• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we out of it for Street? Also you guys think we take 1 more DE?

Seem like we're out of it. I know we've offered Jesse Aniebonam and most likely would take him if he wanted to commit, but if he doesn't I don't see us offering someone else who's not rated so high. Especially with 2015 loaded with DE talent. (talent that we seem to be in good shape with too.)

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Izzo and Raymon Minor are now 4 stars in the 247 rankings.

Last edited by a moderator:

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of positive tweets from Minor and Payton. Even a tweet about playing LB together at VT

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JC Shurburtt just predicted Nnadi to us.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JC just predicted Brady Taylor to us as well.

JPCVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Taylor there this weekend? Getting a little anxious over here since no one has jumped on board yet.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Taylor there this weekend? Getting a little anxious over here since no one has jumped on board yet.

Don't know for sure, but I'm assuming he wasn't. Nothing from his twitter indicates that he did, and also Grimes called him like a day before the camp. If he was coming down, I would assume he would've just waited and talked to Taylor face to face at the camp.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky Walker just announced his top 5 meaning we weren't as close to a commitment as we thought we were if he's just releasing this list. Oh and it's

VT
UNC
Pitt
Penn State
South Carolina

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ricky Walker just announced his top 5 meaning we weren't as close to a commitment as we thought we were if he's just releasing this list. Oh and it's

VT
UNC
Pitt
Penn State
South Carolina

VT is in his top 5, so while it's not a lock, it's pretty good.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After talking to some people that were down there for the weekend, I feel really reay good about a lot if our top remaining prospects. I also still think we can beat that line I set last Wednesday by the 7 day mark.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After talking to some people that were down there for the weekend, I feel really reay good about a lot if our top remaining prospects. I also still think we can beat that line I set last Wednesday by the 7 day mark.

Not sure what guys like Minor, Payton and Stroman are waiting for....sounds like they are Hokies already! I like the fact that JC and Gayle were in Nnadi and Walker's ear this weekend.

JPCVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When would you anticipate those commits coming?

bharm15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sometimes the recruits just put off their commitments a few days or even few weeks even though they've made up their mind. I'm guessing that's what happened since this recruit had said himself he was going to commit at this camp so I'd say just give it a little time. That's what happened when i said that Ford was gonna commit the next day which he ended up doing just a week later.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah --- I think we're looking real good for Nnadi, Walker, and Minor -- arguably our top remaining prospects. Some seem to think that we're getting warmer for Brady Taylor (who was just re-evaled as a high 3* BTW).

I'm starting to have my doubts about the other NJ boys (Brown and Izzo) but those in the know still claim that we're very much in it for both of them.

According to 247, sounds like we're definitely recruiting Brandon Lee very hard too (4* LB out of Indiana) and have a shot.

Still gonna be a great class, regardless of all of our misses. Get used to the misses. We're recruiting like "big boys" now and most of the big boys miss on many many more than they land. I like the fact that we're starting to recruit some "softer" ground that has GREAT talent too (northeast, NJ, PA). It will be easier to pull highly rated recruits from there (in general) than from SEC country.