• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We traded a 6th rounder for Darrell Taylor

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was brought in to compete with Booker for snaps.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this hurts Daniel Hardy's chance to still make the cut. I hope not because I like the guy's motor, plus I remain fairly certain that he'll get poached off the practice squad if placed there.

One certainty should clear up with this trade. I see no reason any longer to go after Yanick Ngakoue. I think if there was a realistic shot at resigning him, it would have been done by now. It was probably the $$$ that prevented this from happening.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Hardy even makes it to the practice squad before he is picked up.

Thought we were ok on the end and in trouble inside.

They say Ngakoue ( I pray to god you spelled it right) has not been on the same team back to back years since Jacksonville.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was brought in to compete with Booker for snaps.
I’m going to revise this. I think Booker might start this year. It might take a few games, but I think Booker starting is better for Him and Walker. We brought in Taylor to pass rush in passing situations.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...That should be that for the Yannick Experiment. Honestly, for the better. Try to find lightning in a bottle somewhere else cuz that dude wasn't it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...That should be that for the Yannick Experiment. Honestly, for the better. Try to find lightning in a bottle somewhere else cuz that dude wasn't it.
My guess is he got too greedy and thought he was worth more than he is. Oh well, seeya, wouldn't wanna beeya.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am quite fine with this result. Taylor will make a nice situational pass rusher.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also traded a 6 for DT Chris Williams. I like the Taylor trade but Williams was probably gonna be cut by Cleveland.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also traded a 6 for DT Chris Williams. I like the Taylor trade but Williams was probably gonna be cut by Cleveland.
Yeah, but Chris Williams wouldn’t have lasted until our waiver claim.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but Chris Williams wouldn’t have lasted until our waiver claim.

Not sure we needed him to. I don't see what value he adds. He's never sacked a QB in a real game and has like a grand total of 6 tackles.

Not a guy other teams were chomping at the bit for. Not a big deal in the long run but still a weird move to me.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure we needed him to. I don't see what value he adds. He's never sacked a QB in a real game and has like a grand total of 6 tackles.

Not a guy other teams were chomping at the bit for. Not a big deal in the long run but still a weird move to me.

Poles gets hard ons sometimes for weird players...Velus Jones comes to mind. He's not afraid to make moves for who he likes (Claypool via trade and Booker/Megapunt in this past draft). Ian Cunningham is a true hero holding him back from trading up for Odunze.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poles gets hard ons sometimes for weird players...Velus Jones comes to mind. He's not afraid to make moves for who he likes (Claypool via trade and Booker/Megapunt in this past draft). Ian Cunningham is a true hero holding him back from trading up for Odunze.

I'm good with that if he continues to hit on some important players. Billings was a good scrap heap pickup. I'm mildly optimistic that maybe Waldron can find a way to get some positive plays out of VeJayJay this season.

There's no doubt the current roster is light years ahead of what Poles took over in terms of just raw talent.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He’s a back up DT that was flashing in preseason. Cleveland has a lot of depth at the position. Maybe he figured something out? There’s plenty of late bloomers out there and we need him to back up our starters, so if he’s just average, this trade will have been a steal.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a back up DT that was flashing in preseason. Cleveland has a lot of depth at the position. Maybe he figured something out? There’s plenty of late bloomers out there and we need him to back up our starters, so if he’s just average, this trade will have been a steal.

Eh...I think the move for this guy is more indicative that the DT's on the current roster are meh. Our defensive line will probably be below average this season with so many question marks attached to it.

D-line and O-line HAVE to be the point of focus either at this year's trade deadline (if we make a move) and next offseason.

If the O-line's troubles are significantly alleviated by Williams processing faster than Fields, we may be better off than we thought there. That would be really nice and allow us to go after DT/DE more aggressively. Still don't trust our center position though.

This season is going to be so interesting. That's pretty cool. Last season (early on) was such a disaster that we fans deserve this optimism and, at worst, a reasonably competitive football team.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh...I think the move for this guy is more indicative that the DT's on the current roster are meh. Our defensive line will probably be below average this season with so many question marks attached to it.

D-line and O-line HAVE to be the point of focus either at this year's trade deadline (if we make a move) and next offseason.

If the O-line's troubles are significantly alleviated by Williams processing faster than Fields, we may be better off than we thought there. That would be really nice and allow us to go after DT/DE more aggressively. Still don't trust our center position though.

This season is going to be so interesting. That's pretty cool. Last season (early on) was such a disaster that we fans deserve this optimism and, at worst, a reasonably competitive football team.
After seeing Booker and Dexter in the preseason, I am convinced that our DTs absolutely suck and our DEs are highly underrated. I think Booker becomes an average starter at DE in his first year and then only improves from there on out. Dexter looks like trash against back ups. I’m starting to think he is a bust.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a back up DT that was flashing in preseason.

Flashing so hard the Browns traded him to move from the 7th round to the 6th round.
so if he’s just average, this trade will have been a steal.

In two years you will forget he was ever on this team.

Sometimes when you throw shit at the wall it doesn't stick and just falls to the floor. And that's okay. Not mad at what Poles did. The move is more about the Bears being thin at the position than it is the Browns being strong.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't either and if the interior of the line struggles this season...especially when Jenkins goes down because you know he will...I'm gonna be very pissed Poles didn't focus more on this particular area of need.

I am hoping Bates and others out perform expectations and/or, as you point out, Williams is good enough to mask a weakness.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flashing so hard the Browns traded him to move from the 7th round to the 6th round.

In two years you will forget he was ever on this team.

Sometimes when you throw shit at the wall it doesn't stick and just falls to the floor. And that's okay. Not mad at what Poles did. The move is more about the Bears being thin at the position than it is the Browns being strong.
You’re probably right. In that case, we practically gave up a draft pick that wouldn’t have made the squad anyway. If he becomes a back up worth, say, 2 million a year, this trade is a raving success. Even if he gets that contract with another team.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't either and if the interior of the line struggles this season...especially when Jenkins goes down because you know he will...I'm gonna be very pissed Poles didn't focus more on this particular area of need.

I am hoping Bates and others out perform expectations and/or, as you point out, Williams is good enough to mask a weakness.

Poles said he was going to revisit Jenkins' extension at midseason...so you and I both know dude is going to ball out for 8 games...We re-sign...then he's done in week 10. LOL