• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Washington @ #13 UCLA

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frideeee Night Footballllll :yahoo:

9:00pm ET (Like waiting for paint to dry if you're east of the Rockies)

espn2

UCLA (-2.5 to -3)

Over/Under 60.5

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm picking Washington in the road upset.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a really competitive game. Then again I said that about our ASU trip. :doh:

We have to limit Barrs effect and the rest of their linebackers. If we can do that and run the ball, UW wins.

GO DAWGS!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BVO0QynCIAEuH5-.jpg

GO DAWGS!!!!

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SKOOO Huskies! Wait, who does OD have in this one?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's Tshirt and his always informational breakdown?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Price has protection and manages the game the way he should UW wins. Sankey is just too good unless the offense can't get any kind of screen/passing game going (like the ASU game). If price rolls Sankey will bust out for over 150y.

Hundley hasn't developed as much as people projected he would this year. He has been lights out at times and down right pedestrian at others. Add an inconsistent running game and there will be a lot on the shoulders of their QB in this game.

Both teams really need this game, but UCLA has more pucker factor on it. A loss probably takes them out of the race for the south title and this is the first game for Mora coaching against his alma mater. Will they play a bit more tight because of those things? UW needs this to avoid the 7 win cycle. A loss in this game and everyone is going to be going "oh no, here we go again". A win would allow them to still have a 10 win season (incl bowl) in reach.

For all of the talk about UCLA's LB's the story will probably be more about both lines for both teams. Pass protection will need to be a lot better for UW than it has been at times this year and UCLA will have their hands full with both UW's improved pass rush and LB play. But if you want to talk about LB's they have a great one and UW has Shaq Thompson. Both will be factors in this game.

Come on dawgs, go get you some!

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you want to talk about LB's they have a great one and UW has Shaq Thompson. Both will be factors in this game.

Aint nothing wrong with Shaq and thats a fact! UCLA though probably has the best group of linebackers in the country. They are all very good.

It will be fun seeing how Sark plans to deal with them. I'd like to see Price air it out and stretch the field more than usual. Keep those boys honest.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aint nothing wrong with Shaq and thats a fact! UCLA though probably has the best group of linebackers in the country. They are all very good.

It will be fun seeing how Sark plans to deal with them. I'd like to see Price air it out and stretch the field more than usual. Keep those boys honest.

UW has to rely on the screen game and short passing. They have Mickens and Ross who are both very dangerous in space, but even when they only make 2-3 yards on a play they are still having a big impact in the rushing game because they force the LB's to spread out and not stack in the box. I could care less how many passing yards Price has in the game, but if they abandon the screen game like they did against ASU they have no chance at all of even making this close. It's that big of a deal.

The Seahawks are in the same boat. When you are a run first team you have to force the defense to wider coverages to keep those gaps from clogging up. Much more important that stretching the field longer IMO. Don't get me wrong, Price will go down field if their safeties cheat up, but I would be surprised to see them go past 20y in the passing more than 3-4 plays in the game.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW has to rely on the screen game and short passing. They have Mickens and Ross who are both very dangerous in space, but even when they only make 2-3 yards on a play they are still having a big impact in the rushing game because they force the LB's to spread out and not stack in the box. I could care less how many passing yards Price has in the game, but if they abandon the screen game like they did against ASU they have no chance at all of even making this close. It's that big of a deal.

The Seahawks are in the same boat. When you are a run first team you have to force the defense to wider coverages to keep those gaps from clogging up. Much more important that stretching the field longer IMO. Don't get me wrong, Price will go down field if their safeties cheat up, but I would be surprised to see them go past 20y in the passing more than 3-4 plays in the game.

Beat ya to it in the Pac v.2 thread Whizzer! Good minds usually think alike.
:yahoo:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always was a fan of the "disguised" late safety/CB blitz where the D shows cover2 zone coverage to the O's best receiver and "baits" the QB read on it. I like it when ya put your Safety/CB out on an island to cover 1-1 and use the blitz to pressure a QB. Forces the QB to make the play or get his ass hammered while trying to do so. Tinkle Mora has more experience doing these creative things more so than Sark does.

1 of two things happens...

1-BIG O play
OR
2-BIG D sack for a loss

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA is set to bust out the "L.A. Midnight" uniforms for UW

UCLA-Midnight-Uniforms_7.jpg

ucla.jpg

o0600040012709285424.gif

4325534770_9078bcfa15_z.jpg

los-angeles-cities-at-night-wallpapers-t.jpg

thumb.aspx

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA coach Jim Mora once called his alma mater Washington his dream coaching job. Now he has his UCLA team in contention for a third straight Pac-12 South title

Mora expressed in a 2006 interview with a Seattle radio station that he would drop any post, including his then-head coaching gig with the Atlanta Falcons, for a chance at coaching the Huskies. “If that job’s open, you’ll find me at the friggin’ head of the line with my resume in my hand ready to take that job,” Mora said

Mora will now be trying to beat them, as the No. 13 Bruins face off against the Huskies tonight at the Rose Bowl in a game that could be an an integral part of the Bruins’ quest for their third-straight Pac-12 title game berth.

“If you’re a UCLA fan, and you’re seeing this or you’re reading this, take the day off, buy something black, get out to the Rose Bowl, because it’s going to be an environment you don’t want to miss,” Mora said.

ctdk-blackout.jpg

th-annual-americafest-fireworks-show-to-light-up-night-sky-over-rose-bowl.jpg

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one can make powder blue look like it's not gay.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope y'all also hate UNC's colors

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas is expecting a good game. Think ima stay in tonight and watch. Go U-Dub

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be a really good game. Honestly, all hate aside, I look for UW to make some noise in this one and pull off the upset. I feel like they are the healthier team right now from top to bottom and their D line will impact this game from the beginning. The only way UCLA wins in my opinion is if KP fucks it up, which is possible. But this is essentially a homecoming for him and many others on UW's roster. KP is from Compton and maybe, just maybe he can pull himself out of the huge road woes he has had for his entire UW career.

If UCLA con control the line of scrimmage, it will be a long day for UW.

I feel like UW will win, but I cannot root for the Huskies. I am however, looking forward to a fun game to watch on an otherwise boring Friday night.

Have fun watching wiz, and all the other UW fans, good luck to you. And vitamike, good luck to you as well.