• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3, 2015: Steelers @ Rams

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just tired of lackluster efforts from this team. Fisher has to go....We do have talent, they're just not being used properly.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams had to use the silent count in the red zone...at home, at home... Ok

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crowd can help this team out, but a half empty one can't.
I don't think it's helped attendance any since they haven't been good in over a decade and that the writing is on the wall that they'll like be heading back towards Los Angeles after the season's over. Both of those things lead to apathy and right now I can't really say I blame them for staying away.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crowd can help this team out, but a half empty one can't.

I just heard Lance Kendrick's in a post game interview and he talked about how they got 2 false start penalties in the 4th qtr. due to Steeler fans making noise. Pretty sad.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game at all. Looks like I didn't miss a lot. The one thing that does kind of bother me is the Steelers had the 31st ranked defense coming into this game. I know that is based off of 2 games and 1 was the Patriots, but the other was the 49ers.

Arizona next week? :L I sure hope Foles stays upright in this one. And Todd Gurley is just now having his pre-season so it's hard to expect a lot out of him. But like I said, I have no idea how the Oline played or how Foles looked. The defense seemed to have played pretty good, because the Steelers had the #1 ranked offense coming into this game as well.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game at all. Looks like I didn't miss a lot. The one thing that does kind of bother me is the Steelers had the 31st ranked defense coming into this game. I know that is based off of 2 games and 1 was the Patriots, but the other was the 49ers.

Arizona next week? :L I sure hope Foles stays upright in this one. And Todd Gurley is just now having his pre-season so it's hard to expect a lot out of him. But like I said, I have no idea how the Oline played or how Foles looked. The defense seemed to have played pretty good, because the Steelers had the #1 ranked offense coming into this game as well.

Its probably a good thing that you didn't watch the game because it would have only pissed you off. We could have won that game but our offense choked when we needed them most several times. We did move the ball down the field but once we got close to the red zone we either shot ourselves in the foot(false start) or the Steelers just plain shut us down. Lance Kendricks dropped an easy possible td pass that would have put us at least 1st and goal on the 4(go ahead td). But no, we ended punting it away with no points! Jared Cook was also dropping passes and got called for a stupid false start negating a crucial 1st down pass that would have put us in the red zone. THese guys are killing us. There I'm done now!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget the 1st down Foles pass that looked like a punt for an interception in the 4th quarter. A steady drive there and a tying field goal or game winning TD is possible. That was the play call that killed it, Foles shouldn't have thrown it but there are better angles to take to get at least the tie.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick better be active the next game. There's no reason for him to be behind Givens after what he showed last year. We need another playmaker on the outside.

It's not about performance; it's about injury recovery apparently. They do seem to be taking it very slow with him again though...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the fuck can they overrule the call? There's no clear evidence.

I only got to see what little of the game was on the RedZone channel (basically the Steelers TD drive), Foles air-mailed INT and that Britt "catch/drop". I didn't see any angle that showed that ball hit the turf?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard Lance Kendrick's in a post game interview and he talked about how they got 2 false start penalties in the 4th qtr. due to Steeler fans making noise. Pretty sad.
Did he talk about how he botched two catches that he should've made but didn't?

Pretty much what it was was that the defense got torched (like the field was) the first couple drives and stopped them in the red zone and let up a field goal the first drive and a touchdown the next drive, along with stopping the 2 point conversion. After that, the defense held their own, only allowing a field goal the rest of the way. The offense only had one solid drive, which was ruined mainly by penalties, in which we had to settle for a field goal.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he talk about how he botched two catches that he should've made but didn't?

Pretty much what it was was that the defense got torched (like the field was) the first couple drives and stopped them in the red zone and let up a field goal the first drive and a touchdown the next drive, along with stopping the 2 point conversion. After that, the defense held their own, only allowing a field goal the rest of the way. The offense only had one solid drive, which was ruined mainly by penalties, in which we had to settle for a field goal.

yah, he did talk about the dropped pass near the end zone. He said that he lost it in the lights and it ended up hitting him in the chest! check out the 1st part of my video in above post. This is where he talks about it.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the last few years in LA, the Rams saw very poor attendance. That is common when a team doesn't win for nearly a decade. And the threat of the Rams moving with no word from the the ownership on staying in St. Louis will also hurt attendance even more. Not that I care one bit because its not like LA will be getting a winning team. Where ever the Rams play in 2016, they are still in rebuilding mode.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah, he did talk about the dropped pass near the end zone. He said that he lost it in the lights and it ended up hitting him in the chest! check out the 1st part of my video in above post. This is where he talks about it.

