• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Von Miller is back in the building!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems weird to be upset about beating a team by 16 points but I guess when you are watching greatness on a weekly basis it is hard not to get too ahead of yourself. On a great note for this coming week we get the two main pieces of our defense back in Woodyard (yes I do think he is our 2nd most important player on defense since he is the captain and the play caller) and Von Miller from suspension. Hopefully these two can get this defense back on track (although only giving up 12 points this past weekend really isn't that bad of defense considering our offense had what 4 turnovers).

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems weird to be upset about beating a team by 16 points but I guess when you are watching greatness on a weekly basis it is hard not to get too ahead of yourself. On a great note for this coming week we get the two main pieces of our defense back in Woodyard (yes I do think he is our 2nd most important player on defense since he is the captain and the play caller) and Von Miller from suspension. Hopefully these two can get this defense back on track (although only giving up 12 points this past weekend really isn't that bad of defense considering our offense had what 4 turnovers).

some will say "well it was the jaguars though" but I thought Henne played pretty darn well...certainly a lot better than Gabbert has been playing.

But I think its no secret our Defense has not been playing well at all, they will need to be significantly better for the long run. I agree, I think Woodward is just as important to our defense as Miller is truthfully.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some will say "well it was the jaguars though" but I thought Henne played pretty darn well...certainly a lot better than Gabbert has been playing.

I don't know why there is even a question about Gabbert or Henne. I was hoping Gabbert would be healthy for yesterday's game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha just doesn't quite seem right when you are hoping that the starter at QB plays instead of his back up. I agree Henne is so much better than Gabbert. Honestly there was a time when Henne was on the market that I was hoping the Broncos would pick him up.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True True cd. What really perplexed me most and especially after C. Shorts went out with injury, why the hell didn`t Del Rio put two guys on Blackmon? I don`t get it. They played him soft, never jammed him and never any help from safties,etc. It was obvious who Henne would be looking for and lo and behold, heres Blackmon and nobody within 5 yds of him. Hmnnn,,,,Just frustrated the crap out of me!!

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why there is even a question about Gabbert or Henne. I was hoping Gabbert would be healthy for yesterday's game.

I agree, but then again i'm not convinced that Gabbert was truly unable to play. I think the Jags just really wanted better QB play. I dont think there is a QB in the league playing worse than Gabbert. With Henne/Blackmon/ and MJD their offense really isnt bad.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but then again i'm not convinced that Gabbert was truly unable to play. I think the Jags just really wanted better QB play. I dont think there is a QB in the league playing worse than Gabbert. With Henne/Blackmon/ and MJD their offense really isnt bad.

I'm hoping they go on to at put up at least 24 or so points next week against the Chargers. Maybe then I won't feel so bad about our defensive performance. Ultimately it's points that matter, and the Broncos allowed only 13, with 3 of them coming off a turnover on a short field just outside of FG range. All told it wasn't a horrible performance.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping they go on to at put up at least 24 or so points next week against the Chargers. Maybe then I won't feel so bad about our defensive performance. Ultimately it's points that matter, and the Broncos allowed only 13, with 3 of them coming off a turnover on a short field just outside of FG range. All told it wasn't a horrible performance.

I agree, but people keep talking about offenses "jelling", we had some d players yesterday that both, havnt played all season, and the middle linebacker who hasnt played for us at all..some fill in d-backs...no chance that they could be a cohesive unit..this was one of the best defenses in the NFL last year and they upgraded some critical positions since then. there is no reason to believe that they cant become as good as they need to be.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True True cd. What really perplexed me most and especially after C. Shorts went out with injury, why the hell didn`t Del Rio put two guys on Blackmon? I don`t get it. They played him soft, never jammed him and never any help from safties,etc. It was obvious who Henne would be looking for and lo and behold, heres Blackmon and nobody within 5 yds of him. Hmnnn,,,,Just frustrated the crap out of me!!

Honestly randymon yes I was not happy about the play calling on defense but the team played very vanilla on both sides of the ball this past game. I think also it was a good opportunity for Champ to really be tested quite a bit and really knock off all that rust. I would rather he struggle yesterday than this next Sunday for sure. I think the Bronco defense yesterday didn't have that aggressive mentality that we are used to in they definitely played a just keep everything in front of you type of game. At times it almost felt like they went into a prevent defense. My guess with Von coming back that will not be the case. Even more than that getting Woodyard back will be huge. I think yesterday was a showing that Del Rio struggles to trust the defense to actually do what he wants without Woodyard on the field. Von is the game changer on this defense but Woodyard is the heart of the whole thing.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dead on and was thinking the same thing.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos were without Von, Ayers, and even for part of this game Phillips so almost all of the pass rush this team has was gone for that game. The easiest way to let a team back in the game is to give up the big play so because the big play is about the only thing standing between the Broncos and victory it makes sense to make the Jaguars have to march the full length of the field and see if they will make a mistake at some point. Honestly it did not surprise me to see them play this way.

