• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Volkswagon of America!!

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My oh my how the ebb-n-flow of the American made auto industry may be headed in. Big UofA vote to unionize down in Chatanoogie, Tenn @ the existing Volkswagon plant. The Company is asking it's workers IF they want to join a union, with their blessing no doubt. Could help change all those "right to work state" foreign/domestic auto plants located in the south too. Grover Nortwist, da gubnor and the right wing Tenn legislators are fuming and quaking in their booties about it too...:laugh3:

Bottom line...

I am impressed with the integrity of THIS multi-international/American Corporation and how it views it's work force.

Tinkle I'll buy a VW next time I need a new scooter car.

"Built by the American worker for the American worker" :yahoo:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My oh my how the ebb-n-flow of the American made auto industry may be headed in. Big UofA vote to unionize down in Chatanoogie, Tenn @ the existing Volkswagon plant. The Company is asking it's workers IF they want to join a union, with their blessing no doubt. Could help change all those "right to work state" foreign/domestic auto plants located in the south too. Grover Nortwist, da gubnor and the right wing Tenn legislators are fuming and quaking in their booties about it too...:laugh3:

Bottom line...

I am impressed with the integrity of THIS multi-international/American Corporation and how it views it's work force.

CALLAHAN-AUTO-PARTS-T-SHIRT-FUNNY-T-SHIRTS.jpg
?

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just FYI, it's Volkswagen

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time is "almost here" kids! Last day of Unionizing vote is today.

THIS story is probably the biggest in the country right now, unreported that is...outside of Bengahzi of course...:laugh3:

In my OP, hope those workers go UofA and their BEST interest in labor negotiations for the future.

Love the the Tenn politics also...fuckers down there are "imploding".

Couldn't happen on a better day than Valentines Day...here's to you and yours "UNION" workers...:suds:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/14/us-autos-vw-election-idUSBREA1D1DP20140214

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Company is asking it's workers IF they want to join a union

It was my understanding that if someone initiates a vote for becoming a Union, the company has no way to stop it. I'm sure Volkswagen wasn't proactive about offering a union to it's workers.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was my understanding that if someone initiates a vote for becoming a Union, the company has no way to stop it. I'm sure Volkswagen wasn't proactive about offering a union to it's workers.

Company would rather work with a union than not. Germany is a "pro-union" country and is leading the EU despite being so.

Go figure...

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't VW invented by Hitler?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It got voted down.
:laugh3:
Those workers aren't as dumb as some people wanted them to be.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bottom line...

Lulz at people who can't handle their own business and need another grown man to do their negotiating.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for them. They won't need to be replaced by robots or Chinee. Now I really do want a Phaeton.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:LUnions. The Pace Car:laugh3:
sh1.jpg

sh2.jpg

sh3.jpg

Attachments

• sh4.jpg
    sh4.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 94

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I gathered, VW was pushing it because in their Europlants, they have a "worker's council" with corporate and blue collars that work on issues together. But because of how shit is set up here in the States, for that to happen, the UAW would have to be involved. So in essence, the company can't work with its workers without the middleman (UAW). Which is stupid but still. Probably best that it got voted down. I'm sure it wouldn't have worked as smoothly as VW thought it would once the UAW got its hands on everything

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't VW invented by Hitler?

Hitler gave Ferdinand Porsche a directive to design & build a car that the common German citizen could afford, & poured large amounts of Govt. money into the factory where it was to be built. The notion that he "invented" what would become the VW Beatle comes from a rough initial sketch of a car that he gave to Porsche, which bears a slight resemblance to the final product.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually I like to wait until "the fat lady sings or the dust settles", however it appears that "outside forces" namely a "sitting" US Senator, da gub of Tenn and a State senator have been "meddling" into a private Corporation's worker rights to unionize. Lying to it's citizens about what's going on at the plant. Just who are the "thugs" in this situation? The Union or the elected officials? Guess the latter is going to get "fettered out" by a law enacted decades ago just for such situations.

Wow and I thought the GOP was ALL ABOUT "no government intrusion", guess not as the NLRB is now involved in this mess.

Looks to me like a "revote" will be soon done again. In case you don't know, the unionization of the plant lost by 80 something votes, so ONLY 45 more "yes votes" will be needed to pass.

All IS NOT well in the South and Corker will have to put a cork in his mouth this time. NEVER count your chickens until there hatched as the old saying goes.

ENJOY THE RIDE!

HA!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually I like to wait until "the fat lady sings or the dust settles", however it appears that "outside forces" namely a "sitting" US Senator, da gub of Tenn and a State senator have been "meddling" into a private Corporation's worker rights to unionize. Lying to it's citizens about what's going on at the plant. Just who are the "thugs" in this situation? The Union or the elected officials? Guess the latter is going to get "fettered out" by a law enacted decades ago just for such situations.

Wow and I thought the GOP was ALL ABOUT "no government intrusion", guess not as the NLRB is now involved in this mess.

Looks to me like a "revote" will be soon done again. In case you don't know, the unionization of the plant lost by 80 something votes, so ONLY 45 more "yes votes" will be needed to pass.

All IS NOT well in the South and Corker will have to put a cork in his mouth this time. NEVER count your chickens until there hatched as the old saying goes.

ENJOY THE RIDE!

HA!

Yup, innocent old union is so innocent that they are now threatening to kill any VW expansion in the south unless the union is voted in. No outside influence going on there, now is there? :rollseyes:

Sounds like VW is now going to press forward with setting up their in house works council, like they wanted all along. I'd rather see them fight to overturn the stupid rule that says a US union has to be in shop before a works council at a private company can be instituted.