• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wanted, big fat guys

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only way i would take Okung back is if he plays RT lmao, we need a stud at LT and Okung is not even close to that. He is an average Left Tackle with well below average durability and maybe he could be a slightly above average RT. Fant at times plays at Okung level no joke, at times he just stonewalls people with his athleticism but more often than not he is just out right owned. He is not strong enough right now and relies on his athletic ability but that's just not enough. more time and better coaching could turn him into a average at best LT But do we have the talent level at coaching to get him there? i have my doubts.

Glowinski has looked ok but he is not a piece to build around but a piece to replace. He would make a good Back-up at LG not a starter Quality player. Team needs another starter at Guard and 2 Starters on the ends and i just don't see them finding that in the upcoming draft. The one thing we have seen is the Hawks lack scouting ability for offensive line players. We have seen this Oline get worse and worse EVERY DAMN YEAR and it started in 2012 in my opinion. 2013 they played well enough but worse than 2012, they allowed us to win a superbowl despite the lack of ability. With the line we have now.... yeah i can not see any team even with one of the most mobile QB's in the NFL like Wilson win much of anything. Win totals will continue to drop until something is done.

12: 11-5
13: 13-3
14: 12-4
15: 10-6
16: 10-5-1

This team was LUCKY to have 10 wins this season, If they continue on this path we could see 9-7 or worse 8-8, 7-9 next year. Offensive production has fell just as fast as the Oline and yes they are tied together hand and hand.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you either trust that J + P have a plan, and are following it, or you don't. The two are either brilliant and deserve their accolades, or just lucky, and need to be fired to bring in some real front office talent.

Maybe Tim Ruskell is available?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now there is a GM i hated with a passion, Mister band-aid himself. I was a TR basher from day 1 and people hated me for it saying i had no clue what i was talking about.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now there is a GM i hated with a passion, Mister band-aid himself. I was a TR basher from day 1 and people hated me for it saying i had no clue what i was talking about.

I had a soft spot for him, since he came out of the CFL, but he was in over his head.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go.

:thumper:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that people want to see the big splash that will say that our line is now immediately better, but I just don't think that the Seahawks will do it. I've already discussed how our draft spot will make it difficult to find a LT, and even a RT would be no guarantee to come in right away. We could be looking at FAs, but I just don't see it happening, or at least not with anything more substantial than a Sowell or a Webb.

Gilliam and Sowell are both on expiring contracts, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them both gone. But, after those 2, we have a lot of young linemen, who if they work on their game this offseason could actually improve. Not saying it will happen, but I just don't see much by way of moves going to the line. The Seahawks are committed to build their line from the inside, and I just don't think they'll abandon it after one season, especially since I really don't see them bringing back Gilliam or Sowell.

Right now, I think the line would have to be looked at going forward like this:

LT Fant
LG Glowinski
C Britt
RG Ifedi
RT Odhiambo

With Britt being the oldest (25), this is a line that will once again be one of the youngest in the NFL. I would hope these 5 would find some way to spend their off-season together working on becoming a cohesive unit, and fixing their shortcomings.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that people want to see the big splash that will say that our line is now immediately better, but I just don't think that the Seahawks will do it. I've already discussed how our draft spot will make it difficult to find a LT, and even a RT would be no guarantee to come in right away. We could be looking at FAs, but I just don't see it happening, or at least not with anything more substantial than a Sowell or a Webb.

Gilliam and Sowell are both on expiring contracts, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them both gone. But, after those 2, we have a lot of young linemen, who if they work on their game this offseason could actually improve. Not saying it will happen, but I just don't see much by way of moves going to the line. The Seahawks are committed to build their line from the inside, and I just don't think they'll abandon it after one season, especially since I really don't see them bringing back Gilliam or Sowell.

Right now, I think the line would have to be looked at going forward like this:

LT Fant
LG Glowinski
C Britt
RG Ifedi
RT Odhiambo

With Britt being the oldest (25), this is a line that will once again be one of the youngest in the NFL. I would hope these 5 would find some way to spend their off-season together working on becoming a cohesive unit, and fixing their shortcomings.

This is the key right here. Part of the problem this year is that, whether because of injury or ineffectiveness, they haven't been able to settle on a five-man unit to put out there for more than a couple weeks at a time. The faster they pick a starting 5 this offseason, the sooner those five guys can get to work on jelling and working as a unit. I fully expect competition to be brought in at both tackle spots, but ideally, our two starting tackles for next season are already on the roster and have already put some time in with the other three starters. If they're intent on continuing their pattern of paying the offensive line the least amount of money in the league collectively, then the improvement is going to have to come from the players we already have.

