'd miss the fucking target. :L

Well if you've never seen someone fired out of a circus cannon, missing the target may not be a bad thing in Scobee's case. :fify:

The Steelers need to give him the Great Clips treatment: a quick cut.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you've never seen someone fired out of a circus cannon, missing the target may not be a bad thing in Scobee's case. :fify:

The Steelers need to give him the Great Clips treatment: a quick cut.
who do we replace him with ? im all for giving him the axe but we still need a fg kicker

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who do we replace him with ? im all for giving him the axe but we still need a fg kicker

Forbath. He's GOTTA be a better option than Scobee

SteelerKing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ray Finkle
Charlie Brown
The one legged FG kicker from the Simpsons...

Any of those would be an upgrade.

Jokes aside, Tomlin's comment about why he went for it twice in OT are a pretty clear indication that Scobee is done: "I'd punt on 4th and goal from the 1 before I ever let Josh Scobee kick again." Stick a fork in #8.

It looks like we'll be giving looks to Kai Forbath, Randy Bullock, and Chris Boswell today: Steelers to work out three kickers Saturday after Scobee's struggles - CBSSports.com

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should of put the ball in Bell's hands more.... Hell even get D-Will in there more to change it up on the ravens and beat them down more. I don't think Haley planned well enough with Vick. Yes I did say that... I think Vick was under utilized and held back a lot. Someone with his capabilities could of done much better, especially with the weapons on that offense... I think Haley kicked the pooch on this, And this 4.25 a year million dollar kicker.... Isn't there a fuckin lemon law on that shit???

I thought the conservative game plan was okay actually, largely because I was expecting it, but as the game went along I thought he might open it up more...the most critical I can be on Haley in this one was the 4th and 1 call...I know he's thinking they are keying on Bell...then put Williams in there too in that spot...hell a wishbone look with Johnson in there too would have had BAL calling timeout....I'm only half kidding...going to AB is never a bad option really, but when it doesn't work you're open to 2nd guessing and I would have preferred to give that ball to Bell with a FB in front and take my chances that way.

The kicker is getting a lot of attention in this loss, but I'll tell you, the punter helped, and the interior of the DL got their butts kicked...yeah they (Heyward/Tuitt) made a few plays in the passing game, but 150+ is partially on them too. I'm very curious to see how Butler plays BAL next game assuming McCullers is healthy...4 or 3 man front....McLendon as a 3-4 NT does not work against them...I know one big run came on a blitz that took Timmons out of the hole in coverage, but still...

The kid got burnt for 6, but he stayed aggressive after that...coupled with his ball skills...Cockrell is going to get more and more snaps.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, but the LAST thing I would have tried was a pass, with Vick. With Ben, yes, but not with Vick. Better to have put both RBs in, lined up one in front of the other, and run for the needed yard. Either that or go ahead and kick it, in the hope that three consecutive misses would be unlikely.

That says it all...take the names away, (I wouldn't want Gronk or Landry throwing there either) you don't put your backup QB in that spot with a pro bowl RB on the field...old school football.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys... The pain of this game still lingers... Might take me a few days to recuperate and post my thoughts/recap

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys... The pain of this game still lingers... Might take me a few days to recuperate and post my thoughts/recap
I feel ya...You're like my brother in law (KC fan)...lol...I was steaming for a while, but I not at the end...I knew if it went into OT we'd lose somehow...I was most pissed when they botched chances to close it out.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel ya...You're like my brother in law (KC fan)...lol...I was steaming for a while, but I not at the end...I knew if it went into OT we'd lose somehow...I was most pissed when they botched chances to close it out.
Its worse for me because I was there... Everything from the game to the obnoxious Ravens fans sitting near my area had my blood boiling.

SteelerKing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its worse for me because I was there... Everything from the game to the obnoxious Ravens fans sitting near my area had my blood boiling.

Saying "obnoxious Ravens fans" is redundant. You can just say Ravens fans - obnoxious is implied. :thumb:

Your sentiments about the game are pretty widely shared all across Steeler Nation, Face. To snatch defeat from the jaws of victory on missed field goals and brain dead "why didn't they run it with Lynch" play calling against our arch rival when we need every W we can get while Ben is out was a real sucker punch to the berries for me. I'd typed up most of a "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly"-themed thread to carry on a tradition from another website I used to post on but didn't have it in me to finish it at the time. That loss was more deflating than a Patriots game ball.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was equally hard for NE fans to watch. If Ben was on the field........................

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I hate grinding out snowmen!...better to move on to SD.
Yup... I'm not very excited that the Steelers are traveling coast to coast for this game. They don't have a very good history of "showing up" for these kinds of games. I still have a sour taste in my mouth from losing in Oakland a few years back...