• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors vs. Raptors

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win tonight at home followed by two losses on the road to Houston and Memphis still keeps the Dubs above .500.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A win tonight at home followed by two losses on the road to Houston and Memphis still keeps the Dubs above .500.

I hadn't looked ahead on the schedule - going to be very interesting to see how we're able to compete with Memphis without Gasol. That is now a far more winnable game - he doesn't necessarily score a lot of points, but he is the center of both their offense and their defense.

Hoping we don't get complacent tonight - it should be a win, unless our guys take it for granted and play poorly.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't looked ahead on the schedule - going to be very interesting to see how we're able to compete with Memphis without Gasol. That is now a far more winnable game - he doesn't necessarily score a lot of points, but he is the center of both their offense and their defense.

Hoping we don't get complacent tonight - it should be a win, unless our guys take it for granted and play poorly.

Add a healthy JO to help on Randolph and we may be able to steal one. If AI comes back I think this is a winnable game. What I would really love to see against the Grizz would be having Barnes/Green at the 4. Let him guard Randolph and double the post immediately on his touches. If Prince goes for 20, that would be perfectly fine by me. On offense they wouldn't be able to guard us.

Houston isn't all that impressive early on either. Harden will get his, but it's how we defend against the drive and kick that will be most important. Terrence Jones is starting to look as good as I thought he would be coming out of Kentucky. Bogut can play Howard straight up and Speights is good for 6 fouls in the Hack-A-Howard situations. It will be stopping Parsons and Lin that may prove to be the most challenging.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are at home against a team tailor made for them. They'll win.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, tonight has trap game written all over it. Warriors will have to come out strong and fast tonight. Perimeter defense is going to have to be stellar tonight. No let ups.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add a healthy JO to help on Randolph and we may be able to steal one. If AI comes back I think this is a winnable game. What I would really love to see against the Grizz would be having Barnes/Green at the 4. Let him guard Randolph and double the post immediately on his touches. If Prince goes for 20, that would be perfectly fine by me. On offense they wouldn't be able to guard us.

Houston isn't all that impressive early on either. Harden will get his, but it's how we defend against the drive and kick that will be most important. Terrence Jones is starting to look as good as I thought he would be coming out of Kentucky. Bogut can play Howard straight up and Speights is good for 6 fouls in the Hack-A-Howard situations. It will be stopping Parsons and Lin that may prove to be the most challenging.
That would be funny if during the 4th quarter both teams traded fouls on Bogut and Howard to see who came out ahead.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be funny if during the 4th quarter both teams traded fouls on Bogut and Howard to see who came out ahead.

That's why having JO is such a huge bonus for us. He's shooting 77% from the free throw line this year and plays above average defense (which is great considering his age). Howard is much more integral to the Rockets. Without Bogut and Howard on the court (and Asik, who's terrible in his own right at FT's) the Warriors can be arguably better than the Rockets.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ric Bucher reports that Nedo has tweaked his ankle in warm ups. Went back to the locker room and has not returned. Who would have thought this could make such an impact this early in the year?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why having JO is such a huge bonus for us. He's shooting 77% from the free throw line this year and plays above average defense (which is great considering his age). Howard is much more integral to the Rockets. Without Bogut and Howard on the court (and Asik, who's terrible in his own right at FT's) the Warriors can be arguably better than the Rockets.

Agreed.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
City Sushi since you brought it up, I'd like to talk about DeMar DeRozan for a minute. I'm starting to get the feeling you were on the ESPN message board under a different alias... am I wrong?

It might have taken five years, but once again I hit the nail on the head in the NBA draft. Not thinking the Warriors had any chance to draft Stephen Curry, DeMar DeRozan was my pick for the Warriors in the draft that season.

DeRozan is averaging 22 PPG, 4 RPG and 3 APG this season. He's shooting 45% from the field, and has finally appeared to develop a three-pointer, shooting it at 39%.

The thing about DeMar most people don't know is he's primarily a mid range shooter which is a rarity in the NBA these days. One thing to add to that is he prefers the left side of the court.

Scouting Tips (because I am a scout): DeRozan is shooting 6-27 (22%) from the right baseline this season. If you couple that with the fact he shot 38% from there last year, expect to see the Warriors force him right and baseline all night long.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me add something to that. The Warriors don't want DeRozan taking it right all the way to the hoop, that's where he's at his best. Klay Thompson and company are going to have to be physical.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, no. Foolsense has decreed that the Ws will lose the next two, and he's NEVER wrong.

/sarcasm

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is the OP of a Warriors game thread, I am a bit disappointed.

Go Dubs!!!

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ric Bucher reports that Nedo has tweaked his ankle in warm ups. Went back to the locker room and has not returned. Who would have thought this could make such an impact this early in the year?

Frak me, Um... @ this point, we are basically out of options.

HB / Klay at the back up point for 10 minutes tonight? I don't want to see Steph out there for 40+ minutes.

Tony Douglas can hobble up and down the court for 5 mins if that will help.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to see if Steph can continue to be assertive tonight. They are going to need a huge pad when the bench comes in for the inevitable late 3rd/4th Q collapse. And please don't sit Bogut in the 4th if he's not in foul trouble.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby talkin' Magic... chuckle.

Hey Tobemiester, you could always just say I'm just planning for the worst, and hoping for the best.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget to spread the word. REFS U SUCK!... as soon as you see em!