• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 2 Preseason Thread

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Conley looked pretty darned good last night as the #2. I think he has pretty much won the job at this point. Not happy about the defense with the expectations it has, but it's kind of tough to get worked up knowing Berry, Hali, Mauga, Houston, and Gaines are out; and Nelson probably gets moved into the slot if anything as well.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense sucks pretty bad. I think they are a classic case of a 7-9 team. Maybe 8-8,maybe..

I'm looking forward to the Raiders-Saints game. @bksballer89 and I'll be doing a betting exchange bet if he's up for it. I think that's very much a winnable game for us.

DEF sucks...true, but idt they are as bad as the stats...they were terrible against run imo because they never had a legit NT and 3-4 DEs too many guys playing out of position ...I think returning to the 4-3 they will be better against the run...against the pass...they have a top shelf DE in Jordan...losing the kid Kikah will hurt but they just need to find balance on the other edge...Browner was maybe the worst FA signing of the year...we'll have to see if they got any better on the backend but I see they released Keenan Lewis so they obviously think they have better players.

8-8 is what I might wager on, but we're only talking about 1 game to reach 9...certainly possible.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be nice to see what the Pack looks like playing the1's as it has not happened yet. The 2's and 3's have looked respectable but am guessing the 1's will finally get some action out at the 49er's next week.

The defense looks improved but have not seen some of the 1's there either with no Peppers or Matthews yet It is only preseason but so far they have the #1 defense ranked 2cnd in passing D which was ranked 6th last year with a few rookies that have more experience now and are 3rd in rush defense which was an issue last year. Hopefully it is meaning the younger ones drafted a few years back are ready to play.

It will be interesting as the Packers are now on a 4 game road trip with the last 2 preseason games and the first 2 regular season games on the road.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEF sucks...true, but idt they are as bad as the stats...they were terrible against run imo because they never had a legit NT and 3-4 DEs too many guys playing out of position ...I think returning to the 4-3 they will be better against the run...against the pass...they have a top shelf DE in Jordan...losing the kid Kikah will hurt but they just need to find balance on the other edge...Browner was maybe the worst FA signing of the year...we'll have to see if they got any better on the backend but I see they released Keenan Lewis so they obviously think they have better players.

8-8 is what I might wager on, but we're only talking about 1 game to reach 9...certainly possible.

I was thinking closer to 7-9 but they could also slip down to 6-10 imo, 8-8 was a best scenario. Brees' TD's have declined the last 5 seasons. Might be experiencing a little slippage there. As soon as he goes in the shitter.....they're a 3 or 4 win team.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, finally, Clowney looked destructive!

And that's probably the best he will look all year.

Which is bad news for the Saints as, from my understanding, it was the starting tackle he was abusing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking closer to 7-9 but they could also slip down to 6-10 imo, 8-8 was a best scenario. Brees' TD's have declined the last 5 seasons. Might be experiencing a little slippage there. As soon as he goes in the shitter.....they're a 3 or 4 win team.

I think we have established that I think they have a chance to win 9, and you don't think they have a chance.

In a few months, we'll see how it plays out. No dog in the fight for me, but after this little dialog...I will certainly be paying attention to week one though.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Brees gets blamed for his crappy OL.