• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Virginia Announces Football Series with Boise State - VIRGINIASPORTS.COM - The University of Virginia Official Athletic Site

"They've (Boise St) done it with great coaching, solid recruiting and a fearless approach to competition. We are trying to do the same thing and this will be an incredible challenge for us as we continue to build our program."

To me, this reads as London basically has all the time in the world. I don't agree with it, but it is what it is.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's obviously not true if you have been paying attention to the recent comments by our Executive Associate Athletics Director, Jon Oliver.

John-Oliver.jpg

that's why UVA is struggling so, their AD splits time between charlottesville and NYC for his gig on the daily show

BeachNHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I read that London wasn't on board with the TOB hire. That doesn't sound like he has a lot of breathing room for this upcoming season. I think he will be fired when UVA doesn't make a bowl again this next season.

slntkilla

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshawn Williams never made it to UVA for that visit, btw.

:clap:

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshawn Williams never made it to UVA for that visit, btw.

:clap:

It would crack me up if his excuse was just something like "oh, it must have slipped my mind". That would be awesome.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to take note of the Hoos, writes Dave Hooker of ESPN.com. That includes you, Virginia Tech. Hooker writes that the gap between the two programs is closing, and that can be attributed to Virginia's success on the recruiting trail under London:

Virginia is also the state school, even if it seemed Virginia Tech took that spot with its recent football success.

That success, however, is fading into the past. Long gone are Michael Vick and a national championship appearance. The distance between the two programs doesn't seem that far any longer.

And the recent oral commitment of Blanding, writes Hooker, just brought UVa even closer.

From a blog entry on ESPN about UVA landing Blanding. It gave me a good chuckle to start my day.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to take note of the Hoos, writes Dave Hooker of ESPN.com. That includes you, Virginia Tech. Hooker writes that the gap between the two programs is closing, and that can be attributed to Virginia's success on the recruiting trail under London:

Virginia is also the state school, even if it seemed Virginia Tech took that spot with its recent football success.

That success, however, is fading into the past. Long gone are Michael Vick and a national championship appearance. The distance between the two programs doesn't seem that far any longer.

And the recent oral commitment of Blanding, writes Hooker, just brought UVa even closer.

:happyshake:

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like they hire the most idiotic bloggers they can find so people will feel the need to become an insider. That's the only reasonable explanation I can think of.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMAO, yeah the gap narrowed for one season, but not because UVA is on the ups, cause we had a down year...UVA shouldnt be celebrated because we dropped to slightly above their level for one season

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone should be worried, you would think UVA should be now that VT has taken a new look at it's recruiting techniques and is getting more top talent. If our coaching staff was able to be that successful with marginal classes, what does the future hold when they're starting with more athleticism?

It's not like we really have ever out recruited UVA by that great of a margin.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO, yeah the gap narrowed for one season, but not because UVA is on the ups, cause we had a down year...UVA shouldnt be celebrated because we dropped to slightly above their level for one season

Did the gap really even narrow? Yeah, VT took a step backward, losing four more games than they did the previous year. But guess how many more games UVA lost compared to the previous year? Yep, the same number.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea....that was the same guy who said Joel Caleb was a lock to WVU a few weeks before signing day by the way.

HokieNut20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know much about this OL - Mike Herndon from Staunton (Riverheads). Says he's 6'5 weighs 320+lbs and also plays linebacker. How freakin scary would that be seeing a guy like that in HS playing linebacker and letting him get a head of steam coming at you.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a huge height/weight disparity between what Rivals and 247 report for Herndon, so I'm curious to know how big he really is. From what I've heard we are recruiting him solely for OL.

HokieNut20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noticed that Rivals has now taken away all of Mihota's stars (honestly they're probably redoing some ranking stuff somewhere or something) At this pace they're going to have him back in grade school by NSD.