• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WCQF G2 Kings @ Oilers 4/24/24

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of those games LA has to win

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeahhhhh baby!

Was sitting here trying to tell myself (Which is true) that I was happy with the effort. Despite the blown leads, this was a solid effort by LA.

Kopitar no mistake, top shelf. Skinner no chance.

Well, I'll be at Game 3, and definitely be a different energy. Party atmosphere for sure.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much needed win. It was ugly but coming back to LA with a split, take it.

Loved seeing the Oiler fangirl put her face in her hands in disbelief after Kopitar scored.

=)~~

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much needed win. It was ugly but coming back to LA with a split, take it.

Loved seeing the Oiler fangirl put her face in her hands in disbelief after Kopitar scored.

=)~~
Have already downloaded the game, and have been rewatching the GW goal repeatedly. Love seeing all the Oilers fans throw their hands in the air in disbelief at moment the goal is scored. Is fun watching the instant fan reaction in the stands while the broadcast team scrolls through the various camera angles of the winning moment.

***Another good one is from the 2012 Finals when they show the above ice angle of the entire rink, how the fans react when Kopi receives the pass from Williams to trigger his break away to win game 1.
--> at the 52 second mark, you see all the Devils fans collectively say "OH SHIT"!

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have already downloaded the game, and have been rewatching the GW goal repeatedly. Love seeing all the Oilers fans throw their hands in the air in disbelief at moment the goal is scored. Is fun watching the instant fan reaction in the stands while the broadcast team scrolls through the various camera angles of the winning moment.

***Another good one is from the 2012 Finals when they show the above ice angle of the entire rink, how the fans react when Kopi receives the pass from Williams to trigger his break away to win game 1.
--> at the 52 second mark, you see all the Devils fans collectively say "OH SHIT"!

Such a beautiful goal, shame even now Kopistar barely gets the recognition he deserves. Dude is so good up and down the ice. East coast biased kinda hindered even more hardware IMO, not that it matters to him....very little not accomplished.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a beautiful goal, shame even now Kopistar barely gets the recognition he deserves. Dude is so good up and down the ice. East coast biased kinda hindered even more hardware IMO, not that it matters to him....very little not accomplished.

On NHLT last night it was Jamie Hersch, Bissonette and Steve Konroyd (I remember watching that dude play for the Whalers) and Hersch was so condescending towards Kopitar and the Kings, Bissonette was a little better but Konroyd was all over Kopitar explaining how good he has been throughout his career and doesn't get the credit he deserves. He was very objective about both the Oilers and Kings.

You got some great eye candy, a goon and an old school guy on deck, leave it to him to look and find the nuances and explain why Kopitar is one of the best.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My duck loving wife has another reason to cheer the oilers.
They just signed undrafted James Stefan from Laguna Beach. He is the son of former Thrasher Patrick Stefan. Likely to play in AHL.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ferraro just torched Stefan, "the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen", "has no place in the NHL", damn he didn't mince any words.

1OA in 1999 for the Thrashers, proof a 1OA can in fact alter your franchise...very negatively.