• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Warriors vs Mavericks 12/11/13

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogut 8 boards in the 1st quarter of play already, 5 mins left.

Can he get to 20 boards tonight?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs shoot %25 in the 1st quarter, it was ugly

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the zone, that was a great first half.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most would point at this simply being a case of poor first quarter shooting, but the Dubs are still getting ripped at the other end by Dallas. There are only three guys in the current rotation that don't need much help checking their man (Bogut, Klat, Dray) with only Green being lock-down. The help defense in the first, for the most part, was frenetic and confused, so some players better man up and stay in front of their men if they want a W tonight.

On a positive note, nice run to end the half. Let's hope that they continue to build upon that momentum rather than pissing it away with silly turnovers to open the third quarter.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One important thing to say. " All I did that game was watch body language." That was the best effort of the season.
Build on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Fitzgerald asks what do you say about Stephen Curry?
Ali Bomaye!

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the boxscore, things that stick out to me

Mins played, HB 47, D. Lee 37, Bogut 34 + 0 Fouls -> look that up, when was the last time Bogut played 30 mins, and had 0 fouls called on him? , Steph 43 mins, Klay 35, D. Green 27.

Klay 3 for 14 from the field, not the best shooting night for him.

Bottom line is Dubs pulled one out, that's all that matters. Ellis 4, Dubs 1.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the boxscore, things that stick out to me

Mins played, HB 47, D. Lee 37, Bogut 34 + 0 Fouls -> look that up, when was the last time Bogut played 30 mins, and had 0 fouls called on him? , Steph 43 mins, Klay 35, D. Green 27.

Klay 3 for 14 from the field, not the best shooting night for him.

Bottom line is Dubs pulled one out, that's all that matters. Ellis 4, Dubs 1.

They actually played pretty good defnse for a change as well.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at last nights game. It was insane.

For 3 quarters the Warriors played some of the most terrible basketball I've seen this season. Sloppy, lazy and uninspired. Yet every time I looked up at the score, we were always within striking distance. Even when we were down at the lowest point (17, if I recall), I thought the Mavs looks just as unimpressive as we did. Couple good shooters rolls and we're right back in this thing.

I have to say this first and foremost...Mark Jackson coached a heck of a game. The 4th quarter of this game was probably the best I've seen him coach in his tenure with the team. 1st, he went with a smaller lineup to help offset the pick and rolls the Mavs were running. He made his guys switch on every play. That eliminated a lot of the mismatches the Mavs were getting on the offensive end. Jackson also substituted a ton for offense and defense. Draymond Green, Harrison Barnes, David Lee all took turns rotating in and out to get the best lineup out there possible. Lastly, he went with the hot hand. He benched Klay for almost the entire 4th and even pulled him after he showed he was still cold. Jackson then put him back in for Curry on D.

Curry was definitely the star of the game. The two unsung heroes were Bogut and Green. Bogut was a beast on the glass and Draymond is the Warriors version of a swiss army knife. Just going out there and doing whatever the team needs him to do.

Lastly, is it just me or has David Lee not been nearly as effective at finishing at the rim this year? The past 3 years with the Warriors, he was known for getting the ball in the basket. This year, he seems to be missing a lot of point blank looks? Am I reaching here or has anyone else noticed this too?

P.S. Shook Andre Ward's hand last night. I tried to get a picture with him but he was being hustled off by a dude in a suit. Probably Warriors PR. I saw him doing an interview with Bucher at one point by the baseline.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For 3 quarters the Warriors played some of the most terrible basketball I've seen this season. Sloppy, lazy and uninspired. Yet every time I looked up at the score, we were always within striking distance. Even when we were down at the lowest point (17, if I recall), I thought the Mavs looks just as unimpressive as we did. Couple good shooters rolls and we're right back in this thing.

I have to say this first and foremost...Mark Jackson coached a heck of a game. The 4th quarter of this game was probably the best I've seen him coach in his tenure with the team. 1st, he went with a smaller lineup to help offset the pick and rolls the Mavs were running. He made his guys switch on every play. That eliminated a lot of the mismatches the Mavs were getting on the offensive end. Jackson also substituted a ton for offense and defense. Draymond Green, Harrison Barnes, David Lee all took turns rotating in and out to get the best lineup out there possible. Lastly, he went with the hot hand. He benched Klay for almost the entire 4th and even pulled him after he showed he was still cold. Jackson then put him back in for Curry on D.

Curry was definitely the star of the game. The two unsung heroes were Bogut and Green. Bogut was a beast on the glass and Draymond is the Warriors version of a swiss army knife. Just going out there and doing whatever the team needs him to do.

Lastly, is it just me or has David Lee not been nearly as effective at finishing at the rim this year? The past 3 years with the Warriors, he was known for getting the ball in the basket. This year, he seems to be missing a lot of point blank looks? Am I reaching here or has anyone else noticed this too?

P.S. Shook Andre Ward's hand last night. I tried to get a picture with him but he was being hustled off by a dude in a suit. Probably Warriors PR. I saw him doing an interview with Bucher at one point by the baseline.

