• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 4: Browns @ Redskins

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EIoYpOC.png

UwJNxdm.png

pAZ1pEM.png

EOv5GMq.png

FxiBPIH.png

4CKYpPj.png

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that A. D. Whitfield and Vince Promuto in that picture?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get out the Wayback Machine Mr. Peabody .... I nailed it. :dhd:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for making me feel less old on my birthday. :yes:

Glad to help. You saw ehb suggest I was 70. He was wrong but that was 1968 (I looked up that part) I was a little Redskin fan back then.

We had a Heisman trophy winner on that team too, Gary Beban. He was dean's favorite kind of player .... a bust. :lol:

Happy Birthday!! :party:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no info with the image, but a google image search says:

Happy B-Day !!!

oGtO9K9.gif

I fact checked the picture as far as the Redskins go and know that I got both right. 4209 is correct about Walter Johnson but according to the picture you posted it says 1968 and in that year No. 84 for Cleveland was Marvin Upshaw in his rookie year. Something stinks in Denmark. Bill Glass was No. 80

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is very significant for me because it'll be my first time seeing the Redskins in Washington, since I have been a fan for 26 years. I bought the tickets, back in April, hoping it would be some controversy with RGIII playing against his former team in their stadium, but unfortunately he is a crash dummy and won't be playing. Nevertheless, I'll have fun. Not to mention, I can hopefully see my team win two games in a row. We can't sleep on the Browns. They have been playing opponents tough, but have come up short. Not to mention, they are looking for their first win. We'll see.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for making me feel less old on my birthday. :yes:
You're birthday??? You still having those?? I gave up on them a few years back. HBD anyway!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am okay with winning by 1 through 7. A win is a win. :thumb:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
{Belated}Happy Birthday Shark, hope it was better than you'd hoped for!!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
{Belated}Happy Birthday Shark, hope it was better than you'd hoped for!!

Dude... IM 27 years past where I expected to end my time on this planet. So any day I can wake up... is a good day at this point. :thumb:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen brother, I tried hard not to make it this far. Not sure if I am lucky or sucked at trying hard. :suds:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wednesday presser

Gruden 1/2

September 28, 2016

Head Coach Jay Gruden

On the injury report:

“Did not participate- [Bashaud] Breeland, ankle; [Shawn] Lauvao, ankle; [Josh] Doctson, Achilles; [Dashaun] Phillips, hamstring; DeSean Jackson, knee and ankle. Limited were [Chris] Baker, elbow and toe; [Trent] Murphy, elbow [and] shoulder; [Kendall] Reyes, groin. Full was [Deshazor] Everett, knee; and [Ty] Nsekhe, foot.”

On the addition of C John Sullivan:

“We’re going to get him ready to play. We like that he’s played center for a long time and has been very successful, that’s number one [for] a true center. If need be, when he comes in there if something happens to Spencer [Long], he’ll be ready to go. He’s a very bright guy and I think he will help this football team in the long run.”

On G Arie Kouandjio starting at LG this week:

“We’re looking at Kouandjio at left guard. Obviously Trent [Williams] finished the game at left guard – that’s an option. We have a lot of different options. That’s the good thing about our line, they’re pretty flexible. I’d like to get Arie a taste of it, see how he does this week.”

On Sullivan catching up on the playbook:

“I think he’s a pro. He’s been in the league for a long time. He knows what football is all about, knows the detail that has to be accomplished at the center position. He’ll go through the process with Bill [Callahan] and get up to date, no problem. He’s meeting extra and he’ll be ready.”

On weighing options for offensive line positions:

“Yeah we’re looking at a lot of it. We have to prepare for all of it because you never know. You know, how we’re going to start the game yet is to be determined but it’s very tempting to move Trent [Williams] back inside and Ty [Nsekhe] at left tackle. It is a tempting deal. But Arie [Kouandjio]’s played a lot of snaps at guard. That’s what he’s played the whole training camp and OTAs and he’s ready to play guard, if need be, too. So, those are the options right there. And then [John] Sullivan’s a center and Spencer [Long]. You know, if Sullivan picks it up quick we move Spencer to guard if need be. A couple good options there. We’ll make that determination later.”

On the challenges to keep offensive line momentum with new additions:

“Well that’s the responsibility of each individual player. You know, we tell them all the time you got to be ready, you got to be ready to go when your number’s called and you never know when. Injuries [are] a part of the game and we just have to deal with it and we feel like Arie’s mentally ready to play, physically ready to play if his number’s called. Ty Nsekhe’s proven that he’s ready to play whenever his number’s called and we just got to get Sullivan up to speed.”

On G Spencer Long’s knowledge of protection calls:

“I think he’s in a good spot, I really do. I think not playing the first couple of games has helped him sit back and learn and take it all in. You know, he’s shown out here today and yesterday and really the last couple of weeks that he’s ready to go from a mental standpoint. Just playing center full-time for the first time in a game we were a little concerned, but he finished the game and did extremely well for us at the Giants. So we don’t have any concern there as far as him picking it up or making the calls.”

On where red zone efficiency is on his list of concerns:

“Oh it’s very high, very high. There’s a positive that we’re getting down there. We have some great drives. I think we’re tops in the league in drives without three-and-outs. You know, we’re doing very good on first down, second down, we’re doing good moving the ball down the field. Third down efficiency in the regular field is very good. When we get down in the red zone, our third down efficiency is terrible and that’s something we have to really look at. You know, first, second down is one thing; but we have to make sure that we keep the drives going or get the ball in the end zone on third down. It’s a concern, we have to address it.”

On what he looks at to improve the red zone efficiency:

“Oh yeah, a little bit of everything. Different play calling, you know, if it’s work with a quarterback, maybe implementing more runs down there, whatever it is. But, I think each week poses a different game plan type of way you want to attack the defense. We haven’t been very good the first three weeks, but we feel good about moving forward that we’ll do better against the teams coming up on our schedule, hopefully. We have to.”

On the personnel options in the secondary:

“Yeah, we got options. [Greg] Toler has done a good job and [Quinton] Dunbar filled in and made an interception, did a nice job. [Kendall] Fuller is ready to go. So, we have a lot of good options out there. Not overly concerned about the defensive backfield and Will Blackmon proved that he can play nickel still. He has played safety, he can play safety, so those guys are gonna step up and play.”

On the status of WR Josh Doctson after his last minute inactive this past Sunday:

“We don’t know. It was actually last minute. It was 11:30 a.m. and he just got it in so Tony Wyllie did an outstanding job with his eraser, put [Rashad] Ross on the thing and took Doctson off. He just didn’t feel comfortable, couldn’t push off the way he wanted to so we had to make that last minute switch. We don’t know. We are trying different treatments for him to try and get him back in action as soon as possible but take it easy this week, next couple days, see if he can do anything Friday and see where he is at. But, it is kind of a wait and see type thing.”

On the level of concern with WR Josh Doctson’s injury:

“Very, very. I am concerned. We’ve had all of the tests and there is really nothing there that we should be concerned about from a long term problem, it’s just he is dealing with some pain. We don’t know why it is but we have to try and figure out what it is and get it fixed.”