• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 10 @ Oakland

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we get this one started a little early. After all, it's RAIDER WEEK, and nothing beats the blues like watching the Broncos give the Raiders a good whipping!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we get this one started a little early. After all, it's RAIDER WEEK, and nothing beats the blues like watching the Broncos give the Raiders a good whipping!

Agreed, but I'm not taking anything for granted. The rookie QB is playing pretty well for Oakland and we were certainly less than stellar yesterday.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but I'm not taking anything for granted. The rookie QB is playing pretty well for Oakland and we were certainly less than stellar yesterday.

Yesterday is in the past. This is RAIDER WEEK!!! And unless the Raiders plan to sign Tom Brady between now and Sunday, it's going to be a tough row to hoe for them. I refuse to believe all is lost because we laid a stinker in NE. One game does not a trend make, and what better to break a trend than to outclass the Oakland Raiders organization in their own rather crappy house?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah and we all thought Denver would beat NE too. Raiders gave Hawks all they could handle and if one thing is prominant in the NFL this yr, any team can win if you don`t play 4 qtrs and execute. Weather in Oakland should be fine but the other road games will be tough for Denver if they can`t run the ball in inclement weather. Hilman has done a decent job but he is not the answer when you need to run ball in bad weather. Time to see what CJ and Thompson can do and give Hilman the third down job. We need to run and run well or .......:(

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I STILL believe the Broncos will re-group, and march into O.CO coliseum (really? that's the best name they could get?) and deliver an epic pounding of the Raiders.

As for the Raiders giving the Hawks all they could handle..... It's more like the Hawks jumped out to a big, dominating lead, and got complacent, while the Raiders gained some momentum through a bit of good fortune.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We better come out ready on Sunday. The Raiders are quickly getting better, and they finally nailed a QB draft pick with Carr. That guy is gonna be damn good IMO.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders would love to get their first win at the Broncos expense. (Well, truthfully they would have preferred it weeks ago, but...) If the Broncos show up as flat as they did in New England they will get beat. You show up flat like that against any opponent in the NFL and you will get kicked in the teeth. But if the Broncos regroup, take that loss personally and embark on a mission to restore credibility all before halftime, this game may get out of hand fast for the Raiders.

I do think the Broncos win it, but I don't think they are going to waltz in and hang 40+ on the Raiders. It'll be a tough game for them to win, despite the Raiders 0-8 mark. Fox says you look at the film, not the record. I hope every man in the Broncos locker room takes that seriously. When a team is 0-8 they tend to play with an sense of abandonment and that can surprise an opponent or two down the stretch.

Broncos: TAKE THE RAIDERS SERIOUSLY AND ENSURE THEY START 0-9!

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The raiders have been better than an 0-8 start would indicate. The challenged the Chargers and patriots this year so I hope the Broncos are taking them serious.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For shits sake, they are the Raiders!

We are the freaking Broncos with Peyton Manning at the helm. When was the last time Manning laid consecutive eggs?

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't jinx the Broncos, Crash. I did last week by saying it would be a blowout, and it was - the wrong way.

This week, I'm just going to say they need to take this Raiders team seriously. Derek Carr ain't no joke, and someone is going to be on the wrong end of their first win.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't jinx the Broncos, Crash.I did last week by saying it would be a blowout,and it was - the wrong way.

This week, I'm just going to say they need to take this Raiders team seriously. Derek Carr ain't no joke, and someone is going to be on the wrong end of their first win.

LOL You clearly didn't jinx our team last week. Still, not a bad idea, in my opinion, to recognize that each game is potentially perilous.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team is a challenge in the NFL. But come on, seriously? THE RAIDERS!? Now if Manning was coming off a huge win in NE and had put up 400 yards of passing, I would be more concerned with this as a let down game. But Manning never has back to back stinkers. I am not worried. Yes, the Raiders are capable of beating us, but I am not worried. Why should I be?

I think several of you are over reacting based on last week. I knew that would be a tough game. I thought we could win, but I felt we could have lost just as easily. NE is awesome at home and they are hot right now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say we need to be a little nervous about the Raiders...I don't think them being winless really shows how decent they have actually played this season. They have had road games against Seattle and New England (two of the toughest places in the NFL to play) and took them down to the wire and stood a chance to beat both of them. They took San Diego clear to the end when San Diego was considered the hottest team in football. I would say other than the Miami game over in London Oakland has been in pretty much every game they have played this year.

I would say them being winless has a lot more to do with their schedule so far this season. All but one of their opponents has a winning record right now. The Jets are the only one that doesn't. Now given the Jets probably look like the most pathetic team in the league right now but I think if Oakland played them right now they would win by 2 touchdowns. Unfortunately for Oakland they just have the toughest schedule in football in my opinion.

