• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2014 Recruiting Target List

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignore Farrell. But I haven't felt good about Hand in a long time. Seems to be a two-horse race between VT and Michigan, but I'm worried that Michigan will steal him away in the end. We need a good visit.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
curious why you'd think that 46 ... was my assumption that we'd like to take two DTs this season -- and between Brown, Nnadi, and Walker, the first two are in.

let's not forget about Harry Lewis, Ferrell, Barnett ... we're set up to land 5-8 ELITE DL over the next few years.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and VTSparks can vouch for this .. On Saturday night, over a pint of Double Bastard, I told him that I had a weird feeling that things would play out and that we would end up with Cornwell ... just a feeling

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nnadi and Brown don't much care for each other.

Yep, I've heard and read that numerous places. Sounds like VT will end up with Nnadi and UVa with Brown. 247's latest Crystal Ball has Brown @ 97% to UVa.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA is not in Brown's top 5 anymore, jeffro. The times, they are a changin'...

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA is not in Brown's top 5 anymore, jeffro. The times, they are a changin'...

Is that why Gerry Hamilton, 247's National Scouting Director just updated his Crystal Ball prediction yesterday to Brown to UVa? I guess all the guru's at 247 don't know what they are talking about.

Here is a quote from JC Shurburtt
-Sources familiar with the recruitment of five-star defensive lineman Andrew Brown (Chesapeake, Va./Oscar Smith) would be completely stunned if Virginia were not part of his current top five and even said that it would be somewhat of an upset if the 6-foot-4, 290-pounder did not end up with the Cavaliers. That being said, his unofficial visit to Virginia Tech last week did get the Hokies back in the mix to a certain extent as the feedback given to that staff from Brown and his father was rather positive. We all know how in-state recruiting battles go- at times they ultimately end up favoring the out-of-state program.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that why Gerry Hamilton, 247's National Scouting Director just updated his Crystal Ball prediction yesterday to Brown to UVa? I guess all the guru's at 247 don't know what they are talking about.

Here is a quote from JC Shurburtt
-Sources familiar with the recruitment of five-star defensive lineman Andrew Brown (Chesapeake, Va./Oscar Smith) would be completely stunned if Virginia were not part of his current top five and even said that it would be somewhat of an upset if the 6-foot-4, 290-pounder did not end up with the Cavaliers. That being said, his unofficial visit to Virginia Tech last week did get the Hokies back in the mix to a certain extent as the feedback given to that staff from Brown and his father was rather positive. We all know how in-state recruiting battles go- at times they ultimately end up favoring the out-of-state program.

(I’m down to) Virginia Tech, Clemson, Ohio State, Florida, Florida State, and I’m in and out about UNC, UVA, and Alabama,” Brown plainly stated. “I put my top five together because they have exactly what I want to do (as a major). I want to do music production.”

Andrew Brown Talks College Choices | Recruit757

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't get into predictions much and we all know UVA will land their fair share of recruits - it was quite easy to see with the latest QB that chose OK State over VT that some of the gurus at 247 with their predictions are scrubs. Making changes to predictions as soon as they happen or 1 min before they happen is laughable at best.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I've heard and read that numerous places. Sounds like VT will end up with Nnadi and UVa with Brown. 247's latest Crystal Ball has Brown @ 97% to UVa.

It also has Nnadi at 100% UVA. It also said Mason Rudolph 100% VT and then he picked Okie state.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(I’m down to) Virginia Tech, Clemson, Ohio State, Florida, Florida State, and I’m in and out about UNC, UVA, and Alabama,” Brown plainly stated. “I put my top five together because they have exactly what I want to do (as a major). I want to do music production.”

Andrew Brown Talks College Choices | Recruit757

He doesn't really knock UVa at all in that article. Yes, UVa does not have the major he wants, but it seems UVa has made it clear to him that they will do everything in their power to accommodate him.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yep -- i'm trying to spin them up a bit over there at 247 too .... not saying brown won't end up at uva, but i quoted that exact same recruit757 article as above .. and it sounds to me like he named his top 5, not where he'll take his 5 officials ... we will see

as far as brown and nnadi -- i would certainly hope that they wouldn't make their decision to go somewhere only because of friends or not go somewhere only because they don't like someone either .. i'm sure there are plenty of current VT players who don't care much for each other... odds are i wouldn't like all of you bastards if i really knew you either :D

fwiw -- evanG had rudolph to Okie State pegged the whole time ... EGW doing work over on 247

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He doesn't really knock UVa at all in that article. Yes, UVa does not have the major he wants, but it seems UVa has made it clear to him that they will do everything in their power to accommodate him.
ummm ... that's teetering on the edge of violating ncaa rules ... they can tell him all they want what they'll do -- but they can't "create" curriculum and "custom" majors for people.

seems like his major is very important to him ... and general vicinity .. otherwise, michigan would be a major factor in this

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn't knock them but he made it pretty clear who his top 5 are and then UVA and Bama are now on the outside. It will probably change again but currently UVA has lost some ground it looks like.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ummm ... that's teetering on the edge of violating ncaa rules ... they can tell him all they want what they'll do -- but they can't "create" curriculum and "custom" majors for people.

seems like his major is very important to him ... and general vicinity .. otherwise, michigan would be a major factor in this

Fwiw, I don't think that is what they or Jeffro meant. I think they are telling him he can get a degree in a related field and do some internship in the field he is interested in.....or something along those lines.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any idea why some of 247's gurus are predicting Hand to Bama now?