Green can be this, but Iguodala is this in spades (check the Grantland article). Need him back.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how Shawn Marion hits jumpers, his push shot has the worst thing ever seen on TV in the modern era.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect to Steph, he was arguably the lead culprit in regards to why the Warriors were climbing out of a hole in the first place, so I won't heap too much praise on him for doing his share to pull the team out. Better teams and teams on their night might not succumb to the Dubs' fourth quarter heroics as Dallas and Toronto have.

Without Draymond Green, the Warriors easily lose by double digits last night. Sometimes we seem to forget that there are two ends of the floor, and we fall in love with the point scorers. Dray was the MVP last night, as unlike Curry, his effort was consistent throughout.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect to Steph, he was arguably the lead culprit in regards to why the Warriors were climbing out of a hole in the first place, so I won't heap too much praise on him for doing his share to pull the team out. Better teams and teams on their night might not succumb to the Dubs' fourth quarter heroics as Dallas and Toronto have.

Without Draymond Green, the Warriors easily lose by double digits last night. Sometimes we seem to forget that there are two ends of the floor, and we fall in love with the point scorers. Dray was the MVP last night, as unlike Curry, his effort was consistent throughout.

Green brings a lot of nice qualities to the floor. If Iguodala ever comes back, he and Green spearhead a pretty good bench unless they move Barnes back there in which case he and Green will spearhead a pretty good bench.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

You're not reaching. Actually, he hasn't just been missing, he's flat-out air-balled a number of shots from under 3 feet. I can't even start to explain those.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Green brings a lot of nice qualities to the floor. If Iguodala ever comes back, he and Green spearhead a pretty good bench unless they move Barnes back there in which case he and Green will spearhead a pretty good bench.

Not sure if the idea that Iguodala comes off the bench with Barnes staying as a starter is serious, or sarcastic. That's certainly not happening, other than maybe for a game or two to ease Iguodala back in.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not reaching. Actually, he hasn't just been missing, he's flat-out air-balled a number of shots from under 3 feet. I can't even start to explain those.

Not that I totally disagree, D. Lee has had an below average offensive year , to his standards atleast.

But what I will say is, the general scheme this is has been

1) Iso's, Iso's, Iso's

2) Drive and Kick to a 3 point shooter

3) Steph running past halfcourt and chucking a 3point shot.

Fitz and JB said it best, when Iggy was in the lineup, Dubs were running and getting into transition more, I lost count how many times last night Dubs kept 4 men back to rebound and Steph was the one man fast break.

D.Lee hasn't had the best year, no doubt, but I counted atleast 3 times where he drove, and a point blank look, only to kick up to a shooter.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My perception on why "The Mighty" David Lee has been struggling (by his own standards).

A) He's been utilized a little differently this season. The Warriors have taken the three pointer to a whole new level by sacrificing their big's offensively essentially, by putting them setting screens for everyone else at about 27' from the basket in early offense. Their are facts to back this up...

Last season Lee and Bogut spent most of their time at the elbows.

B) In his isolation attempts, Lee is getting the ball on the block (extended). He's still beating opponents off the dribble (at an alarming rate for a power forward), trouble is his focus being on his first step is throwing off his balance on his fairly easy shot attempts (within 7'). I.E. No worries Dub Nation, he's just rushing his shots a little is all.

P.S. For the doubters of the way the Golden State Warriors played defense last night, and I mean all night.
Try catching a replay of that game. Like I said, all I watched was the Warriors players and coaches body language. There's not a team in the league that isn't going to watch the game tape of that game and not realize "someone awoke the sleeping giant." It started with the communication. Andrew Bogut took control of defensive play calling, but it wasn't just him, everyone kept their heads on a swivel, everyone was focused, everyone was threatening defensively. Their posture was picture perfect. They threw bodies into offensive players, they were the aggressor.

Whilst on the court not once did I see a Warrior hang their head. They found their swagger.

Yes, Mark Jackson even felt the energy in the arena and (by his own standards) lost it or rather let it out.

The players all had their game faces on. They even got involved with the bench coaches (something I had yet to see this season.)

Last night was the first time I've never looked at the score of the basketball game. Wasn't paying attention to how much they were down. Just knew.

Top it all off with the fact that I learned today, Stephen Curry only puts himself behind one person in the history of the game, when the game is on the line... Michael Jordan.

If I'm talking to fast for you... you can always go back and re-read it.

When all is said and done, my first glance at the schedule this season, when I said to myself 72-10 (The Bulls), it wasn't just my perception. If Stephen Curry can mention himself in the same breath as Michael Jordan, and Andre Igguodala see's himself as Scottie Pippen, and Draymond Green plays defense like Dennis Rodman (That's what he did last night,better even...on a sprained ankle), and we have four more All-Star candidates to talk about...That's Magic.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post game interview revealed Stephen Curry's thoughts...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l72IZMfh1yw]B.o.B - Ready ft. Future [Official Video] - YouTube[/ame]

Okay, maybe not just Curry's.