So the Broncos going to Oakland yes makes me a bit nervous. I do expect us to win and in my football pool that I am a part of for money I will pick Denver with the highest pick possible as I do think they will come in focused and ready to go as I have heard practice has been intense all week long. Sounds like the coaches and players are not messing around so Oakland got unfortunate to draw us at this point but I could see them stealing a win at some point.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say we need to be a little nervous about the Raiders...I don't think them being winless really shows how decent they have actually played this season. They have had road games against Seattle and New England (two of the toughest places in the NFL to play) and took them down to the wire and stood a chance to beat both of them. They took San Diego clear to the end when San Diego was considered the hottest team in football. I would say other than the Miami game over in London Oakland has been in pretty much every game they have played this year.

I would say them being winless has a lot more to do with their schedule so far this season. All but one of their opponents has a winning record right now. The Jets are the only one that doesn't. Now given the Jets probably look like the most pathetic team in the league right now but I think if Oakland played them right now they would win by 2 touchdowns. Unfortunately for Oakland they just have the toughest schedule in football in my opinion.

So the Broncos going to Oakland yes makes me a bit nervous. I do expect us to win and in my football pool that I am a part of for money I will pick Denver with the highest pick possible as I do think they will come in focused and ready to go as I have heard practice has been intense all week long. Sounds like the coaches and players are not messing around so Oakland got unfortunate to draw us at this point but I could see them stealing a win at some point.

There are some caveats to Oakland's apparent "success":

1) They didn't play the same NE team we did.

2) The game in Seattle was just as much Seattle not paying attention. The Seahawks were up big at halftime, and they hobbled their offense since we played against them. Don't be surprised to see Seattle have more closely fought games, and lose a few more games they're not expected to lose.

3) It's OAKLAND. They're a team that finds ways to lose, and that habit takes a LONG time to break.

As to our chances in Oakland this week, well, lets just say that Manning has a long history of taking care of business against his divisional opponents. I expect no less this week.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team is a challenge in the NFL. But come on, seriously? THE RAIDERS!? Now if Manning was coming off a huge win in NE and had put up 400 yards of passing, I would be more concerned with this as a let down game. But Manning never has back to back stinkers. I am not worried. Yes, the Raiders are capable of beating us, but I am not worried. Why should I be?

I think several of you are over reacting based on last week. I knew that would be a tough game. I thought we could win, but I felt we could have lost just as easily. NE is awesome at home and they are hot right now.

You're not wrong. There is a lot to be said about how these Broncos respond to losses. They played 4 solid games after playing like pussies for much of the Seahawks game. When they decided to man up and play football in that game, they had that Seahawks defense nothing short of bewildered. Unfortunately it was too little too late.

I credit the Bronocs late season loss to the Chargers last year for renewing the team's focus going into the playoffs. Sometimes losses can be good if the net result is a deeper commitment to winning.

All I am saying is if the Broncos show up looking the way they did against the Pats, ANY team will beat them. Even the Raiders. Do I think they will show up that flat? No. But even though I expect them to show up ready to play, I think the Raiders will be ready to scrap and do not expect an easy win.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some caveats to Oakland's apparent "success":

1) They didn't play the same NE team we did.

2) The game in Seattle was just as much Seattle not paying attention. The Seahawks were up big at halftime, and they hobbled their offense since we played against them. Don't be surprised to see Seattle have more closely fought games, and lose a few more games they're not expected to lose.

3) It's OAKLAND. They're a team that finds ways to lose, and that habit takes a LONG time to break.

As to our chances in Oakland this week, well, lets just say that Manning has a long history of taking care of business against his divisional opponents. I expect no less this week.

I definitely think the Broncos win this game. Again why I am picking them with the highest pick possible (I am part of a football pool like the one we do on here). I just think Oakland hasn't been as bad as their record so far this season. I agree they played a very beatable Patriots team earlier in the year compared to what we saw on the field on Sunday but again Oakland has been a team that has impressed me with how much they continue to fight as a team even knowing there is no chance at success this season. I actually think Derek Carr is a competent quarterback which does make me nervous for the future in Oakland has always had pathetic quarterbacks during this run of losing seasons. Anyway like I said seems like the team is very focused for this one and is looking to make a statement that they are not finished for the season after just one bad loss.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly expect a solid effort that should be enough to win handily. We could be in real trouble otherwise.

Also, from what I've seen, I think that Derrick Carr might turn out to be the best QB taken in this year's draft. Clearly too early to say definitively, but he has shown some skills and moxie.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly expect a solid effort that should be enough to win handily. We could be in real trouble otherwise.

Also, from what I've seen, I think that Derrick Carr might turn out to be the best QB taken in this year's draft. Clearly too early to say definitively, but he has shown some skills and moxie.

He definitely has...The big thing for him though is can they get a competent coaching staff in Oakland and some talent around him to actually help take some of the heat off of him. He seems to be in a very similar situation to that of his brother in going to a very bad organization that is getting him killed at this point. This next draft will be huge for them of getting some talent to help him and very interested in who they get to coach. If they don't get Chucky I think they are going to have to pick from the bottom of the pile as every coach knows Oakland is where you go to kill your career.