• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ware a Bronco

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tebow trade obviously still stings.....lol

I'm guessing all this guy did was look at the final score, and drew conclusions from there.

Still, I don't understand the amount of vitriol Manning gets "because he only won one SB". Hell, there are HOF QB's who have NO rings at all, and have worse playoff records (Cough.... Dan Marino.... Cough). It's like Manning is being held to a much higher standard than the rest of the QB's in the NFL. Heck, I don't even think Jim Kelly heard criticism as bad as Manning gets now. :noidea:

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, I don't understand the amount of vitriol Manning gets "because he only won one SB". Hell, there are HOF QB's who have NO rings at all, and have worse playoff records (Cough.... Dan Marino.... Cough). It's like Manning is being held to a much higher standard than the rest of the QB's in the NFL. Heck, I don't even think Jim Kelly heard criticism as bad as Manning gets now.
noidea.gif

I am guessing people are becoming a little spoiled in this age of football. They see Eli Manning and Ben Rothelisberger getting 2 SB rings, Brady getting 3, Flacco and Russell each getting 1 and begin to wonder how those lesser QBs (save Brady) are able to win so easily but Manning can barely get back there let alone win it. Too many people place too much emphasis on the QB position rather than the team as a whole and blame that person for the losses and give them credit for wins. They fail to notice that the teams that win conferences and SBs tend to be those that are the most balanced. Teams that have good defense, good offense and good special teams rather than great defense or great offense.

The colts won a lot of division titles because their division has been, historically, weak as well as a great offense and struggled in the playoffs because they heavily invested in a Manning offense rather than shoring up the defense. When you get to the playoffs every team has a good defense or offense. I think it is the team that has both that wins it all. The defensive bears could not get the SB, the great patriots and broncos offenses missed. People forget this is a team game and being great in one facet will never get you a SB.