• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tournament Thread WCC Tournament

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potentially by years end but doubtful the ZAGS jump 11 spots solely off this win. More likely into the mid 50s

In the broadcast, someone (poorly worded) said that Gonzaga will jump into the top 50 with a win, giving Saint Mary's 2 wins versus the top 50.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the broadcast, someone (poorly worded) said that Gonzaga will jump into the top 50 with a win, giving Saint Mary's 2 wins versus the top 50.
That'd be a monster jump but who knows? Even if they don't tomorrow they'll have a great shot to by Saturday with many teams ahead of them losing

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'd be a monster jump but who knows? Even if they don't tomorrow they'll have a great shot to by Saturday with many teams ahead of them losing

Lunardi thinks both are out come Sunday: Keeping Monmouth and Saint Mary's in the NCAA field for now. Both likely to be passed by Sunday. UConn and Oregon St. are momentarily out.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wichita is tough imo. No bad losses but only 4-7 vs the top 100 but 4 of their 7 losses came with some key guys out. I'd have them in but no fucking way at a 7 seed like Lunardi does. Maybe a 10
They should be closer to the bubble than to a 7 seed. I understand they were hurt when losing some games but they also failed to make the conf. championship in a conf. that is not good. I saw last week that they had a similar resume to SDSU, and Lunardi had Wichita as a lock with SDSU having to win the MWC tournament to make it.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be closer to the bubble than to a 7 seed. I understand they were hurt when losing some games but they also failed to make the conf. championship in a conf. that is not good. I saw last week that they had a similar resume to SDSU, and Lunardi had Wichita as a lock with SDSU having to win the MWC tournament to make it.
Yeah its for sure too high at 7 and their resume is similar to SDSU. Actually the Aztec have better SOS and RPI. The Top 100 records are the same. SDSU has 1 bad loss while Wichita doesn't but I really think it solely comes down to the injury factor that the Shockers dealt with. I can't see any other explanation for their resumes to be considered that different

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lunardi thinks both are out come Sunday: Keeping Monmouth and Saint Mary's in the NCAA field for now. Both likely to be passed by Sunday. UConn and Oregon St. are momentarily out.

I would be fucking pissed if Oregon State of all damn schools takes Saint Mary's spot.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah its for sure too high at 7 and their resume is similar to SDSU. Actually the Aztec have better SOS and RPI. The Top 100 records are the same. SDSU has 1 bad loss while Wichita doesn't but I really think it solely comes down to the injury factor that the Shockers dealt with. I can't see any other explanation for their resumes to be considered that different
And I'm not saying the Aztecs should be a lock or the same seed as WSU, but I also think they should have a chance to make it as an at large team if they did lose in the MWC championship. They had some early season bumps in the road but are much better now and pretty much dominated MWC play(took a total choke on FT's in one of those 2 MW losses).
Not that it matters, but I find it funny that SDSU is a team that might need to win the MWC tourney to make the big dance but were still receiving votes in the AP and Coaches poll this week.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Weird. He had them as an 8 at the beginning of the day. Quite a drop for one loss.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They redshirted him after he went down so he's eligible to return next season... I think the redshirt would be lifted if he came back now... I could be wrong...

It would be. But, it won't matter if he leaves for the NBA

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be. But, it won't matter if he leaves for the NBA

Yeah, not sure if he would if Sabonis puts his hat into the ring this year... I think it would hurt him if Sabonis comes out... If Sabonis does, I don't see Karnowski getting drafted in the 1st round so he wouldn't be guaranteed a contract if that is the case...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Saint Maries doesn't make it into the tournament, it would be a shame... They would win 1 or 2 games imo... Some of these other bubble teams would get bounced in the first round...