• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: VS Panthers

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call this a must win, but the Kings need to start winning so the games don't become must wins. Panthers are a solid club these days and have some young speedy guys so it could prove difficult. I think the Kings win this one tho.

GO KINGS GO!

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Budjai to start, could be a situation where we play Budjai the rest of the way till Quick comes back.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got home and turned on the game, 0-1....dang

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muzzin falls down then screens Budaj...0-2

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King with the huge surprised "did I just score" look haha 1-2

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The king goal looked like goalie interference.
But the refs disagree with me again

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pearson great moves...2-2

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The king goal looked like goalie interference.
But the refs disagree with me again

How was it goalie interference in your eyes? Dowd was hit hard, hard enough that he toppled the player he was hit into and then fell on top of that player....they had barely finished falling when the puck was shot in....that's my take anyways

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was it goalie interference in your eyes? Dowd was hit hard, hard enough that he toppled the player he was hit into and then fell on top of that player....they had barely finished falling when the puck was shot in....that's my take anyways
It doesn't have to be intentional to be goalie interference
There are two rules.
Under one it says it is not interference if the player is forced into the goalie

And one that says any interference with the ability for the goalie to play the puck should disallow the goal.

The first one is usually used to determine a penalty but, sometimes is used to allow a goal.
It depends on the refs. I have seen it called both ways. I was surprised that they went with the more generous ruling.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok but they where just laying in front of him from a hockey play, not pushing him and the puck came from a place he could actually move to if he wasn't looking around for the puck

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and 15s into the 3rd 2-3

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly how I saw it, I took my boys to the game tonight and we were in PR12 to the left of Luongo in the second.

I think it was Shore who got leveled and he fell back into a defender and both of them went into Luongo. That sequence was created by a Florida defenseman so when they announced it was under review I had no doubt it would count. And when I saw it was King, it was hard for me to fathom how this clown somehow scored 15 goals 3-4 seasons ago.

Listened to Kings Talk on the ride home (jumped in the Express Lanes on the 110S to the 91E and every few miles my FasTrak transmitter was going off. Am I going to be charged for every friggin single one of those?) and Niickson pretty much stated what I have been thinking (not sure if some of you have either) that Budaj has hit a wall from playing so much. Two stoppable goals against again tonight but because Shitkoff sucks the Kings have to keep playing him. I think we will see Budaj tomorrow again, big game for both teams.

And with tonight, all four of my kids officially attended their first hockey games (Pucky Jr II's first tonight - I don't think he is a fan) and all 4 times the Kings have lost - Opening Night 2006, Vancouver 2011 with Loco and tonight with Florida.

Bastards.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fast track arrgghh
First happy bday puck
Ok I live in mission viejo now. I work 7 miles from the freeway off Ortega highway
There was a landslide under the road a while ago.
So my normal 23 minute drive to work turned into 2hours
241 to 91 to 15 to lake Elsinore to work on Ortega
Tolls are going to suck when they come in.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fast track arrgghh
First happy bday puck
Ok I live in mission viejo now. I work 7 miles from the freeway off Ortega highway
There was a landslide under the road a while ago.
So my normal 23 minute drive to work turned into 2hours
241 to 91 to 15 to lake Elsinore to work on Ortega
Tolls are going to suck when they come in.

This has also ruined my life the past 6 weeks. Because of the diverted traffic, everyone is on the 5 or the 405, then over to the 57 or 605. Been crazy.

Thursday was just crazy too with that lady walking down the middle lane of the 5 where the 5 and 133 connect. She was struck/killed and all of Orange County was closed off for 3 hours.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want to post last night because that was one of the more frustrating games that I can remember watching in a long time. The Kings actually looked pretty good, and controlled play for long swells, but where great teams find a way to win, this team is finding ways to lose.

I thought Kopitar looked good (He is pretty much just cursed at this point, because that was a really nice power move he made in the 2nd period, and he would have scored, if he didn't get hooked). But the ensuing power play was what we've all come to expect, prototypical "Sandwich Time". Might as well go make a sandwich, because nothing is going to happen.

Pearson's goal was really nice, and Brown played well, but the other guys left a lot to be desired. Clifford might actually be a right-handed, and no one told him, because his hands are atrocious. Muzzin falls down on the 2nd goal and then scrambles to get up just in time to screen his own goaltender. I know Muzzin has redeeming qualities, but man does he consistently goof every 5 games or so.

You guys might be right, that Budaj has been played into the ground and might be tired (Which is 100% my worry with Quick because Sutter did that to Kiprussoff in Calgary, and the dude retired relatively early. Same could be said for playing Doughty a million minutes a game). I can't really say those goals were bad, but he just hasn't made the big save we're used to.

This team really needs a shot in the arm because their confidence just feel like it's there right now. Whether that is Quick coming back or some other element, I don't know. I really didn't hear Kempe's name mentioned, but you guys/someone said he was already in Sutter's doghouse and was benched for a lot of that game.

At least a lot of the teams the Kings are battling, are also struggling to win, but eventually this team will need to string together some wins. Edmonton winning in Chicago yesterday was pretty huge.