Having been to the dome quite a bit, that's a pathetic excuse. The lights there are not that bright at all. He should've just owned up to it and said "Yeah, I definitely should've caught those passes and there's no excuse for not catching them."

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams now last in offense after dismal performance

T. LOUIS (AP) — The St. Louis Rams paid more attention to the offense in the offseason, changing quarterbacks, going young on the offensive line and drafting running back Todd Gurley.

Now, if they can just get some production.

Coach Jeff Fisher accentuated the positive Monday a day after the Rams lost 12-6 to the Steelers.

"We are a few plays away from being 3-0," Fisher said. "You have to approach it that way."

The pessimistic viewpoint is the Rams (1-2) are a handful of plays away from being 0-3. Fisher added he has "complete confidence" in his team, which is the youngest in the NFL but has plenty of experience, too.

The defense reached the top 10 this week, checking in at No. 9 after getting five sacks on Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers backup Michael Vick. Middle linebacker James Laurinaitis became the franchise's leading career tackler, passing Merlin Olsen.

"I think we did a great job," end Robert Quinn said.

The bottom line on offense is dismal.

They're last in total offense, 29th in rushing and 28th in passing. They've struggled on third down the past two games, going 4 for 22, the biggest reason they've had 16 points in that span after an impressive debut overtime victory over Seattle.

And they've got to find some answers despite a rough schedule stretch. They're on the road the next two weeks at Arizona and Green Bay.

"Sometimes there's growing pains," Foles said. "We can't get down on it."

Fisher won't blame rookie linemen Rob Havenstein and Jamon Brown for failures in the running game and in pass protection and said tackle Greg Robinson, the No. 2 overall pick last year, had one of his better games, and center Tim Barnes also earned praise.

"It's hard to say a player plays well on offense when you score six points, but when you look at the individual efforts I thought Timmy got his job done," Fisher said.

The coach praised quarterback Nick Foles, saying he "made a lot of great throws," and absolved Foles of much blame on the interception by Will Allen late that led to the Steelers' last field goal.

Fisher said there was a wide receiver who failed to carry out a route that might have drawn Allen elsewhere.

"Oftentimes when there are balls that are intercepted there's more involved than just the throw," Fisher said. "There's routes that need to be run correctly and pushed down the field. So go look (at the video)."

Gurley had 14 snaps in his pro debut and Fisher said the workload will increase this week at Arizona. Finally, the question of whether Gurley will play is off the table.

"I felt like I still have the explosiveness," Gurley said. "Definitely didn't get to show it today."

Looming large were three dropped passes, including a potential long touchdown catch by Lance Kendricks that the tight end said he lost in the lights, and ill-timed penalties.

Two false starts pushed the Rams back from the Steelers 7 and they settled for a chip shot field goal in the fourth quarter that cut the deficit to 9-6.

Kenny Britt was by far the most productive player with seven catches for 102 yards, and almost pulled off a leaping one-handed catch for a first down that would have kept the Rams' final drive alive.

Officials ruled Britt did not have control and Fisher remained unconvinced that there was "indisputable visual evidence" to overturn a call ruled a catch on the field.

Fisher said referee John Hussey told him, "'Hey, we got it, we put it together and this play's correct,'" Fisher said. "So, you go on."

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After losing to Washington last week, I didn't go into this game with high hopes. I pictured Big Ben with 3 TDs and Antonio Brown with 200 yards receiving. Big Ben goes down and we are still down by one possession. I hate to see players go down on any team, but I really thought when Ben went down we had a chance. Of course I was wrong, because this offense cannot produce a touchdown to save their lives.

This team worked all off-season to play hard for one game. The next two games will be hard to watch. Arizona looks scary and Green Bay is too much. Maybe we should ask all opposing teams if they can wear Seattle jerseys; that's the only time this team wants to be competitive.