• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ha might have to change your name to Foozworth

nope and here is why: I have said it twice over two years. If it were you, we would have to read about it daily along with you blaming our staff for ever offering him and then naming 15 guys who should have got his scholly.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That's fine. I had heard the same. I'm not against criticism. I'm against attacking guys and using the names in thread titles. Get off your cross, fooz.

oh i know dude. like i said i posted the same in last years NSD thread so...

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember off the top of my head what side of the ball Wright is gonna start out on. I thought they had him at RB at FUMA, but I thought of him as a LB. Thoughts or info?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't remember off the top of my head what side of the ball Wright is gonna start out on. I thought they had him at RB at FUMA, but I thought of him as a LB. Thoughts or info?

not sure its been decided. Honestly im not even sure he played LB (where i personally hope he ends up) in HS all the talk of him playing LB may or may not have originated with a comment from one of his coaches.

He played RB in HS and @fuma and im pretty sure that is where VT has him slotted now.

http://blogs.roanoke.com/andybitter...rome-wright-springers-coach-calls-it-a-steal/

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure its been decided. Honestly im not even sure he played LB (where i personally hope he ends up) in HS all the talk of him playing LB may or may not have originated with a comment from one of his coaches.

He played RB in HS and @fuma and im pretty sure that is where VT has him slotted now.

http://blogs.roanoke.com/andybitter...rome-wright-springers-coach-calls-it-a-steal/

Ah thanks man. He's got a good build and it seems like Loeffler might be into using fullbacks more often- he could be a fit there

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah thanks man. He's got a good build and it seems like Loeffler might be into using fullbacks more often- he could be a fit there

I would like our FB to be the 250lb boulder that can make a hole down by the goal line. If he can get to that, I'd be for it but honestly I think they can find a FB from a walk on point of view (preferred walk on is fine). Let them earn a scholarship and im good with that. FB is just an interesting position to recruit and sell i feel like for a D-1 player that is probably being offered as a LB or RB at another school.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehh...
1) Camera angles can throw things off
2) The way Beamer's standing wouldn't take too much off his height... an inch?
3) I think he looks more like 4 inches taller there, not 1-2. Beamer's only up to his eyebrows, with hair.

Bitter will probably have a post with the newbie's measurables today or tomorrow, so we'll see.

this

beamer looks taller in the pic cause the green leaf in the background, and the white wall under it...the wall kind of blends into beamer's hair, making it look like that space is part of beamer's hair, IMO, if that made sense

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 5'11". It's going to be OK. Ryan Williams and David Wilson were both listed at 6' on the sites and both measured <5'10" at the combine. When he tries to break up a pass and comes up 1" short or is tackled 1" short of the goal line THEN we should start complaining :evil:

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I don't want to make too much of it, but it is disappointing. Less frame to bulk up. And a little strange that his height was inflated that much. I can see an inch or two (as was the case with Dooley and Baron), but 3 inches is starting to get up there.

Now I'm wondering how short Beamer is, after seeing that tweet pic. :)

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 5'11". It's going to be OK. Ryan Williams and David Wilson were both listed at 6' on the sites and both measured <5'10" at the combine. When he tries to break up a pass and comes up 1" short or is tackled 1" short of the goal line THEN we should start complaining :evil:

I know football is different than it was say even 10 years ago, but London Fletcher and Ray Lewis aren't even 6" (I believe). I think he would be just fine at MLB. I don't think Andrew Matuopeka is 6" either. Wright would certainly have to put on a little weight though.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, it sounds like you can cross Cook and Chavis of of our target list. Cook made it pretty clear last week but someone tweeted that Shuman at FUMA said Chavis is 100% UVA and won't be coming to Blacksburg.

Another scholly for the new guys to use on a loaded 2014 class, I suppose.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, it sounds like you can cross Cook and Chavis of of our target list. Cook made it pretty clear last week but someone tweeted that Shuman at FUMA said Chavis is 100% UVA and won't be coming to Blacksburg.

Another scholly for the new guys to use on a loaded 2014 class, I suppose.

At a glance, I don't really see anyone leaving early next year (RS sophs or juniors THIS season). Assuming noone leaves early next year opening up more schollies, what kind of scholarships does it look like we might have for the critical '14 class 46?

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't forget guys also leave for non-NFL reasons. ;) That may have the bigger impact on scholarship counts.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. I would bet we sign a full class of 25-26.

That is kinda was I was thinking (hoping). Maybe a full 25 with a few preps/gs.

I considered Jarrett and possibly even a D-Lineman (Maddy perhaps) IF they had monster years. D-lineman going early is probably much less likely.

I suppose Leal, Holmes (depending on how the RB situation works out) and others leaving would certainly be a possibility. I am OK with attrition and transfers in most cases (players not really contributing). Think it is a win-win for everyone. All good programs face this.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'd say that holmes is certainly a possibility if he gets lost in the shuffle at RB in the spring (and doesn't move to D) ... i could see him going home to JMU and hittin up cuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrt

i think leal would be silly to transfer but obviously that's his decision. one would hope that he can get some cleanup reps this season and a full season to start. sometimes that's all it takes.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we pick up a commitment from a wide receiver from 757? A kid they just recently showed interest to. Similar to the josh Stanford situation from last year...