• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with everything you say HoHum except the accuracy part (for Hack). When he has had time he has put it right on the money. He is NOT very mobile for his size (despite what the commentators have said several times). But I agree, he is a good QB with a very nice arm, FUMA is simply outmanned by Hermitage (no surprise there).

Green has looked very solid between the tackles. The couple times he has kicked it outside he has had plenty enough speed to get to the next level. Runs with power and straight ran over FUMA's linebacker. I want him in BBurg...

I only watched the first half....Hack's throws were rarely on the money in the first half. Maybe I am expecting too much after watching Eli Manning the night before, but I was disappointed considering ESPN has him #1 on the QB board. :thumb:

Green reminded me a lot of Darren Evans.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green looked like a beast. He didn't have many big holes but he followed his blockers well, he was patient and has power and speed. I dont know what the dumb ass was thinking after the game when he said "he will pound it out. He isnt a burner and wont be outrunning too many guys..." He runs like Darren Evans but is faster. I want him. My concern is in his interview after the game he said the depth chart will be a factor in the school he picks because he wants to play early. We have a good group of RBs and Harris coming next year. I know they weren't 5* guys but they could be tough to beat out for him.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green looked like a beast. He didn't have many big holes but he followed his blockers well, he was patient and has power and speed. I dont know what the dumb ass was thinking after the game when he said "he will pound it out. He isnt a burner and wont be outrunning too many guys..." He runs like Darren Evans but is faster. I want him. My concern is in his interview after the game he said the depth chart will be a factor in the school he picks because he wants to play early. We have a good group of RBs and Harris coming next year. I know they weren't 5* guys but they could be tough to beat out for him.

Yeah, I saw that too. The thing is, just about any school that he goes to that is somebody will likely be fairly deep at the position, especially Auburn and Michigan (supposedly his Top2 right now). If he his good enough to get on the field and early then those coaches will do just that, including Beamer. It looks like we are on the outside looking in, but we will hopefully make his final3. If he wants to play early and often without a huge threat of competition, he may want to look harder at someone like Ole Miss or a school that hasn't recruited great for the last few years.

On a side note. Still kind of confused at the OSU thing and Green. After watching him today, he is a typical back for OSU. Then again, I don't really know much about the kind of O Urban Meyer is running there now as opposed to what Tressel did.

Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I saw that too. The thing is, just about any school that he goes to that is somebody will likely be fairly deep at the position, especially Auburn and Michigan (supposedly his Top2 right now). If he his good enough to get on the field and early then those coaches will do just that, including Beamer. It looks like we are on the outside looking in, but we will hopefully make his final3. If he wants to play early and often without a huge threat of competition, he may want to look harder at someone like Ole Miss or a school that hasn't recruited great for the last few years.

On a side note. Still kind of confused at the OSU thing and Green. After watching him today, he is a typical back for OSU. Then again, I don't really know much about the kind of O Urban Meyer is running there now as opposed to what Tressel did.

He would have been a outstanding RB for tOSU 5 years ago. Urban's offense runs the ball a lot but its speed and shiftiness based. Not a North South kind of style that Green has.

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess DJ Reid was on campus AUG 18th but not much was made of him visiting... Im not sure I have been in and out so much lately but maybe this paper incorrectly recorded his weight, but this is about the 3rd article to say he was over 200 pounds already and runs sub 4.4 WOW!! I still would rather have Green because of the perception that would also come with receiving his commitment, but if not Reid already has college size and speed so definitely not a bad plan B there.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I guess DJ Reid was on campus AUG 18th but not much was made of him visiting... Im not sure I have been in and out so much lately but maybe this paper incorrectly recorded his weight, but this is about the 3rd article to say he was over 200 pounds already and runs sub 4.4 WOW!! I still would rather have Green because of the perception that would also come with receiving his commitment, but if not Reid already has college size and speed so definitely not a bad plan B there.
Did not make the trip on the 18th.

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes that's the article sorry didn't link it hahah... that's unfortunate DJ didn't make it but I think with Taylor and Frye already in bburg it may be difficult for so Florida to win out..

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes that's the article sorry didn't link it hahah... that's unfortunate DJ didn't make it but I think with Taylor and Frye already in bburg it may be difficult for so Florida to win out..
Family is in So Fla, depends on if he wants to be with his family or with his friends. I personally think he will be at VT though

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Green to announce decision in October

Well, according to ESPN, VT apparently is not even being considered by Derrick Green.

"Recruiting is moving quickly for four-star running back Derrick Green (Richmond, Va./Hermitage) -- almost as quickly as the ESPN 150 prospect picks up yardage.

