• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vs Quacks

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Nolan is horrible! So frustrating
I think he is fine, I like that he still has some potential and that he drops the gloves. I think if he had more play time his hands would catch up to what he is trying to do

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Nolan better than King. Skills wise he isn't that great, but that isn't saying much considering we are comparing him to D-White King, he of frustration madness. Kings is way more skilled than Nolan but what good is it if he doesn't use it, and that includes his size and the intimidation factor.

I'd rather start giving Nolan more time, as you said, to see what he can do because he has bite to his game even though he and King are both big boys. Nolan does not hesitate to stand up for himself or his teammates, King gives off that creeper stare and hopes the opposition will run away. He should do kids' birthday parties on the side and scare the bejesus out of them like clowns do.

King is a softie and you never know what you will get out of him one game to the next.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come Clifford doesn't play more? Every time he's out there he creates energy with his deceptive speed and physical play. I feel like he could really create some space from other players, I wonder why he only plays like 2 shifts per game.

I'd love to see him get a few shits with Kopitar-Gaborik when they're both healthy. I'd just like to see it, and if it's terrible, then at least now we (I) know.

Gaborik-Kopitar-Clifford
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli (Why they don't use this line every year is beyond me).
Setoguchi-Down-Brown
King-Lewis-Nolan

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Clifford could be a decent second liner if he were given the chance but when you have guys like Toffoli and Pearson there it's a no brainer no matter how much you like Clifford (and I love the guy). He simply is not as talented as those two but he does bring a level of energy not seen in the T6 and for a B6 guy generates a lot of chances already. He was pretty noticeable the last 2 games, including Anaheim, and he ran all over the Oilers (but it IS the Oilers).

If I recall, in the latter stages of rebuild completion (2009? 2010?) he had some time on the first line with Kopitar and has moved up and down the lineup at times, but he needs to show more (offensively) than he has to justify that. He is a decent stop gap on the T6 but not justifiably a long term solution there.

Sure will be nice to get Kopitar, Gaborik and Quick back soon - I was hoping the Kings would bat .500-600 with them out to hold the fort, and they have done that. Getting these 3 back should really give the team a boost. Needed too, since the historical December slide is almost here.

PS - speaking of the Quacks, loved how Fox doesn't miss a beat any time the Kings play Kesler (even when he was in Vancouver) and calls him out for his diving. He was all over him when Greene (?) took him down and he went down pretty easy.

The Mike Richards Tumble from 2011-12 is classic, vintage Ryan Kesler. Makes me a bit ashamed to say he is a US born player much like Dustin Brown, although Brown's antics have diminished considerably the last 3-4 years (but so has his play).

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing about the douche named Kesler - whenever he scores and he does that stupid backwards Captain Morgan while taunting the crowd on the road I am hoping someone will put a stick on at the back of his blade and watch him eat shit.

I can dream.

=)~~

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the season rests on Kopitar/Gabs coming back and being effective. Budaj has been good, but not even close to the problem.