Now, if they decided to spend a bit more money on the offensive line and did that by making a trade for a veteran left tackle fairly soon after the season ends, they can get that continuity going in the offseason and they wouldn't have to rely on relatively inexperienced players at both tackle spots again next year, but until we hear otherwise, this looks like something that is going to have to be equal parts player willingness to put in a lot of work in the offseason to jell and coaching staff willingness to put a starting five together early and let them work together as much as possible before next season starts.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you either trust that J + P have a plan, and are following it, or you don't. The two are either brilliant and deserve their accolades, or just lucky, and need to be fired to bring in some real front office talent.

Look at you and your black and white bs. This isnt all or nothing. Carroll is a defensive coach and a very very good one at it. His main fault is extreme loyalty. He has let bevell and cable control the offense even going as far as letting cable decide who we draft in the OL. This hasnt worked and if we go in with the same offense next year we likely end up with 9 wins or less.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting idea, but let me throw this out there. ELITE athletes sometimes make terrible coaches.

Wayne Gretzky comes to mind.

Because they're great they have trouble communicating to players how to do stuff that came easily to them. Conversely some of the worst players make the best coaches, because they had to do all the little things in order to even get to play.
Yep, totally agree. Elites of the sport hardly ever get into coaching. They step on the field and were better than 95% of everyone else without having to think about it, so they are just not dialed in on what it takes for most players to rise above the others. How good someone was as a player hardly ever determines how well they can coach. Different skillsets.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team was LUCKY to have 10 wins this season, If they continue on this path we could see 9-7 or worse 8-8, 7-9 next year. Offensive production has fell just as fast as the Oline and yes they are tied together hand and hand.
I didn't feel we were all that lucky when Rawls got hurt early in the year, then hurt again later in the year after he came back. Or when RW got hurt week 1. Then again week 3 with even a worse injury than the one he already had. Didn't feel too lucky when Haush missed the chip shot in OT vs Arizona. Or when Prosise got hurt early in the year, then hurt again later after he came back. Kam missing 4 games wasn't too lucky, same when Bennett missed a few. ET and Lockett both breaking their legs. Now that I look at all that, I guess it was it sorta lucky we won only 10.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at you and your black and white bs. This isnt all or nothing. Carroll is a defensive coach and a very very good one at it. His main fault is extreme loyalty. He has let bevell and cable control the offense even going as far as letting cable decide who we draft in the OL. This hasnt worked and if we go in with the same offense next year we likely end up with 9 wins or less.

It's YOU who's Mr. Black and White. I'm quite comfortable with shades of grey.

Again, according to YOUR logic, Pete has to be incompetent. Because of 'loyalty.' If Cable sucks as bad as you say, that's incompetence on Pete's part.

I don't agree with 'extreme loyalty' anyway. A lack of extreme loyalty is EXACTLY why Seattle is a favored location for undrafted FA's. Because they know they'll get a fair shake. That Seattle won't be blindly loyal to aging vets.

I AGREE it's not 'all or nothing.' AGAIN, I've said repeatedly, go ahead and fire Cable or Bevell, I'm A-OK with doing that. Just do it right. Do it in the off-season, and have a plan in place to replace him with either a proven vet coach or a wunderkind kid.

It's YOU who wails and gnashes his teeth, and predicts dire consequences and the franchise falling off the edge of the earth into the abyss.

Do you trust P+J, or don't you?

Don't take it out on me that you've painted yourself into a logical corner.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not hypocrisy to say on one hand carroll is a defensive genius, and on the other hand his misguided loyalty for a couple of clowns in bevell and cable is his fatal flaw.

And its not up to me as a fan to pick their replacments, but as a fan i am fully justified in calling for their heads.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not hypocrisy to say on one hand carroll is a defensive genius, and on the other hand his misguided loyalty for a couple of clowns in bevell and cable is his fatal flaw.

And its not up to me as a fan to pick their replacments, but as a fan i am fully justified in calling for their heads.

Right, his FATAL flaw, so the guy is incompetent, and just got lucky so far.

And of course, it's everybody's 'right' to just blather noise.

Just like it's my right to fart in the general direction of said noise.

2b9.gif

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, his FATAL flaw, so the guy is incompetent, and just got lucky so far.

And of course, it's everybody's 'right' to just blather noise.

Just like it's my right to fart in the general direction of said noise.