The nation's No. 53 prospect said during ESPN's RecruitingNation podcast that he plans to announce his final decision in October. He's still considering Auburn, Georgia, Michigan, Ole Miss, Oregon and Tennessee. Green said he'll again cut down his list before he announces his commitment.

Auburn, Michigan and Tennessee seem to be in the best position. The prospect has said he'll take official visits to all three schools and has planned an Oct. 20 visit to Ann Arbor for the Michigan State game. He has yet to set dates for Auburn and Tennessee. His last two official visits will be to two of his last three other finalists: Georgia, Ole Miss or Oregon. Green will travel this weekend to Atlanta to see Auburn play Clemson in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game."

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, according to ESPN, VT apparently is not even being considered by Derrick Green.

"Recruiting is moving quickly for four-star running back Derrick Green (Richmond, Va./Hermitage) -- almost as quickly as the ESPN 150 prospect picks up yardage.

The nation's No. 53 prospect said during ESPN's RecruitingNation podcast that he plans to announce his final decision in October. He's still considering Auburn, Georgia, Michigan, Ole Miss, Oregon and Tennessee. Green said he'll again cut down his list before he announces his commitment.

Auburn, Michigan and Tennessee seem to be in the best position. The prospect has said he'll take official visits to all three schools and has planned an Oct. 20 visit to Ann Arbor for the Michigan State game. He has yet to set dates for Auburn and Tennessee. His last two official visits will be to two of his last three other finalists: Georgia, Ole Miss or Oregon. Green will travel this weekend to Atlanta to see Auburn play Clemson in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game."

Yeah, not sure how accurate that is but not too confident on Green coming to BBurg. He says very little about VT. Didn't expect to get him, but hey it still stinks. Its all good, we are pretty loaded at RB for the next couple, this opens it up for a stellar RB (4-5 star hopefully) recruit next year too. Now... a full court press for Hamilton and Reid to finish this class off.

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, not sure how accurate that is but not too confident on Green coming to BBurg. He says very little about VT. Didn't expect to get him, but hey it still stinks. Its all good, we are pretty loaded at RB for the next couple, this opens it up for a stellar RB (4-5 star hopefully) recruit next year too. Now... a full court press for Hamilton and Reid to finish this class off.

Kid we have for 2014 will be good...forget his name, and too lazy to look it up.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
spark58510 ‏@spark58510
Hey @BrOoKyLn_boii27 . Is #VT out of the running for your services? Good luck whereever you end up. #Bruiser

@spark58510 #VT is still firmly in the mix! Talked to coach beamer today & i might be at the game monday vs #GTECH

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

ESPN is clueless. Dave Hooker really has no idea what he's talking about, or he is just pumping the SEC teams. I'm inclined to believe the later because he has been wrong on so many VT recruits.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spark58510 ‏@spark58510
Hey @BrOoKyLn_boii27 . Is #VT out of the running for your services? Good luck whereever you end up. #Bruiser

@spark58510 #VT is still firmly in the mix! Talked to coach beamer today & i might be at the game monday vs #GTECH

I don't know...if he's set to announce in October and "might" be at the GT game. That doesn't sound to promising for VT.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yah .. pretty obvious to me over the last year or two that espn, for the most part, loves to smear the name of vt .. sure -- they've lost some big games but the sugar bowl michigan hype .. hating on vt for getting picked when fucking michigan had no more right to be there << blatantly obvious. i wanted vt to win that game more than just about any other game ever just so they could smear it in herbstreit's smug fucking face. and the clemson/fsu hype is ridiculous

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont want to read too much into it, but the tweets from green definitely make me think we have a chance. that could be his official visit, and his first one overall. a night game in Lane Stadium... WHATTT???! not many better environments to be in. Especially if we win.

if he makes it to the game, thats nothing short of very positive.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know...if he's set to announce in October and "might" be at the GT game. That doesn't sound to promising for VT.

He's going to take his 5 officials. Probably, Auburn, Tenn, Michigan, Ole Miss, and Oregon (get some Nike swag while he's at it) I doub't he takes one to Georgia, but if he does, probably in lieu of Miss.

What the heck, why take an official to VT? He can get there easily enough, and can still take his 5 officials.

Those little Tenn redheads are pretty hot. Miss is a great party and tailgate school. Oregon gets you some Nike swag. Georgia requires an interpreter, and Michigan has a cool fight song, which they will play at least six times.

Between VT and Auburn, if he comes Monday, we win, and he can meet with Beam and sonBeam.