• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We should be 6-0

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cardinal game was winnable if we only ran the damn ball. The Chicago game at home was winnable as well. Considering bowman and Aldon out, and Brock as well proves to me Baalke is more valuable than Harbaugh

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we shot ourselves in the foot with penalties, some legit some complete bs, and turnovers.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except you should have lost the first game. Dallas gave SF the win with all the turn overs. :whistle:

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Except you should have lost the first game. Dallas gave SF the win with all the turn overs. :whistle:

lol...we'd all be 6-0 if the could have and should haves would have happened. It is kind of interesting that all the media can talk about this week is how great the Cowboys and Eagles are but no mention of the team that beat both of them.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...we'd all be 6-0 if the could have and should haves would have happened. It is kind of interesting that all the media can talk about this week is how great the Cowboys and Eagles are but no mention of the team that beat both of them.

I really haven't seen anything about the eagles this week and only two things about the Boys. One involved a dumb fuck of a player and the other was about the disfunction of the team.

Infairness I haven't seen anything about SF either. Maybe it is because I don't pay attention to espn.

But it does seem like the world is a better place when the Boys and SF are winning more than loosing. Showdown between the teams have been epic in years past.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas had no chance against us. We dominated that game. I agree we should be 5-1 or 6-0. Either way we are still in good position. We we can be at 6-3 by the time we get A. Smith and brock back we will be ok. Then by week 10-12 we get Bowman back. Its like getting 2 pro bowlers mid season in a trade.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The cardinal game was winnable if we only ran the damn ball. The Chicago game at home was winnable as well. Considering bowman and Aldon out, and Brock as well proves to me Baalke is more valuable than Harbaugh

true, both the Chicago and Arizona games were winnable, we were leading both in the second half and more importantly....looking good doing it. but if we take that stance, St Louis was leading and looked good 1st half too. IMO without that Lloyd TD, its another close nail biter.

KC and Philly were close games, and were 'losable'.

anyway, this happens every season to every team, win some you thought you'd lose, lose some you'd thought you'd win. so we'll win this Sunday. :-)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this somewhere:

We were very fortunate to get this win and it was in our house, not in very noisy K.C. Several big breaks for us.

Our first big break was an extremely generous spot given to Kap while scrambling out of bounds. Reid challenged the call and it probably should have been overturned. We keep the ball and drive down the field and score, a huge momentum switch.

Our next big break is when the KC db slips and drops what should have been a pick 6 (a poor play by Kap, we dodge a huge bullet).

Our next break is a head scratching play call sequence by Reid. Bowe drops a pass on 2nd and 1 (any legit #1 receiver routinely makes that catch. On 3rd and 1 Kelce drops a ball right in his hands ( the kid is going to be a beast, but he has to make that play). On 4th and 1 Ryan Harris has a false start and KC has to punt. What the hell was Reid doing, he has Jamaal Charles and only needs a yard. Really poor play calling. Thanks Andy.

Our next big break comes when Reid punts from our 36 on 4th and 4. You have to go for it there. Reid showed no backbone there and no confidence in his offense. The chiefs net 16 yards on the touchback. Thank you again Andy.

Our next big break is earned on a great catch by Lloyd. Kap gets credit for giving Lloyd an opportunity, but in all fairness that ball could have just as easily been picked.

Our final big break comes on a bone head 12 men on the field penalty. What a gift. Not only do we end up with a chip shot fied goal to go up 5, we eat a ton of clock and exhaust all of KC' s time outs. Dawson was money all day, but lets face it a 54 yarder is no gimme and if he misses Kc gets great field position down only 2 points with plenty of time and all of their time outs intact.

Thanks to this sequence, KC is forced to try and force the ball into coverage instead of being more conservative. The play was there but it was not an easy throw and he just over threw it. That penalty put him in a very tough situation.

The breaks and calls went our way (finally). All of this does not even include the fake punt that changed the whole momentum of the game in our favor. That play could have also gone horribly wrong and doomed us. Harbaugh showed huge cajones calling that from our 30. As I mentioned earlier, Reid did not even have the guts to for it on our 36 yard line.

Kap needs to thank his lucky stars to be throwing to Boldin, Crabtree, Lloyd, VD, and Stevie Johnson (who by the way got away with offensive PI on that touchdown.

We will gratefully take this win, but lets be honest, we could have easily lost this game if not for all of our good fortune

I don't go as far as this guy goes, because some of those factors we forced. We deserve some of those things by either being gutsy or throwing a good pass or making a great catch. These aren't all breaks, they are our team playing. However, my point is, all games have these moments where they can go either way. Things did not go our way in Chicago and Arizona. We take the wins and the losses and just move on. We are what our record shows as we did not take control of those two games.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the overall 4-2 record is acceptable to this point, just too bad one of those was to a West team.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this somewhere:

I don't go as far as this guy goes, because some of those factors we forced. We deserve some of those things by either being gutsy or throwing a good pass or making a great catch. These aren't all breaks, they are our team playing. However, my point is, all games have these moments where they can go either way. Things did not go our way in Chicago and Arizona. We take the wins and the losses and just move on. We are what our record shows as we did not take control of those two games.
:agree: You just can't go back and start the would have, should have ,could have thing. The 9ers are 4-2 and moving on.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is, considering all the crap going on with injuries and strife supposedly going on, to be on track the way we are, is impressive. Thank you depth aka Baalke.

If we beat Denver at home, I'll be freakin stoked

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My point is, considering all the crap going on with injuries and strife supposedly going on, to be on track the way we are, is impressive. Thank you depth aka Baalke.

If we beat Denver at home, I'll be freakin stoked

oh ok, thought it was "we should be 6-0", and "Chicago and Arizona were winnable". :-)

yes, the depth on defense IS showing.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not worried about Arizona, they haven't played a tough schedule yet. They have 49ers, Seattle, KC, Atlanta, Seattle again, Det, Philly and Dallas.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im not worried about Arizona, they haven't played a tough schedule yet. They have 49ers, Seattle, KC, Atlanta, Seattle again, Det, Philly and Dallas.

not worried about Arizona yet, but fact is they beat us.

now it is easy to say this and that.....we should've won......but they beat us and thus could beat us again. so although not worried about them, I'm not discounting them either. they did very well last year too, so their current record isn't such a fluke.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be more appropriate to say we " could " have been rather than we " should " have been.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really haven't seen anything about the eagles this week and only two things about the Boys. One involved a dumb fuck of a player and the other was about the disfunction of the team.

Infairness I haven't seen anything about SF either. Maybe it is because I don't pay attention to espn.

But it does seem like the world is a better place when the Boys and SF are winning more than loosing. Showdown between the teams have been epic in years past.

I heard local radio talking about the Cowboys defense. Statistically they are actually on par with last years D which was one of the worst in the NFL according to the show. The difference is exposure though. The Cowboys running the ball more and winning the time of possession battle has kept the D off the field which is making them look better than they really are. They are still giving up a lot of yards per play and letting opponents convert on a high amount of 3rd downs.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said in a different thread, 4-3 after losing that Cards game is a good spot to be in. I had the Denver game as a loss even if we were totally healthy. Now these next 4 games will be huge for our season and playoff hopes. Rams and Skins should both be wins at home, meaning the NO and NYG games will make/break our season. Win all 4 and a 8-3 record going into that Thanksgiving game against Seattle will be amazing

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we make the playoffs, I'll be really surprised. all 3 losses I'm putting on the playcalling. you don't beat peyton manning by getting in a shootout with him, especially when your D is banged up. you run the freakin ball to keep manning on the sideline and to keep your D fresh. All the 3 losses we didn't run at all. coincidence? I think not.