2b9.gif

Any sane person can see carroll is not incompetent, but also can see our offense is pure garbage and totally inept. Those two are not mutually exclusive like you seem to think.

Its not black and white

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any sane person can see carroll is not incompetent, but also can see our offense is pure garbage and totally inept. Those two are not mutually exclusive like you seem to think.

Its not black and white

If he's head coach, the buck stops with him (or with Schneider). So if the offense is 'pure garbage and totally inept,' then that's on them.

If a THIRD of the team is 'garbage and inept,' then... LOGICALLY, they're garbage and inept.

You can't have it both ways.

OR, perhaps Cable and Bevell aren't as bad as you think, and then Pete and John's loyalty makes more sense.

Heh.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't feel we were all that lucky when Rawls got hurt early in the year, then hurt again later in the year after he came back. Or when RW got hurt week 1. Then again week 3 with even a worse injury than the one he already had. Didn't feel too lucky when Haush missed the chip shot in OT vs Arizona. Or when Prosise got hurt early in the year, then hurt again later after he came back. Kam missing 4 games wasn't too lucky, same when Bennett missed a few. ET and Lockett both breaking their legs. Now that I look at all that, I guess it was it sorta lucky we won only 10.

Then you were not paying attention all season. Behind this line we are LUCKY Wilson wasn't lost for the season or KILLED. Behind this line We are Lucky to have averaged a mere 22.1 PPG and not just 10, We are Lucky to have 10 wins on a team with No Rushing attack, We are LUCKY we beat the Pats on the road or we would only have 9 wins. We are Lucky that the Cards shit the bed this season, even though we did not beat them ONE TIME this season and we still won the division. We are Lucky that we have Richardson still healthy to play for Lockett even though they keep starting and throwing to Kearse. We are Lucky to have Avril but they pay Bennett. We are Lucky that Kam is on the field now that we lost Thomas. We are Lucky to have some light in the RB tunnel with CJ as Rawls is not the "Superstar" so many of you thought he was. We are Lucky to be in the playoffs because we are lucky enough to have a team that plays in the NFC West.

With the way they have played all season the wins against Atlanta and the Patriots were lucky breaks. Heck the opening Home win against the phins was lucky and we are lucky they did not lose to the 49ers ( 25-23 OUCH )

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you were not paying attention all season. Behind this line we are LUCKY Wilson wasn't lost for the season or KILLED. Behind this line We are Lucky to have averaged a mere 22.1 PPG and not just 10, We are Lucky to have 10 wins on a team with No Rushing attack, We are LUCKY we beat the Pats on the road or we would only have 9 wins. We are Lucky that the Cards shit the bed this season, even though we did not beat them ONE TIME this season and we still won the division. We are Lucky that we have Richardson still healthy to play for Lockett even though they keep starting and throwing to Kearse. We are Lucky to have Avril but they pay Bennett. We are Lucky that Kam is on the field now that we lost Thomas. We are Lucky to have some light in the RB tunnel with CJ as Rawls is not the "Superstar" so many of you thought he was. We are Lucky to be in the playoffs because we are lucky enough to have a team that plays in the NFC West.

With the way they have played all season the wins against Atlanta and the Patriots were lucky breaks. Heck the opening Home win against the phins was lucky and we are lucky they did not lose to the 49ers ( 25-23 OUCH )
This entire post is a great example of why it's always pretty useless to talk about "luck", which was sorta my overall point. High five.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's head coach, the buck stops with him (or with Schneider). So if the offense is 'pure garbage and totally inept,' then that's on them.

If a THIRD of the team is 'garbage and inept,' then... LOGICALLY, they're garbage and inept.

You can't have it both ways.

OR, perhaps Cable and Bevell aren't as bad as you think, and then Pete and John's loyalty makes more sense.

Heh.

You must be right, bevell is really a good OC, thats why teams are knocking the door down to hire him for HC.

Oh, right, your flawed logic has that nailed down too. Hes a beta male! Laughable bs. Does it ever get old twisting in the wind?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be right, bevell is really a good OC, thats why teams are knocking the door down to hire him for HC.

Oh, right, your flawed logic has that nailed down too. Hes a beta male! Laughable bs. Does it ever get old twisting in the wind?

I'll ask you that. Does it ever get old baying at the moon, and having your advice ignored?

The Bevell theory wasn't MY theory btw, it was something I heard listening to Hawks podcasts. <shrug>

Flawed logic, that's rich.

I'm not the one tying myself in knots so I can explain how the brain-trust of the team can be both brilliant AND stupid enough to hire incompetent employees.