• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Did have some key visitors this weekend .. Jalyn Holmes didn't make it but most don't seem to be TOO concerned.

Most notably

- sounds like we may be back in the thick of things with Elijah Hood

- Ricky Deberry did visit as well (2015 stud with a growing offer list that stands to be ridiculous).

- sounds like Marshawn is now back to being a pretty solid commit

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kalen McCain commits to VT. Yessir. Good player.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances VT takes McCain, Reavis and MJ Stewart.. three safeties in this class?

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances VT takes McCain, Reavis and MJ Stewart.. three safeties in this class?

According to an article on TKP, Kalen was told he will play cornerback.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should still keep your ears open for more good news. Junior Day was a huge success, and it's only gonna get better the next two weeks.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did it? I read VT wants him at safety BUT he did play some CB in highschool.

"Listed as a safety, McCain said he's been told by the Virginia Tech staff he'll play cornerback next year."

I guess that still leaves the door open for MJ Stewart and CJ Reavis.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless their body type slots them into one position for sure (like Fisher or D. Manning) It seems we just recruit DBs and let their performance / our need dictate where they play.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless their body type slots them into one position for sure (like Fisher or D. Manning) It seems we just recruit DBs and let their performance / our need dictate where they play.

That's one reason i think VT is recruiting a lot of tall,lean, and quick secondary guys. With a tall lean frame they can basically play any position in our secondary. Just add a couple of pounds if they move to safety/rover.

This will allow Gray/Foster better scheming opportunities in the secondary, better depth at all positions in the secondary, and a better strategy for getting the 4/5/6 best players on the field.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice pickup to get things going. It also doesn't hurt that he is teammates with Donte Williams (4* RB) and Trevion Thompson (4* WR)...also on our offer list :wink:

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anybody know if the story about Nnadi being pissed about the "godfather" posts on TSL is true?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard that those were being used to recruit against us. However, I don't know much about how Nnadi felt about it. I know it pissed off a certain father of a future Who and he was vocal about it.

Personally I don't think Nnadi ends up a Hokie but I have been surprised before.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Where is the good recruiting news?

I'm looking forward to this year's recruiting.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is the good recruiting news?

I'm looking forward to this year's recruiting.

Not too good yet. I think only one top 10 Virginia recruit is attending the spring game and that is Marshawn Williams (#10). We are supposedly still in pretty good shape for Hand and Holmes, but Holmes missing the visit last week and visiting Tennesee the day of our spring game has to be a bit concerning.

I'd like to see some comittments from Reavis and Park to get this thing rolling.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think a lot of people are for a Park commitment at the spring game. We are in very good shape for him and pretty good shape for Cornwell too.

Holmes has already committed to coming for UT's spring game ... I'm concerned about him honestly (until he gets back on campus) .. but from what I hear, there is almost zero chance that he ends up a Hoo.

Bottom line: We'll get ours. I'm most concerned with getting some stud OL recruits. Would be nice to get a few very good LB'ers too (hoping Marcus Boone impresses in camp).

I have a feeling that we get several solid WR prospects (including Javon Harrison). A good 1-2 TEs would be good. If we only get Marshawn for a RB, not too concerned. Even if we don't land a great QB prospect, it's not the area of biggest need. We'll be fine at CB/S as well.

From most accounts, Hand definitely has VT and Michigan in his top 2. If he doesn't make it back for the spring game, I'm sure he'll be back in the summer.

Sounds like we are in VERY good shape with the NJ kids .. VERY good shape (Brown and Izzo). They're coming in for the spring game.

Nnadi is a head-scratcher .. 60/40 right now -- UVA

We seem to be in pretty good shape with both of the DL from Maryland. With the shape we're in for these elite DL + Mihota, I really think that we'll end up with an ELITE crop of DL. 3-4 4+ star lineman (Keihn is a high 3* but he's in that group).

VT_Antzo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is this about Nnadi and "the godfather"?