• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 15 STEELERS @ Falcons

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Steelers survived a team with a losing record!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys.

I appreciate your good work today

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still owe him an apology though

No you don't...I'm glad you did too!

Bell was bottled up today, I have to watch the DVR to see why the holes weren't there...kudos to Haley for realizing TE was a good option today...also not trying to jam Bell in there...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid W today...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
handsste.0.gif

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recap Monday

On a 1st pass...my thoughts on this game.

1st off I think I nailed the score on this one....that might be a first!

The play on the field didn't quite turn out like I expected, but definitely pleased with the result...as expected...both CIN & BAL also won, so no changes in the standings for the Steelers but BAL did move in the 6th seed position....Steelers would go to IND and BAL would travel to CIN if the season ended today.

On this one...it really boils down to the pick 6 by Gay...a great effort to get the 6 as well. I have to say...the Falcon interior DL played their best game all year...I thought they won the battle with the interior of the Steeler OL on running plays...there were a handful of times Bell had a clear lane open up, but the Falcon LBs had free rein to fill.

No sacks doesn't do justice to the DEF...The big hit/sack by Worilds may have been wiped out by a penalty...imo it was clean...but, it did have an effect on Ryan, and he got nailed a couple of other times and that was enough to speed up his clock. But again...it wasn't consistent and that's why the game was close...had a few lapses in the 2nd half.

Kudos to Lebeau...Ryan in his post game interview said on the pick 6...he had not seen that DEF prior in the game or on film, and thought he had an open WR...never saw Gay underneath.

Kudos to Haley/Ben...they didn't try to jam Bell repeatedly, but he still got 25 touches and had an impact on the game...last week Spaeth, this week Miller...getting less predictable...Wheaton quietly made some big catches, and so did Bryant.

KC up next.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly can't believe this team is 9-5. I thought they played alright on Sunday, did enough to win, which is what matters.

They didn't get beat over the top which was good, and the Gay pick-6 was huge. Offense played well enough, but nothing special, again enough to win.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly can't believe this team is 9-5. I thought they played alright on Sunday, did enough to win, which is what matters.

They didn't get beat over the top which was good, and the Gay pick-6 was huge. Offense played well enough, but nothing special, again enough to win.

In a nutshell...that was it...good enough to win...imo a quality win vs a team that had better talent than a 5-9 record indicates...they took away the run yet Bell still scored twice...Would like those FGs early to be 6s, but Haley adjusted well midgame.

Without Julio I wasn't sure who ATL would try to go deep with.

Muddler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for the Men of Steel - away game vs. a below .500 team - we know how often that has not worked out for us in the recent past. MAYBE they have turned a corner here. Defense played solid, certainly helped that Julio wasn't playing. They got a gift TD on the bogus Worilds roughing call and the Steelers bounced back from it. Willie Gay's pick six was key - he's our major playmaker on defense. ATL stacked the line to slow Bell down, it worked but Ben was on target today and the WRs, especially AB and Wheaton made big plays when we needed them. In the thick of things with two more to go. Ratbirds have the easier schedule but we control our own destiny.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a nutshell...that was it...good enough to win...imo a quality win vs a team that had better talent than a 5-9 record indicates...they took away the run yet Bell still scored twice...Would like those FGs early to be 6s, but Haley adjusted well midgame.

Without Julio I wasn't sure who ATL would try to go deep with.

Yeah, good point about not having Julio.

Agreed about Haley, thought he called a decent game overall.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for the Men of Steel - away game vs. a below .500 team - we know how often that has not worked out for us in the recent past. MAYBE they have turned a corner here. Defense played solid, certainly helped that Julio wasn't playing. They got a gift TD on the bogus Worilds roughing call and the Steelers bounced back from it. Willie Gay's pick six was key - he's our major playmaker on defense. ATL stacked the line to slow Bell down, it worked but Ben was on target today and the WRs, especially AB and Wheaton made big plays when we needed them. In the thick of things with two more to go. Ratbirds have the easier schedule but we control our own destiny.

I'm not sure why they threw a flag there at all aside from not wanting to see QBs get hit flush on...legal or not. He didn't lead with the head, hit in the chest area...just clocked him.

Yeah...the Ravens know they can steal this DIV if PIT slips...CIN easily handled CLE, but I think they lose to DEN this week.

Now to figure out how to block Hali & Houston...keep Charles out of the end zone and they will beat the Chiefs.

Muddler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the ref assumed it was helmet to helmet when Ryan's head snapped back from the force of the hit. I read on some website the league has reviewed it and said it was a bad call.