• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We won a game!

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rodgers will, I think Cobb is a ways out and he'll just be working in lightly if he does make it back and I think that would be playoff time should the Packers make it that far. Not sure he'd be much of an impact.

Maybe he will be, because he is talented and works very hard, but it's not like he's been off for a month healed and rested. He's been out all year with a pretty significant injury and will hardly be off rehab shape, let alone be in game condition when the playoffs roll around. I tend to think he won't pick up right where he left off. Another one of those things where I hope I'm wrong.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mccown has owned him statistically and even if you want to say he's been great because of bad defenses, no way cutler would have done better. If you want to say he would have done just as good fine but I doubt it. Fact is we own cutler, he always chokes and throws picks against us. I'll take those odds against him in the final week with a healthy arod and cobb.

Why are you making this about the Packers? lol

You realize there are 30 other teams that Cutler can potentially face in this league, right? You can't bench a guy because of past struggles against a single team, they are rather irrelevant to this season.

McCown's statistics are rather deceiving. (As you referred to) he's seen a monumentally easier schedule, and he plays it rather safe. Which is why his completion percentage and yardage totals are high. However, it's also why the point totals were down up until the Bears stumbled across possibly the worst defense this league has EVER seen on Monday Night.

Josh's stats are also pretty inflated by that one big performance. Prior to the Dallas game, people forget how pedestrian he looked down the stretch in the STL and MIN losses. The Bears got POUNDED by a below average Rams team, and Josh threw a pick six in the fourth to seal it. In the Minnesota game, drive after drive stalled when the Bears could have put the game away. He missed a few key throws.

Jay is the better QB, period. The better QB always gives you a chance to win. Josh doesn't have a "hot hand". He's 1-2 in his last three starts against teams with a combined record of 15-23-1.

On a side note: If ARod can't play Sunday vs Dallas, than I'm not sure if the week 17 game will mean anything to you guys.

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you making this about the Packers? lol

You realize there are 30 other teams that Cutler can potentially face in this league, right? You can't bench a guy because of past struggles against a single team, they are rather irrelevant to this season.

McCown's statistics are rather deceiving. (As you referred to) he's seen a monumentally easier schedule, and he plays it rather safe. Which is why his completion percentage and yardage totals are high. However, it's also why the point totals were down up until the Bears stumbled across possibly the worst defense this league has EVER seen on Monday Night.

Josh's stats are also pretty inflated by that one big performance. Prior to the Dallas game, people forget how pedestrian he looked down the stretch in the STL and MIN losses. The Bears got POUNDED by a below average Rams team, and Josh threw a pick six in the fourth to seal it. In the Minnesota game, drive after drive stalled when the Bears could have put the game away. He missed a few key throws.

Jay is the better QB, period. The better QB always gives you a chance to win. Josh doesn't have a "hot hand". He's 1-2 in his last three starts against teams with a combined record of 15-23-1.

On a side note: If ARod can't play Sunday vs Dallas, than I'm not sure if the week 17 game will mean anything to you guys.

Hmm why am I making this about the packers, I don't know maybe because this is the fucking packers forum LMFAO. Anyways thats fine if you're happy with cutler, all I'm saying is I'm thrilled cutler is back in and I think its better for the pack he's back in, just my opinion no need to try and convince me otherwise cause ya won't. Also I have faith flynn could beat a shitty dallas team but things are looking up a bit for rodgers last I heard. Finally I don't think the bears have a china mans chance of winning in philly so I'd bet the week 17 game is meaningless to the bears.

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we lose to Dallas this week then week 17 will be our Superbowl. :suds:

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing with the McCown vs Cutler argument...

If you're the Bears, playing McCown over a healthy Cutler is basically like saying, "OK thanks Jay, but yeah, we pretty much don't want you around next year." If that is the way the Bears want to go, then so be it...but they'd better have a better option in September of 2014 than Josh Friggin' McCown. I mean, there's a reason he's played for what, 5 teams in 10 years? Plus he'll be 35 when the season starts next year. I actually hope and pray that they come into 2014 with him as their starter.

He's playing well right now, but come on. He's not the future of the Bears. He's a journeyman backup whose career highlight came on the final play of the 2003 season.