• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time poster here.

Male VT grad Business Management Major. Not sure what else to tell.

regarding my posting. I don't understand Rivals though. Several times I heard them talk about how Kendall Fuller could possibly even be the #1 player in the nation. He didn't back down, showed up strong at camps. Asked them to invite top notch players to play against and then drop him from 3 to 6. Just seems weird.

Welcome sir!

How did you find us?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has never even visited wvu, so hes not choosing there, and he himself said today to norm wood that uva and wvu were his two favorites. so he basically just committed to uva. i still dont see why he wants to go there so bad, but it is what it is.

what an odd top 2 for a 5-star recruit

Have you seen the defensive recruits we have coming in this year, last year and likely next year?

Who gives a fuck if he is Adrian Peterson. He will be 0-3 at best agains us.

HokieNut20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the welcome. Seems like someone on twitter mentioned the sports SportsHoopla hokie forum and I went out searching til I found it. It's been great as a resource for information and trying to stay on top of what's going on with the team and recruiting.

dngrcnnn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does it shock anyone that fuller and teller dropped now that they are VT commits?

Teller was the other one that dropped, not Fisher. And he improved at his position, he just dropped overall as others moved up. I'd take a positional improvement any day, since no one cares how good of a QB he wouldn't be.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Noticed that Josh Outlaw decommitted from Florida ... and also noticed that he goes to MLK high in Lithonia, Ga (same school as Josh Stanford) .. someone needs to get Stanford on his ass .. let's go ahead and pull in Dorian Johnson and Josh Outlaw

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Noticed that Josh Outlaw decommitted from Florida ... and also noticed that he goes to MLK high in Lithonia, Ga (same school as Josh Stanford) .. someone needs to get Stanford on his ass .. let's go ahead and pull in Dorian Johnson and Josh Outlaw
Stanford only went to MLK for 1 year but I'm sure they know eachother pretty well.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any word on why he de-committed from UF, and what were the other places he was looking before?
and do we honestly have a shot with dorian johnson? i know we're in his top 3, but im saying realistically

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any word on why he de-committed from UF, and what were the other places he was looking before?
and do we honestly have a shot with dorian johnson? i know we're in his top 3, but im saying realistically

He said that he didn't see eye to eye with the UF coaches regarding taking his official visits. He said he wanted to enjoy opportunities that he would never get again, so it sounds like he just wanted to check out the scene elsewhere and enjoy the free trips.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea thanks. i actually just found that haha. courtesy of alligator army.

Joshua Outlaw

Committed: April 7th, 2012, the same day as Bell.

Decommitted: August 19th, 2012.

Reason for Decommitment? An interest in taking official visits. Outlaw told ESPN's Tyson ($) and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Michael Carvell that he wanted to take other official visits, and Florida didn't want him to. Trying to discourage multiple official visits is a tactic I don't agree with — recruits ought to do whatever they want, both because finding a fit matters and because these free trips to see college campuses are among the only perks recruits (legally) get — but I do understand it from the Gators' side.

Mutual Decommitment? No. Florida clearly didn't want Outlaw to decommit.

Recommitment Possibility? Decent. Outlaw told Tyson that Florida's not eliminated, and it's unclear where he'll even be taking official visits. Georgia's a good bet, as the home state school, and Outlaw did go to Dawg Night.

Pain of Decommitment: Significant. Outlaw's a good guard, one who could compete in the SEC as a sophomore after adding some weight. And his decommitment coming after Johnson's made it more painful.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teller was the other one that dropped, not Fisher. And he improved at his position, he just dropped overall as others moved up. I'd take a positional improvement any day, since no one cares how good of a QB he wouldn't be.

i said teller, and they are new VT commits since the last rivals 100. i didnt even need to look at the new 100 to figure they'd drop. fisher on the other hand has been a VT commit for ages now and already had his "new commit to VT fall" in the prior rivals 100.

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said teller, and they are new VT commits since the last rivals 100. i didnt even need to look at the new 100 to figure they'd drop. fisher on the other hand has been a VT commit for ages now and already had his "new commit to VT fall" in the prior rivals 100.

does it matter dude? I mean these prospects dont have to be in the 250.. all that matters is there awesome players that will come to tech and work there tails off and they can contribute down the road this is why I like a ceqaun jefferson and brandon facyson, not the highest tanked guys but kids that will work hard and have solid college careers ...whether theres some anti-VT conspiracy or not, we can all agree that where some recruiting service ranks a guy doesn't determine jack shyt in regards to his college success ... now lets carry on

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
does it matter dude? I mean these prospects dont have to be in the 250.. all that matters is there awesome players that will come to tech and work there tails off and they can contribute down the road this is why I like a ceqaun jefferson and brandon facyson, not the highest tanked guys but kids that will work hard and have solid college careers ...whether theres some anti-VT conspiracy or not, we can all agree that where some recruiting service ranks a guy doesn't determine jack shyt in regards to his college success ... now lets carry on
Brandon may be a concensus 4 star after his year(along with Parker). My man Chuck looks to move up a bit too (high 3*)

Lee_grazie

GO TERPS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon may be a concensus 4 star after his year(along with Parker). My man Chuck looks to move up a bit too (high 3*)

I would agree with you there EGW I think all star games can make ceqaun a consensus 4* also alot like Manning just reminding you guys *******s dont effect either of these guys success attention to detail, hard work, and commitment does...

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the second article I've read indicating that he's buckled down serious about making better choices and working harder in school. If this kid can get his grades up, he definitely has the talent to play at a high level. I know we're filling up fast, but if his changes are legit and depending on how things go with other commitments, I wouldn't be surprised to see a late offer go out. What do you guys think?

Ex-Brooke Point standout has change of heart - The Gridiron: H.S. Football

HokieNut20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see Bucky in the 250 course I looked quickly, but it seems to me that player that attend Rivals funcitons are rewarded more with rankings than others. Just feels a little biased. I'll admit though that I might be wrong in my assesment and I'm not feeling jaded at all just noticed names when going through the lists.

dngrcnnn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see Bucky in the 250 course I looked quickly, but it seems to me that player that attend Rivals funcitons are rewarded more with rankings than others. Just feels a little biased. I'll admit though that I might be wrong in my assesment and I'm not feeling jaded at all just noticed names when going through the lists.

I'm just throwing out a guess, but it seems like at least attending something is the key. And I haven't heard of Bucky going to any of those events to play against other HS stars. So he kind of got forgotten over the summer while other players were out "proving" themselves.