• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We Have to Win Out

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just say that we beat Philly... lose to Indianapolis... and beat Washington. In a chalk situation - we don't make the playoffs at 11-5

Detroit - beat Vikings, beat Bears, lose Packers

Cardinals - beat Rams, lose Seahawks, beat 49ers

Eagles - lose Cowboys, beat Skins, beat Giants

Seahawks - beat 49ers, beat Cards, beat Rams

Packers - beat Falcons, beat Bills, beat Bucs, beat Lions

In this scenario the Cowboys miss the playoffs.... Cowboys need to win out or the Eagles or Lions need to lose twice out of 3 games. If we win out we are the #1 or #2 seed. If we lose 1 game, we are more than likely not going to the playoffs.

Long story short - Just winning this Eagles game isn't enough.

2014 NFL Playoff Machine - Simulate Matchups and Scenarios - ESPN

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or there are desperate scenarios (if we lose against IND) where the Cards would have to lose out, or the Seahawks would have to lose 2 of 3, or Packers lose 3 out of 4.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree... just need to win out. And - that is very doable.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just say that we beat Philly... lose to Indianapolis... and beat Washington. In a chalk situation - we don't make the playoffs at 11-5

Detroit - beat Vikings, beat Bears, lose Packers

Cardinals - beat Rams, lose Seahawks, beat 49ers

Eagles - lose Cowboys, beat Skins, beat Giants

Seahawks - beat 49ers, beat Cards, beat Rams

Packers - beat Falcons, beat Bills, beat Bucs, beat Lions

In this scenario the Cowboys miss the playoffs.... Cowboys need to win out or the Eagles or Lions need to lose twice out of 3 games. If we win out we are the #1 or #2 seed. If we lose 1 game, we are more than likely not going to the playoffs.

Long story short - Just winning this Eagles game isn't enough.

2014 NFL Playoff Machine - Simulate Matchups and Scenarios - ESPN

The odds of us winning out are pretty slim IMO, but sure its possible. We aren't any more than an OK team. Luckily for us, neither is Det or Philly. I'm not so sure why everyone is chalking up 11 wins for Det and maybe that is why I'm less likely to throw in the towel on the wild card than most apparently seem to be. I'd imagine if I went back to preseason talk I'd see a lot of posts about us literally having zero chance to beat Seattle. So, lets just see how this plays out before we give up on anything...

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odds of us winning out are pretty slim IMO, but sure its possible. We aren't any more than an OK team. Luckily for us, neither is Det or Philly. I'm not so sure why everyone is chalking up 11 wins for Det and maybe that is why I'm less likely to throw in the towel on the wild card than most apparently seem to be. I'd imagine if I went back to preseason talk I'd see a lot of posts about us literally having zero chance to beat Seattle. So, lets just see how this plays out before we give up on anything...

I'm not giving up... I just noticed the mood of "if we beat the Eagles we are in the playoffs". I think Detroit or Philly losing 2 is our best chance. I can definitely see Detroit losing to Chicago and GB... or Philly losing to Dallas and NYG.

That being said, I was just wanting everyone to understand the situation.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Normally, I would eagerly expect Detroit's annual December choke job. But other than the Packers in Week 17, that schedule is as cream puff as it gets.

Regardless - a win Sunday night simplifies a whole lot of things. And for reasons I can't make any sense of, I'm optimistic.

germanjohn

Splendiferous Puddin' Pop
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If dallas takes a page from pete carroll's book and slows down their offense by faking injuries, then maybe we do better. Other than that, our LB's, DB's cannot cover to save their fucking lives.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Arizona loses to the Rams this week and the Seahawks lose one of their last 3. The Eagles last two against Washington and NYG are no gimmes. We'll see.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no given in the NFL, there have been many upsets this year alone. Its why they play the game, no team is in till they are in. Chill out folks we are still alive.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If dallas takes a page from pete carroll's book and slows down their offense by faking injuries, then maybe we do better. Other than that, our LB's, DB's cannot cover to save their fucking lives.

Cowboys need to set the tone early even if it means a person foul. The need to rough up sanchez. A helmet to the knee and that would stop the clock. Mccoy needs to be horsecollared.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no given in the NFL, there have been many upsets this year alone. Its why they play the game, no team is in till they are in. Chill out folks we are still alive.

Exactly.

Seattle started the season being Gods, then they could miss the playoffs ..now their Gods again.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we match up good with the Colts, they can't stop a physical run game, see what the Pats did. I think Romo is the key to the Philly game, I think he plays great, I think that the short week killed him. Played the Giants flew back and got home early Monday morning, not a good thing for a back, went threw practice the same day, the next day, and then a walk through, then game, so nonstop for Romo bad deal. This time around lots of rest and not so much practice.