We all know this is not the usual way the Broncos have played under Del Rio and my guess is with Von, Ayers, and Phillips all back for this next game the Broncos will play a lot more press man coverage.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't understand why some of you place so much importance on how many passing yards this defense gives up as an indicator of their performance and can completely ignore the red zone stats, 3rd down conversions and most importantly SCORING.

Aside from the Cowboys game, we have won by an average margin of 20.8 points per game. The defense can play a "bend don't break" philosophy, much like the Manning led Colts. As long as the offense is not turning over the football to provide scoring opportunities on short fields, we can dictate how the pace of the game will go and limit what our opponents can do.

The Cowboys game and Jaguars game showed that we need the leadership of Woodyard in there and the pass rush that Von MIller provides on a consistent basis.

I could care less how many passing yards Henne had and receiving yards Blackmon had or how many rushing yards MJD had.

As long as they were coming up empty in the red zone more often than not, that is a formula for winning.

Teams will pass more against us for a number of reasons. They are usually playing from behind and forced to pass. The Cowboys showed that our secondary has holes in coverage with enough time given to the QB to find the open man but I expect that to tighten up when the defense is at full strength and we can generate a consistent pass rush.

Sure, move the chains with the passing game,, but teh field gets smaller in the red zone and it is not as easy to get open.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't understand why some of you place so much importance on how many passing yards this defense gives up as an indicator of their performance and can completely ignore the red zone stats, 3rd down conversions and most importantly SCORING.

Aside from the Cowboys game, we have won by an average margin of 20.8 points per game. The defense can play a "bend don't break" philosophy, much like the Manning led Colts. As long as the offense is not turning over the football to provide scoring opportunities on short fields, we can dictate how the pace of the game will go and limit what our opponents can do.

The Cowboys game and Jaguars game showed that we need the leadership of Woodyard in there and the pass rush that Von MIller provides on a consistent basis.

I could care less how many passing yards Henne had and receiving yards Blackmon had or how many rushing yards MJD had.

As long as they were coming up empty in the red zone more often than not, that is a formula for winning.

Teams will pass more against us for a number of reasons. They are usually playing from behind and forced to pass. The Cowboys showed that our secondary has holes in coverage with enough time given to the QB to find the open man but I expect that to tighten up when the defense is at full strength and we can generate a consistent pass rush.

Sure, move the chains with the passing game,, but teh field gets smaller in the red zone and it is not as easy to get open.

:10::agree:

Come on, people the Broncos defense gave up 13 points to the Jaguars. They didn't get decimated.

Can we at least see how the defense does with everyone playing before we decide just how good or bad they really are?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to some of the interviews over the last couple of days and reporters who have been watching practice and they all speak about how the return of Von Miller already has the defense looking so much better. Champ talked about how he changes the whole game plan of how they attack a defense. Woodyard talked about the boost in energy that he brings to this defense and how he has looked really good in coverage and getting after the quarterback.

I guess I am saying I cannot wait to see how this defense looks come Sunday Night!!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to some of the interviews over the last couple of days and reporters who have been watching practice and they all speak about how the return of Von Miller already has the defense looking so much better. Champ talked about how he changes the whole game plan of how they attack a defense. Woodyard talked about the boost in energy that he brings to this defense and how he has looked really good in coverage and getting after the quarterback.

I guess I am saying I cannot wait to see how this defense looks come Sunday Night!!

Same here. I won't be at all surprised if it becomes apparent quickly how much better the defense is with Miller playing. I think he is likely to make a very forceful return to the team. Figures to be a great game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much do you think they let him play this first game? Just pass rush situations...or does he actually start?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much do you think they let him play this first game? Just pass rush situations...or does he actually start?

My guess is that he starts, but he might get a few plays off that he normally wouldn't, all depending on how he's holding up.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a weird week for King, hopefully he clears waivers and can make it back to our PS

Last edited by a moderator:

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Can't help but wonder what Elway's been drinking this week. First, I doubt King clears, as the Packers may still want him. Second, if I were him, I'd prolly not want to come back.