• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs Houston Rockets

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just never enough (actually nearly non-existent) defense for those Nellie teams. The Warriors are so fun to watch right now. They're like a combination of the Bibby/Webber Kings' offense and the Spurs' defense. They're the epitome of team basketball right now. All the assists and ball movement. All the excellent switches and help defense. It's a beautiful thing to watch.

Yep, Tom Tolbert joked about Nellie's lack of focus on defense on his KNBR show while he was on KNBR. Nellie's teams were generally small and didn't rebound well. He wanted to run and gun and his rosters reflected that. I was grateful for Nellie because no other coach was able to bring winning basketball to GSW during that period while realizing Nellie's teams would never be able to win a title.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a last gasp for respectability, the Rockets make a game of it but fall just short in the end 107-103

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If houston can ever get their top role players to play good on the same night they can win the series....unlikely that ever happens though
Having good players doesn't necessarily make you a good team.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your posts are not looking good buddy.

Predictions are predictions.
If any of us really knew what was actually going to happen, would anyone watch?

What's tiring are Wiggy's laundry lists of pre series potential loss excuses, followed by how great the Cavs are once it doesn't happen.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you betting on?

I don't bet. But I would if I knew I was going to be right all of the time.

If I were betting now, I'd bet the Warriors. All of the injuries, etc. are bound to catch up to Cleveland. Although, I'm not sure Cleveland beats the Warriors even they're healthy. I think it would be similar to Heat/Mavs in Lebrons first year in Miami. A team that's been together for awhile vs. a team that hasn't. Usually, the team that's been together for awhile wins those.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the Cavs win I will give a lot of credit to the role players that bought in and LBJ. Another Loss in the Finals and LBJ will have a tough time to be on the mount Rushmore of basketball. Cavs hasn't faced a offensive team like GS so I think that 1st game is going to be Big. GS biggest problem will be guarding LBJ. Who guards him and if he is on what changes can GS do.

1 Prediction: There will be a lot of 3's in that series.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the Cavs win I will give a lot of credit to the role players that bought in and LBJ. Another Loss in the Finals and LBJ will have a tough time to be on the mount Rushmore of basketball. Cavs hasn't faced a offensive team like GS so I think that 1st game is going to be Big. GS biggest problem will be guarding LBJ. Who guards him and if he is on what changes can GS do.

GSW can throw so many players at Lebron. They will be fine. Unlike the Hawks who basically only got Carroll. GSW can put Klay, Iggy, Barnes, or Draymond on Lebron.

I think GSW in 5

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GSW can throw so many players at Lebron. They will be fine. Unlike the Hawks who basically only got Carroll. GSW can put Klay, Iggy, Barnes, or Draymond on Lebron.

I think GSW in 5

Agreed on the they can throw guys at him. But I'm not sure what jurors healthy will look like yet

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on the they can throw guys at him. But I'm not sure what jurors healthy will look like yet

For Cleveland to make it a series they must take a game in GSW in the first 2 home games. Otherwise it is a 5 game series. If they do split in GSW it is going to be a long series

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predictions are predictions.
If any of us really knew what was actually going to happen, would anyone watch?

What's tiring are Wiggy's laundry lists of pre series potential loss excuses, followed by how great the Cavs are once it doesn't happen.
Yes. I do it all the time. I record the Dubs games and find out the score then watch and enjoy the talent. Its too stressful to watch Dubs games live, especially playoff games. The stupid turnovers and failure to rebound drive me nuts.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I cannot respect James even though he is a great player. he is such a diva, pretending he gave it all and couldn't even walk off the court last night. he is thoroughly in love with himself but his pretending to have all these injuries and his attempts to draw attention to himself are very disturbing. Its almost like he is mentally ill.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston locks Curry in a janitor's closet tonight, Rockets win by 12.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH SNAP!

There are a bunch of Warriors fans in Houston for the game so the team gave them all yellow shirts to wear and Houston is pissed about it. No worse disrespect than t-shirt disrespect.

It's on now!

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets should play with everything they have in them. Win at home and save face a little, then lose to GS on the road. I'm not saying it's going to work out like that, but it could very well happen